Bullies in school -- outlaw them or send them to jail.

How does wearing a tight dress make you a whore?

What's your definition of "tight dress"?

That was my point. Wearing a tight dress does NOT make you a whore. I was calling HorseLover on her comment. If anything, I think her comment makes her just as much of a bully (even if not to her face) as much as her former bully was.

That was my point. Wearing a tight dress does NOT make you a whore. I was calling HorseLover on her comment. If anything, I think her comment makes her just as much of a bully (even if not to her face) as much as her former bully was.
Ah, ok... :)

Well a skin tight dress with uh little wiggle room can be rather suggestive in my opinion, especially if she can't bend over without showing her buttocks.

but a dress that just conforms to ones body and is a reasonable length then no, its not suggestive at least to me.

But this has derailed off into whether or not a dress makes one a whore. The title is about bullies.

I was bullied for six years from middle school to high school, at my deaf school.

Because....
- I was not "smart" enough.
- I was not "beautiful" enough.
- I was not "cool" enough.
- I was a "fucktard".
- I was a "bored" person.

They just ignored me all the way, sometimes.

* I got haircut because a few of them did put a thing on my hair.
* I was tripped and my ankle was twisted by a bully, but we did not get in trouble.
* I was teased all the time until my senior year, it got better a little...
* Many bad memories that I want not to say it.

I can relate to those victims of bullies. =/

Sucks.

I got my head slammed into a locker in middle school
I got pushed and shoved around in the halls
I got a large backpack slung at me
I got groped and fondled
I got called whore
I wasnt pretty enough
I wasnt smart enough
I wasnt athletic enough
I wasnt good enough

damn this sounds like a sappy song from Darren Hayes, LOL But its all true.

I had a bully in the 4th grade decide he was going to pick on me instead, because I told him to leave a girl with MR alone on the walk home from school. That is, he decided he was going to pick on me until I broke his nose with my geography book.:giggle: BTW, we lived in a samll town, and he was the police chief's son. Nothing much came of it, as the police chief did not want the word to get out that his son was terrorizing little girls on their way home from school.:giggle:

I had a bully in the 4th grade decide he was going to pick on me instead, because I told him to leave a girl with MR alone on the walk home from school. That is, he decided he was going to pick on me until I broke his nose with my geography book.:giggle: BTW, we lived in a samll town, and he was the police chief's son. Nothing much came of it, as the police chief did not want the word to get out that his son was terrorizing little girls on their way home from school.:giggle:

Whoo hoo! Jillio .... way to go .... gee, you had guts then! :lol:

WTG Jillio! Well you did hit him with a book of knowledge! :lol:

I agree with you, pek1, that we ought do something about the bully stituations. I have read that boys who killed pets and stray animals are likely to became serial killers. It is easy to see that today's bullies will be tomorrow's troublemakers/jailbirds.

I was picked on by an older boy when I was young. I complained to my mother and she said to ignore it as it will go away. In retrospect, I think it may be a bad advice as I don't think it ever go away although the bully is now an adult.

The guy who bullied on me in junior high... he punched my upper arm so much that I had developed a lot of knots in my muscles and nerves. :(

After some thought, I believe Pete's suggestion to involve outside authorities has considerable merit.

Back in the day, vocal bullies could be dealt with by ridicule. They’re not usually clever in the first place, or they wouldn’t need to feel superior by making others seem inferior. Turning their foolish comments right back in their faces was fun. I got a few twisted arms and black eyes, but they were worth the price, as bullies are almost always cowards and tend to go where the picking is easier.

The same held true with the physical bullies. No matter how much older and bigger, my granddad advised fighting it out whenever I was hit. Then when I got home, my big brother and two younger uncles went looking for the bully or bullies, often their families they hid behind, too. The bullies usually found other kids to pick on.

Times have changed. In the femininization of our schools, if you talk back or heavens-to-Betsy dare to fight back even once, you’re just as guilty as the serial bully. Often more so, because “You should know better, and he/she has been abused at home/is under medication.”

So I like the new high tech method Pete suggests. If some bully or bullette throws a punch, take pictures with your cell phone while calling 9-1-1.

A few trips through the courts and the playground and hall monitors, bus drivers, and their supervisors who have to testify to looking the other way will stop this crap before it gets out of hand.

Granted, Chase, I was never beat up on like Billy and not that badly. But, literally fighting on the school bus and the driver doesn't stop the bus and call for assistance is beyond my comprehension.

Okay, let's say, then, Chase, that instead of running away or calling 9-1-1, we learn self-defense and send the bully to the ER. Then what? Kid being picked on now arrested for assault, not to mention receiving phone threats at home and possibly losing friends. When I was in karate, the office manager's daughter (an older teen) was picked on by another girl (older teen). I stated ages so to point out the girls were roughly the same age. Well, one day the manager's daughter (victim) continued to ignore the bully. The bully, later on in the day, came up behind the victim and grabbed her long hair. Victim didn't know it was the bully and, being a brown belt in karate, sent the bully to ER. The victim immediately lost all her friends and even started receiving threats by phone at home. Finally, to settle this, apparently, the police had talked to the bully and she confessed to what she had done. All of the victim's friends, after learning the truth, stood in line to apologize to the victim.

We can use self-defense, yes . . . but, would it be worth it? If it gives the bully a busted nose or other body part broken, providing the victim was ambushed (key), I believe it is justified.

Chase, what do you think?

I was bullied constantly in jr high school. It got so bad that I had to change class to get away from this girl who was constantly harrassing me. Yes, I was bullied cuz of my deafness and I was too passive to stand up for myself. Because of that, I still have issues with confrontation or standing up for myself but I have gotten a lot better in that area.

I agree with Alsear..call the cops instead of going to the teachers even though I am a teacher myself.

Last night I started reading Jodee Blanco's book "Please Stop Laughing at Me" about her experiences being bullied and how it affected her the rest of her life. I remember those days myself, I was bullied too (not as bad as her, she was physically bullied a lot) and I know it still effects me. The sad thing is most kids don't know they're doing it. If you ask them 20 years later "do you know how much you hurt me" they have no idea they did anything wrong. American culture encourages bullying by saying "kids will be kids" and people don't do enough to stop it.

Would you believe, Etoile, that I was reporting on a story in town on a university student that had died from complications from Crohn's Disease, and one of his friend's was the same last name of the brother and sister that had picked on me? They were his aunt and uncle. What I shouldn't have done is to acknowledge I knew them while in school and saying they were mean to me (which is all I said). A few months after my story, he greeted me while I was walking by and had to remind me who he was. He didn't say anything else, if you know what I mean.

I agree with you, pek1, that we ought do something about the bully stituations. I have read that boys who killed pets and stray animals are likely to became serial killers. It is easy to see that today's bullies will be tomorrow's troublemakers/jailbirds.

I was picked on by an older boy when I was young. I complained to my mother and she said to ignore it as it will go away. In retrospect, I think it may be a bad advice as I don't think it ever go away although the bully is now an adult.

One of my brothers did that stuff to animals when he was little. He just recently got out of jail for assaulting someone.*sighs*

There is one rule that many schools follow...

Both the bully and the victim have to be penalized... such as suspension.

When I was in junior high school, I was bullied on many times. I went to the principal and told him that I was bullied on. He told me that if I wanted to press charges, I would have to allow myself to be suspended as well.

My brother was in the cafeteria eating lunch with his friends. One guy approached him from behind, punched him in the head, threw him on the floor and beat on him. The consequence? The principal suspended both my brother and that bully.

Yes, I think it's stupid. With security cameras being installed nowadays, they should use those to take action towards these students. When a student bullies and isn't stopped, it is very likely that he will grow up into a troublemaker.

What happened to the guy who bullied me? He dropped out of school, broke into houses, stole cars, and almost led his brother to do the same. He even got another guy in trouble and that guy ended up going to jail while he didn't go to jail. Where is he today? I dunno.

For some reason, why do I believe this?

For some reason, why do I believe this?
Yeah... it's a sad rule that schools have.

This is something I don't understand.

A kid has a problem with another kid... the faculty members simply shrug their shoulders and ignore the problem. A kid has a problem with a faculty member... that faculty member is suspended almost immediately and an investigation occurs.

What's up with that?

I have been bullied by words when I was 7th grade and quit within month and half. I went back for 8th grade, because there wasn't any deaf mainstream program set up in public schools at where I live. I tried hard to ignore those who bullied me with their words, BUT I survived my 8th grade year. I have been called "Buffalo Girl" because I was built like a Buffalo and has the Shoulder to be able to join a Football Team. I didn't like that one bit, then I got the opportunity to Kick the living SH*T Out of them. They know they wouldn't want to fight me, because I'd FLAT THEIR AZZ like a PENNY, because I was Big and Very Solid. I remember some of them would be picking on me and just bothering my (Bat wings) you know have flap under their biceps, they bother that all the times and I would get really mad and just KNOCK them to the ground with just one hit on the back with my hand, I mean I HIT REALLY HARD and would leave a red hand print mark on their back and I find it's HILARIOUS. So lesson was taught is Never Pick on me again. THEY LEARNED IT.

I was never bullied in pre-school, elemetary school and high school, but except for middle school is the only time I was bullied by ignorant brats.

SweetOrchid,

Sorry you had to endure that from (little) boys who should have known better than to pick on someone that wasn't their size (no pun intended). They deserved what they received and hope they learned their lesson.

I heard about a story a few years ago about a girl who had joined the boys wrestling team and no one wanted to wrestle her. She was the same size they were (apparently, they were being "turned on"), but, no way! Well, after awhile, Title 9 (not sure if this was Minnesota, but we have this law here for females receiving same support in sports) kicked in and the boys had no choice.

So, one boy thought he was hotsy totsy. She took him down with no problem (same size, remember?). He was so intimidated that he had been mad at her and quit the team. From my memory, a few months later, he rejoined the team. Then, he got up the nerve and started dating her, although I don't recall who asked whom out first. Last I heard, they're still dating, but not sure if they're on the same team.

It's about time girls start standing up and forcing their hand! I'm glad you dealt with your situation effectively.

I was bullied a few times in school- if it was ever even slightly physical, my parents had taught me not to go to a teacher, but to instantly dial the police. It takes exactly one incident for that person to stop bullying you- and if I ever meet a kid being bullied, I'd tell them to do the same thing.

I completely don't understand the expectation of going to a teacher if someone phsyically harms you in any way- if that SAME person had done it on the street, you'd probably call the police, but because it's at school they deserve a detention? No thanks.

Yeah :roll: what good is detention, though?

Back