built my new pc 3 week ago lol

i want to put my quote when i post...my quote is if your pc isnt overclocked. that's a crime not to be overclocked...what do you think?

Depends on people do not want their pc overclocked or not.

I remember my first cpu overclocked Celeron 300A to 450mhz that was best memories.

dg

that's true... ooo that's long time i heara bout celeron. i used to have one..it like a 1998 computer.

I just bought the power supply BFG Refurb 1000 Watt PS - 49.99 + 5 shipping today !!! The link at from Hardfourm http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1548877

I was very tempted !!! and I need 1000 watt for that SLI in the future.

BTW, I have PSU BFG 550W now with my pc build, I will give this to my son with my other pc build in the storage.

dg

i want to put my quote when i post...my quote is if your pc isnt overclocked. that's a crime not to be overclocked...what do you think?

Some people want OC for fun, show off, afford CPU with high speed.

OC is not my thing. OC can fry motherboard's chipset, capacitors, and bottom of socket but not happen so often as you know how to do it and use correct parts to keep motherboard to keep cool for OC.

I like buy expensive CPU without OC to low watts that friendly for power bill, less heat, and long life for motherboard than cheap CPU with heavy OC cause short life.

lgacpu_fried.JPG

burnsocketS.jpg

Pohrani.com - Besplatna hramba za va?e slike - img3106.jpg

I see a lot forum complained about fry motherboard due HEAVY OC too long.

Some of them are user error, some of them are bad luck. Remember BIG heatsink or water cooling are for CPU, some GPU, and some chipset only but stil burn out on motherboard that where heatsink can't fit that location.

Some people want OC for fun, show off, afford CPU with high speed.

OC is not my thing. OC can fry motherboard's chipset, capacitors, and bottom of socket but not happen so often as you know how to do it and use correct parts to keep motherboard to keep cool for OC.

I like buy expensive CPU without OC to low watts that friendly for power bill, less heat, and long life for motherboard than cheap CPU with heavy OC cause short life.

lgacpu_fried.JPG

burnsocketS.jpg

Pohrani.com - Besplatna hramba za va?e slike - img3106.jpg

I see a lot forum complained about fry motherboard due HEAVY OC too long.

Some of them are user error, some of them are bad luck. Remember BIG heatsink or water cooling are for CPU, some GPU, and some chipset only but stil burn out on motherboard that where heatsink can't fit that location.

lmfao, that's due to a faulty socket design, not user error. Google foxconn socket, and you'll see why. Apparently for s1156, foxconn designed a socket, but it had one major flaw; run too much current through it, and they fry (like your picture).

The thing is, it happened at stock speed and very mild overclocks. i5 750 and i7 860 -- being quadcores -- drew much more power than i3 and i5 dualcores -- and thus ate through these sockets like nobody's business. The picture you posted is from XS, where one guy was heavily overclocking his i7 860 on LN2, and suddenly his computer died. He narrowed the source down to the foxconn, and publicized the findings. Within a week, many other people were confirming his finding, including people who do not overclock.

I just bought the power supply BFG Refurb 1000 Watt PS - 49.99 + 5 shipping today !!! The link at from Hardfourm http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1548877

I was very tempted !!! and I need 1000 watt for that SLI in the future.

BTW, I have PSU BFG 550W now with my pc build, I will give this to my son with my other pc build in the storage.

dg

That's pretty good deal!!

I am member of hardforum.com too.

lmfao, that's due to a faulty socket design, not user error. Google foxconn socket, and you'll see why. Apparently for s1156, foxconn designed a socket, but it had one major flaw; run too much current through it, and they fry (like your picture).

The thing is, it happened at stock speed and very mild overclocks. i5 750 and i7 860 -- being quadcores -- drew much more power than i3 and i5 dualcores -- and thus ate through these sockets like nobody's business. The picture you posted is from XS, where one guy was heavily overclocking his i7 860 on LN2, and suddenly his computer died. He narrowed the source down to the foxconn, and publicized the findings. Within a week, many other people were confirming his finding, including people who do not overclock.

Damn foxconn's design. Good thing, I never bought a foxconn motherboard before. Just ABIT,ASUS, GIG,DFI, and EVGA. I stayed away from ECS, Biostar, and Intel (mobo, not CPU).

Damn foxconn's design. Good thing, I never bought a foxconn motherboard before. Just ABIT,ASUS, GIG,DFI, and EVGA. I stayed away from ECS, Biostar, and Intel (mobo, not CPU).

That's the problem. Many vendors were using foxconn sockets, including all mobo manufacturers you listed. Once that story got out, EVGA/Gigabyte/biostar switched to Lotus socket (which does NOT have this problem). Abit/Asus? I doubt it. DFI will no longer make enthusiast class motherboard, so they're out. ECS, unlikely.

I can't remember what my native resolution from 19" LCD. I use my macbook right now.

That's right and I never max resolution out for games due my GPU was not powerful enough and hard time to read a tiny chatroom from multiplay.

19" LCD is usually 1440 x 900, same as my MacBook Pro.

That's the problem. Many vendors were using foxconn sockets, including all mobo manufacturers you listed. Once that story got out, EVGA/Gigabyte/biostar switched to Lotus socket (which does NOT have this problem). Abit/Asus? I doubt it. DFI will no longer make enthusiast class motherboard, so they're out. ECS, unlikely.

I wonder what Lotus socket looks like.

DFI used great motherboard for AMD in old time and it dont give me a problem so far.

oh wow. my friend who's a nivida fanboy.. he say ati is for visual. wtf? so what. both gpu can be good for it. and his video card is 295 gtx and i would say 5870 beat it. i have seen benchmarks reviewes and.. he dont care lol

oh wow. my friend who's a nivida fanboy.. he say ati is for visual. wtf? so what. both gpu can be good for it. and his video card is 295 gtx and i would say 5870 beat it. i have seen benchmarks reviewes and.. he dont care lol

Blah. Let them talk.

Back