built my new pc 3 week ago lol

I dont understand what someone talked about motherboard or etc.. I have no idea what he says. I always ignore him all times and I always avoid to reply his posts for my whole rest. he always spoke nonsense, hearsay and misinform without his own experiencing examples for gamers... He need to check it YouTube before he speak. Unfortunately he is very concentrate on Tom's Hardware 24/7/365 without his own logic like horses blindfolded keep to focused on what is in front of it .. He don't know what level of entry, midrange, high-ended gaming hardwares which meet their budgets.

the very ancient 500 MHz ATI gpu runs XB360 which related the R500 desktop PC graphics card series. it was actual entry video card. He might thinks that the very ancient 500 MHz ATI gpu is powerful then present GPU like Nvidia 9000 series, 200 series, 400 series. but it doesn't.. then He is not gamer. Oh wait.... How many Campaign games he done with? probably zero! For me, I've completed all 250+ Campaign games (XBX, XB360, PSP, PC) for 9+ years.

Honestly I don't think I shoot foot by myself what I purchased some. I highly recommend some entry hardwares and GPU to them who looking for budgets meet..

Who are you replying to?

lgacpu_fried.JPG

burnsocketS.jpg
everyone, He took ancient pictures from somewhere else. but I dont buy his story and hold his old traditional at all.. He did not give some specify examples nor reference. He didn't even benefits from OC, WC loop, or SLI on his own experience at all..

tell me why more and more motherboard or CPU or GPU manufactures who allow owners can set new motherboard, CPU, GPU overclock by swtich without modify it.

I dont think many people are complaints about their motherboard ended up fry or burn on.. they knew their risk with OC if they did something wrong with settings OC.. there is very rarely happen with their motherboard ended up like pictures in above. Overclock.net and other OC forums really prefer WATER COOLING LOOOP for main OC than AIR COOLER. WC is best for OC over AIR COOLER.

Intel recently start to sell OC codes and settings for owners Processor, and intel offer them for warranty..

Hey XBGMER, I can't get GTA IV to run and got error message say "SecuROM Launcher has stopped working", I had reinstalled this game but same result.

I'm consider about format the HDD and re-install new OS.

I tested with Mafia 2 and enabled PhysX APEX at medium so I notice clothes start waving as smooth, FPS has up from 10-15 to just 30-35 with GeForce 8800 GT as dedicated physX card.

Fuck to SecuROM. :mad2:
Foxrac, really? you mean you play some (SecuROM) video games via steam or DD ?

Yes you should give a shoot on CRYSIS, you will notice water is more clear as can see something thru crystal ball!

If you got another 9800 GTX for sli enabled configs, plus 8800GT. you will get more fps and performance PhysX.

Hey XBGMER, after re-formatted and installed Windows 7 Professional (got free via MSDNAA) so installed GTA IV and notice that game isn't run then I decided to use xlive.dll to disable all GFWL so this game run so fine.

I got 50 fps on GTA IV benchmark test, upped from 20 fps with single graphic card only.

I believe that your video card - GeForce 250 GTS beats GeForce 9800 GTX by miles.

Thanks so much for help to resolve the issues.
You are more then welcome.. You sometimes helped me out about PC gaming and some stuffs. :cool2:

Foxrac, really? you mean you play some (SecuROM) video games via steam or DD ?

Yes you should give a shoot on CRYSIS, you will notice water is more clear as can see something thru crystal ball!

If you got another 9800 GTX for sli enabled configs, plus 8800GT. you will get more fps and performance PhysX.

No, it was from physical copy (retail version).

Most games on Steam doesn't have SecuROM due Steam has computer friendly DRM but some game companies may add SecuROM as third party DRM.

Reformat and re-install new Windows OS will fix the corrupted SecuROM that cannot uninstall by users.

I notice more game companies are dropping SecuROM and replace with Steam DRM, including 2K, Ubisoft, Eidos, Square-Enix and Activision.

Steam rocks but I'm thinking about move to somewhere that has faster broadband like over 15 mbps down/1 mbps up, not crappy 3 mbps max as only option for DSL.

today i did get blue screen of death for first time....i cant figure it out.. look at this. BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Whoa I hadn't problem with Corsair H50 like this. but i suggest you to get downloading OCCT for stress test before play gaming or use video editing.

Good luck...

No, it was from physical copy (retail version).

Most games on Steam doesn't have SecuROM due Steam has computer friendly DRM but some game companies may add SecuROM as third party DRM.

Reformat and re-install new Windows OS will fix the corrupted SecuROM that cannot uninstall by users.

I notice more game companies are dropping SecuROM and replace with Steam DRM, including 2K, Ubisoft, Eidos, Square-Enix and Activision.

Steam rocks but I'm thinking about move to somewhere that has faster broadband like over 15 mbps down/1 mbps up, not crappy 3 mbps max as only option for DSL.
Foxrac, Now I get it.. I am sorry if I was confused with DRM and SecuROM.. but thank you for clarification.. :D

Yes OFC Steam is awesome! I started to have deal with WASD keyboard if some games aren't available for controller. I use n52te as WASD GAMEPAD instead of keyboard. I really comfort with it.

Foxrac, Now I get it.. I am sorry if I was confused with DRM and SecuROM.. but thank you for clarification.. :D

Yes OFC Steam is awesome! I started to have deal with WASD keyboard if some games aren't available for controller. I use n52te as WASD GAMEPAD instead of keyboard. I really comfort with it.

Oh really, I got used with WASD, it took around 3 months with more practice.

Learn how to use WASD is just like typing lesson so more practice as you will be good with it.

Oh really, I got used with WASD, it took around 3 months with more practice.

Learn how to use WASD is just like typing lesson so more practice as you will be good with it.
Yes, true... but I can't live without n52te.

Logitech G13 and Belkin n52te are most awesome compact WASD gamepads on gaming market.

Yes, true... but I can't live without n52te.

Logitech G13 and Belkin n52te are most awesome compact WASD gamepads on gaming market.

Oh cool, I use Logitech G110 gaming keyboard with LED backlit built-in.

everyone, He took ancient pictures from somewhere else. but I dont buy his story and hold his old traditional at all.. He did not give some specify examples nor reference. He didn't even benefits from OC, WC loop, or SLI on his own experience at all..

tell me why more and more motherboard or CPU or GPU manufactures who allow owners can set new motherboard, CPU, GPU overclock by swtich without modify it.

I dont think many people are complaints about their motherboard ended up fry or burn on.. they knew their risk with OC if they did something wrong with settings OC.. there is very rarely happen with their motherboard ended up like pictures in above. Overclock.net and other OC forums really prefer WATER COOLING LOOOP for main OC than AIR COOLER. WC is best for OC over AIR COOLER.

To whom are you responding to? I've already said that this is from the s1156 foxconn socket fiasco, and these pictures came from this thread specifically.

You say that people risk their components when overclocking. This is true. The difference between your statement and that picture is the fact that the motherboard with the foxconn socket KILLED processors at STOCK speeds, not overclocked. That's the difference.

Even if you heavily overclock, the damages would be limited to that particular component being overclocked, NOT burns or fires or anything. THAT stems from faulty motherboard/socket, NOT the overclocking.

Intel recently start to sell OC codes and settings for owners Processor, and intel offer them for warranty..

Uhm, what? OC codes? Settings? If you're talking about turbo mode, then it's not a setting. You don't "dial" in the OC settings -- it's all auto. It's built in the processor.

To whom are you responding to? I've already said that this is from the s1156 foxconn socket fiasco, and these pictures came from this thread specifically.

You say that people risk their components when overclocking. This is true. The difference between your statement and that picture is the fact that the motherboard with the foxconn socket KILLED processors at STOCK speeds, not overclocked. That's the difference.

Even if you heavily overclock, the damages would be limited to that particular component being overclocked, NOT burns or fires or anything. THAT stems from faulty motherboard/socket, NOT the overclocking.
this I wasnt referred to you, but his post #305. get it?

Uhm, what? OC codes? Settings? If you're talking about turbo mode, then it's not a setting. You don't "dial" in the OC settings -- it's all auto. It's built in the processor.
Wow No I am not talk about turbo mode or other. I am actually avoid this misinform. So, You didn't know the intel just announced that they selling OC codes and settings for processor in few months ago? Why would i give misinformations? thats what the true words I've heard & learned from top high profile bloggers who informative about it, last month or two months ago.. Intel is currently support OC for their processors. I believe intel providing OC codes to intel owners for setting OC limits. avoid to damage a processor & motherboard. I guaranty will find link & source from it asap.

Wow No I am not talk about turbo mode or other. I am actually avoid this misinform. So, You didn't know the intel just announced that they selling OC codes and settings for processor in few months ago? Why would i give misinformations? thats what the true words I've heard & learned from top high profile bloggers who informative about it, last month or two months ago.. Intel is currently support OC for their processors. I believe intel providing OC codes to intel owners for setting OC limits. avoid to damage a processor & motherboard. I guaranty will find link & source from it asap.

If you are talking about the K-series processors -- then yes, they offer "overclockable" processors, but by the same token, they will only cover the warranty for those processors at stock speed, not overclocked. They will not guarantee if that i5-665k can hit 4.5Ghz.

Read it in the license agreement. It's also in the warranty agreement. AMD also has this in their license/warranty too. You can buy their Black Edition processors, but they only cover for manufacturing defect at stock speed, NOT overclocked.

And I haven't heard of ANY intel/AMD thing telling you how to overclock your unlocked processor. In fact, they actively discourage it. AMD does has this AMD OverDrive feature, but you'll notice that if you want to use it, you have to accept a lengthy license agreement which essentially says that if you overclock, you will invalidate your warranty.

Ahhh I recently finding the links for deluded

If you are talking about the K-series processors -- then yes, they offer "overclockable" processors, but by the same token, they will only cover the warranty for those processors at stock speed, not overclocked. They will not guarantee if that i5-665k can hit 4.5Ghz.
MMMM, You lecture me about this? but I already know about warranty & license agreements. but thank for remind me.. ;)

the K-series processor? I do actually famailar with it, but not sure. So, is it ancient processor?

Read it in the license agreement. It's also in the warranty agreement. AMD also has this in their license/warranty too. You can buy their Black Edition processors, but they only cover for manufacturing defect at stock speed, NOT overclocked.
MMMM.. Yes I knew about AM2/ 3 BE which is capable for OC. from what I learned from OC gangs of PC forums before you post this. They always encourage me to OC, they knew that I am AM2/3 BE user.

And I haven't heard of ANY intel/AMD thing telling you how to overclock your unlocked processor. In fact, they actively discourage it. AMD does has this AMD OverDrive feature, but you'll notice that if you want to use it, you have to accept a lengthy license agreement which essentially says that if you overclock, you will invalidate your warranty.
There are only 2 main player in the CPU industry, Intel and AMD. While Intel is well know of their line of hardware locked CPU, AMD is more friendly to overclockers.

But Intel open to selling $50 codes to unlock their CPU. Ahh Now I found the link here.
9-18-10-intel600.jpg

MMMM, You lecture me about this? but I already know about warranty & license agreements. but thank for remind me.. ;)

the K-series processor? I do actually famailar with it, but not sure. So, is it ancient processor?

Ancient? No, it's a new series. You know how Intel typically offers locked processors and unlocked processors at some exorbitant prices -- you know them as Extreme Edition processors. i7-980x is a EE processor, meaning it's multi-unlocked, but it also goes for $1000. It's excellent for overclocking, not so excellent for wallet.

The K series was Intel's attempt at creating a reasonably affordable unlocked processors, like how AMD does it for their BE processors. i5-665K and i7-875K are completely unlocked, and retail between $200 and $400.

There are only 2 main player in the CPU industry, Intel and AMD. While Intel is well know of their line of hardware locked CPU, AMD is more friendly to overclockers.

Intel is trying to create overclock friendly processors -- the K-series. See above.

But Intel open to selling $50 codes to unlock their CPU. Ahh Now I found the link here.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/9-18-10-intel600.jpg[/*IMG][/quote]

Yeah, that. It's not a overclocking thing. It's down-binning -- neuter a fully functioning i3-530 to a single core with no HT (example), and then offer cards like that for $50 for those who want to unlock their processor to a fully functional i3-530.

Great from a business viewpoint, not so great in practical sense. DRM heavy games are routinely cracked on day 1, so I don't see how this would work. We shall see.

MMMM.. Yes I knew about AM2/ 3 BE which is capable for OC. from what I learned from OC gangs of PC forums before you post this. They always encourage me to OC, they knew that I am AM2/3 BE user.

9-18-10-intel600.jpg

In bold, I think that Intel makes a bad move to sell code to unlock the full processor. :roll:

It seems not happen to mid to high end CPU lines.

Back