built my new pc 3 week ago lol

mainly these security software are just a piece of crap and what's in need for these? What is norton's aim? To protect our computers? yeah right!

I need security software because I always visit unfamiliar and any websites that contain malicious code that I never know, especially some game mods communities are malicious with random odd ads pop-up.

I'm satisfied with MS Security Essentials and it is free.

What OS are you running on? And please throw that norton security out of the window, that is the shittest security software ever. My laptop has none, and is still running fine.

+1 I argeed with you that Norton is really pain in a## .

dg

I need security software because I always visit unfamiliar and any websites that contain malicious code that I never know, especially some game mods communities are malicious with random odd ads pop-up.

I'm satisfied with MS Security Essentials and it is free.

Yep MSE is good and free no worry.

dg

today i did get blue screen of death for first time....i cant figure it out.. look at this. BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Few of my friends/customers complained about BSOD till I got rid of norton security then no more BSOD so far. I found them that Norton Security cause BSOD thru event log.

I agreed.

I used Norton Security 2003 and it SUCKED IN BIG TIME, it did screw my computer up.

Just use MS Security Essentials, but I usually disable it when running the games with trainers or mods.

mainly these security software are just a piece of crap and what's in need for these? What is norton's aim? To protect our computers? yeah right!

Actually Norton AntiVirus 2010 is a much improved software. 2003-version was an utter over-bloated crap. According to Maximum PC - ESET Smart Security is the best but it's not free. For best free antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials is the best.

Actually Norton AntiVirus 2010 is a much improved software. 2003-version was an utter over-bloated crap. According to Maximum PC - ESET Smart Security is the best but it's not free. For best free antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials is the best.

Few of my friend complained about BSOD that time they had Norton 2010.

Yes, many reviews and some people said Norton 2010 is big improved and I still see Norton 2010 cause unstable in real world. Maybe 1GB of RAM was not enough for Norton 2010. Some netbook can't upgrade to 2gb-4gb due RAM soldering. So Microsoft Security Essentials is solve a problem and no problem with 1GB of RAM for Win 7

You plan to purchase ATI 6000 serie GPU? Cool, that is powerful GPU will beat my ATI HIS HD 5870 turbo. here's youtube video that's where i bought it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VnI3ZiqN40&NR=1[/ame]

Most likely because you asked a very broad question, or people who recommended the products to you did not do their research very well. It depends on what category ATI video cards are the best; ATI GPUs are excellent at processing AA and AF, and thus will lose the lease amount of fps to processing AA/AF when compared to a nVidia product, especially at higher resolutions. Exceptions do exist, of course, but it's mainly due to game engine programming or bad drivers.

In other words; do your research before spending money.
I should've make it clarify before. anyway 1998, I was joined with built pc club and was ignorant about hardwares etc.. I followed others suggests. forgive me? :D I am glad to learn faster & research it. but my very close friend suggested me as give a try AMD cpu and Nvidia video cards. then I did step in his path. thanks to my very close friend for recommended.

Like today some deaf people keep to tell me ASUS motherboard is best without their example.. ASUS (intel) motherboard did give me **huge headaches**, due BSOD. again, my very close friend suggested me MSI motherboard. I became a crazy fan of MSI and user for 9 or 10 years!

Because currently AMD doesn't have the most powerful processor on the market. Intel's flagship i7 beats AMD in almost every category. Tell me, if you had money to spend, and compared Intel/AMD processors with each other and found out that Intel processor keeps beating it, which one would you buy? Intel, of course.

AMD sells for lower price because it can't compete in performance, therefore, it has to compete in price. This is why you see Phenom II X6 for ~$250, when Intel's cheapest hexcore (i7 970) sells for $900. Now, if the situation were reversed, you can bet your damn ass that AMD would sell Phenom II X6 for $900 and Intel for $250.
I dont give a sh!t if i7 beat AMD processor which is not powerful. but I am happy with AMD cpu for 9/10 years without any regets. I admit you that I used to have the pervious intel processor, but I never like intel processor at all.. AMD was my dream. till my dream was fulfilled! ;)

CPU (Central Processing Units) and GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) are two completely different systems, meant for completely different tasks. It's like comparing a construction 20-ton truck to a normal car. The only basis they have in common is the fact that both use a engine and four wheels. Same principle applies here.
Dude, Ahh I got it. thank for clarfication..

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Just know that ATI (it's now AMD, cuz they recently discontinued the ATI) makes excellent GPUs.

Also... did you by any chance look at this? ATI has been able to use multi-GPUs since the 3000 series. Thats from 5 years ago up until now.

The PhysX is true, because PhsyX is a nVidia product and they won't license it to AMD. But point is, PhysX is mostly a marketing gimmik and very few AAA games even support it. The only game that comes to mind who actually used PhysX to great effect was Batman: Arkham Asylum. Mirror Edge was another, but it was poorly done.
Hey, Wow I didnt aware that CX support mutli cards before nvidia reintroduce nvidia users the new support Main Muti-cards with any sli cards.. many thanks for link from Wikipedia and makes my knowledge growing and growing as always. I really appreciated it.

Which motherboard? As I said, x58 and x55 all natively support CF/SLI. s775 or AM3/AM2+ don't.
Yeah I should have to make it clarify before.. anyway Retailer was thought that I am ati card user without ask me what kind of video cards I use, then bought it. Yes it was MSI CFX motherboard. Thats why I am careful with retialer who did not ask me if i am nvidia user or ati user before buy the specfied msi mainboad for sli or CFX. :D

Athlon FX is a processor. This was back in Pentium 4 days, when Intel released Pentium 4, but AMD's Athlon processor beat it in every category, despite being a full 1-1.5 ghz slower. Because AMD's Athlon FX was the most powerful CPU at the time, AMD sold it for $1000.
Now i got it... MDA, thank for links. and Deluded, Once again thanks for clarification..

;)

I should have to say 1998, I was joined with built pc club and was ignorant about hardwares etc.. I followed others suggests. forgive me? :D I am glad to learn faster & research it. but my very close friend suggested me as give a try AMD cpu and Nvidia video cards. then I did step in his path. thanks to my very close friend for recommended.

Like today some deaf people keep to tell me ASUS motherboard is best without their example.. ASUS motherboard did give me **huge headaches**, due BSOD. again, my very close friend suggested me MSI motherboard. I became a crazy fan of MSI and user for 9 or 10 years!

I dont give a sh!t if AMD processor is not powerful. but I am happy with AMD cpu for 9/10 years without any regets. I admit you that I used to have the pervious intel processor, but I never like intel processor at all.. AMD was my dream. till my dream was fulfilled! ;)

Dude, Ahh I got it. thank for clarfication..

Hey, Wow I didnt aware that CX support mutli cards before nvidia reintroduce nvidia users the new support Main Muti-cards with any sli cards.. many thanks for link from Wikipedia and makes my knowledge growing and growing as always. I really appreciated it.

Yeah I should have to make clarfy it before.. anyway Retailer was thought that I am ati card user without ask me what kind of video cards I use, then bought it. Yes it was MSI CFX motherboard. Thats why I am careful with retialer who did not ask me if i am nvidia user or ati user before buy the specfied msi mainboad for sli or CFX. :D

Now i got it... MDA, thank for links. and Deluded, Once again thanks for clarification..

;)

In bold, Yike, I think it was due bad BIOS in some ASUS motherboard.

I do heard about some ASUS notebooks have bad BIOS that cause BSOD after playing some games.

I dont understand what someone talked about motherboard or etc.. I have no idea what he says. I always ignore him all times and I always avoid to reply his posts for my whole rest. he always spoke nonsense, hearsay and misinform without his own experiencing examples for gamers... He need to check it YouTube before he speak. Unfortunately he is very concentrate on Tom's Hardware 24/7/365 without his own logic like horses blindfolded keep to focused on what is in front of it .. He don't know what level of entry, midrange, high-ended gaming hardwares which meet their budgets.

the very ancient 500 MHz ATI gpu runs XB360 which related the R500 desktop PC graphics card series. it was actual entry video card. He might thinks that the very ancient 500 MHz ATI gpu is powerful then present GPU like Nvidia 9000 series, 200 series, 400 series. but it doesn't.. then He is not gamer. Oh wait.... How many Campaign games he done with? probably zero! For me, I've completed all 250+ Campaign games (XBX, XB360, PSP, PC) for 9+ years.

Honestly I don't think I shoot foot by myself what I purchased some. I highly recommend some entry hardwares and GPU to them who looking for budgets meet..

ok everyone! highlander recommended this led montior from newegg...and i just got the email from newegg recently for 72hr ..i saw the great deal for asus montior. here's the link.

Newegg.com - ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers or highlander's recommended one? i'm just asking opinion for everyone
JClarke is my truly savior, the one who suggested me Samsung monitor. I did take his words, and happy with sexy Samsung 24inch after purcahsed!

thank to JClarke..

Back