BREAKING! NYPD clearing OWS in surprise raid!

Unfortunately I wasn't, and the subways were all shut down, and as you know, even our councilman was beaten up..I doubt a teenager could do much, :/ It would have been nice to save some of their property and 4,500 books and laptops that were all destroyed.

As for homeless people, I know for a FACT, that there are a number of homeless people there, I have their names and know them. Some of them are dressed poorly, many wear casual clothes, have education and not much different from you and I. The homeless shelters are crowded and dangerous as is, and many are facing cuts right now, such irony.
Awww too bad. I'm kinda jealous of my friend....she'll be able to tell her grandkids a heck of a story! And yes, there are homeless people but not chroniclly homeless (meaning substance abusers or very crazy people)

Awww too bad. I'm kinda jealous of my friend....she'll be able to tell her grandkids a heck of a story! And yes, there are homeless people but not chroniclly homeless (meaning substance abusers or very crazy people)

go out now and get arrested :)

for homeless people? nope. if they did, they hid it very well.

but then... this is a city of 8+ million people. we don't pay attention to each person we pass by. everybody looks like a weirdo, slutty, fobby, snubby, bum, etc. but it does make you stand out if you dress or look differently in a certain area.

for example - you don't really see a bum on Park Ave because you'll get shooed away by cops. and you don't really see a child with bookbag strolling around himself in Wall Street because it's not exactly an area for children to be in.

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. It is entirely possible that one of those Armani suited wall street employees could be broke and homeless. Ever see In Pursuit of Happiness?

That's true. There are quite a few Americans sleeping in their cars and using public facilities to clean up and look for work in their best clothes. You never know.

Credit crunch forcing US middle classes to live in their cars | World news | The Guardian

Families with children are growing rapidly in the homeless ranks. People get caught in the cycle of, "Go get a job!" But will only get hired if they look like they don't need a job. Try putting "homeless" in the address section on your resume or on an application. See how fast that one goes in the trashcan. Try registering a kid for their district school based on where you park your car everynight.

go out now and get arrested :)

But it wouldn't be the same as getting arrested at the eviction.....I mean saying you were there, would be like saying you were at the barricade in Les Misrables!

But it wouldn't be the same as getting arrested at the eviction.....I mean saying you were there, would be like saying you were at the barricade in Les Misrables!

plenty of other OWS locations.

Back