built my new pc 3 week ago lol

here is my cpuid i took it through snipping tool :p

Attachments

• my current cpuid.jpg
    my current cpuid.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 15
um before i oc it to 4.0 ghz my motherboard package say it can oc up to 1866mhz.

umm do you think i can do it with my current gksill 1600 mhz?

AMD c3 965BE OC config & Volts advice - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

first overclock - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

That's just two out of many.

Here's AMD 4Ghz club on EOCF.

AMD 4ghz CPU Club. - EXTREME Overclocking Forums

Post #100, ZorchThatCPU was using a h50 when he ran a 550 unlocked to X4 @ 4Ghz.

You might also want to scour xtremesystems.org for more evidence. Whoever told you H50 sucks for AMD was lying to you.

This is not enough evidence to me since I don't see anyone compare between AMD's stock fan and H50 for temperature.

Review - Corsair Hydro H50 CPU Cooler Review | bit-tech.net

It's a worrying trend that pairing a case without positive pressure or a ready route for air to escape through a mesh means performance suffers massively. After the CPU had been under load for an hour the motherboard around the CPU socket was to hot it wasn't comfortable to touch, while the CPU block was also very hot. Worse still, the air temperature inside the case was in excess of 45C. Relatively this makes it worse than the stock AMD cooler - i.e. clearly very, very poor.

4i0gtv.png

Also, I read other review that AMD's cpu is too big for H50's heatsink bottom. So Intel's cpu is smaller than AMD. If H50's heatsink is large enough for full cover on AMD then that should no problem with high-temp.

So you're going to trust the reviews of one guy that doesnt know how to review products over the words of countless people who have successfully used a H50 on their AMD systems?

Ah hell, never mind then.

Yes, use coretemps, figure out what temps you get. It should not go past 55c under load, preferably with Prime95 or OCCTPT.

here's the temp. i downloaded core temp and my trusty hw montior

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
ok... let you know i dont have lots of experiences in that area so i just want to learn about it mores

anyway.. i want to save up to 800 bucks for new motherboard with am3+ and bulldozer. it look inviting.

Pretty much anything can be used as a dust filter. Home depot has a lot of cheap filters that you can use as dust filters.

EDIT:

that screenie you provided, was that idle temps? Idle temps mean nothing. It's the load temps we're interested in.

Back