built my new pc 3 week ago lol

yea to be honest. i'm sure you did read whole post i'm really noobie.. so i have lots to learn about benchmarks, etc

maybe you can show me how to do it

Yeah hold on I will post pic here in moment.

1. Download Super PI and unzip the file at http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/366/Super_PI_Mod_v1.5.html

2wd37kn.jpg

2. Run Super PI and you should see the screen below.

2i7prir.jpg

3. Click "Calculate (C)" and Select 1M then click ok

30lnvro.jpg

4. Click ok to run the benchmark and it will show your score.

152owm0.jpg

That is all to it.

dg

Do not be double posts 4 time wait patient because you are double posts reason! rule on follow I let know you Great for you patient :D

yeah sorry about that, smithr. i just want to make it right. so i understand now allright i will follow the rule

Good for you I can help you :D I teach you learn it don't worry next time :D Great for you nice to meet :)

now i think about the resolution. i wonder it will be ok for my montior. it's 1024x768..if i buy a 5770? would it run fine and games would be maxxed out?

now i think about the resolution. i wonder it will be ok for my montior. it's 1024x768..if i buy a 5770? would it run fine and games would be maxxed out?

What kind of monitor do you have and size ? 15", 17,19 etc..

For 5770, it's 128 bit and weak for games maxxed but you can look Nvidia 460gtx 1gb with 256bit or ATi 5830 1GB with 256 bit are best either choices at Newegg, All my pc parts come from EGG :)

I have old 260GTX 192 898MB with 448 bit <---really good and no need upgrade for me and maybe wait for 460gtx 2gb or a better one in the future.

just advice, stay away from any 128bit and lower than 1GB like 768MB or 512MB.

The more video memory, the games run smoother but not all games also if you do video editor and graphic stuff, you are looking at 1GB sweet spot.

BTW, I see you put 2 ram stick on both slot 1 and 2 each other correct ? if you have 4 slot, you would need put memory on slot 1 and slot 3 to order to run dual channel will make faster and correct memory divider, your ram is not run full speed i am not sure bec your cpu-z show 1:4 speed, try change to 1:1 or 1:2 in bios setting, I could be wrong but mostly all pc in ram slot order 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 like that and read your gigabyte maunal for more info.

dg

5770 is about equal to 4870, which matches or beats the GTX260 in games with heavy AA.

Don't knock the 5770, GDDR5 memory can pull some crazy bandwidth.

Back