BREAKING! NYPD clearing OWS in surprise raid!

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Ill bet you the occupy protests will go away soon. It will be too cold to be outside. No protests lasts forever.

Either that or people will start getting sick or start dying, get frostbites, etc...then that's the end of it from the mouths of mayors.

Either that or people will start getting sick or start dying, get frostbites, etc...then that's the end of it from the mouths of mayors.

Goodness, you have such a low opinion of people's hardiness, don't you? :lol:

aw... you're cute. an armchair OWS protester from your warm house. :aw:

oh dear.... oh dear.... I pray that they don't occupy this square in front of my work.... this pix was taken this morning by my colleague. right now - they're not there but I hope they don't occupy it.

383312_797244194548_46707751_36999301_456114547_n.jpg

um...... perhaps you might want to go down there yourself and see it for yourself with your own eyes.

The question is - do you really believe they were exercising their rights to protest peacefully? if so - then why did her sister has to chain herself to something? why did police get rough on them and arrest people?

I know how it works and what should work. I've seen protests all the time for decades. Heck I live next to it! I can tell you that NYPD does not arrest people who are lawfully protesting peacefully and are complying with NYPD and city ordinances.

I'm not a fan of civil disobedience like this and it should be strongly discouraged because we're at the stage where things can be resolved in a civilized way at courts, podiums, internet, and tv. if they have no patience to change our corrupted system in a civilized manner, then we have no patience to listen to their complaint either.

now this is how I view them as -
shutterstock_45100273-e1299669881294.jpg

Um I was watching it on the livestream....I've also gotten reports back from both "Mom"/Nancy and real family (as well as numerous numbers of friends who live in NYC) that the protest was completely and utterly peaceful. My girls were actually working very hard to keep down violence and drugs and stuff......The livestream said that they kicked the protestors out only letting them take a handful of stuff. Sophie and the other protestors who were actively protesting were defending the eviction from the park! They were peacefully assemebling. Bloomberg etc were basicly bullshitting and coming up with the dumbassed excuses ever. I know parents who took their kids to the parents sleepover at OWS!

Um I was watching it on the livestream....I've also gotten reports back from both "Mom"/Nancy and real family (as well as numerous numbers of friends who live in NYC) that the protest was completely and utterly peaceful. My girls were actually working very hard to keep down violence and drugs and stuff......The livestream said that they kicked the protestors out only letting them take a handful of stuff. Sophie and the other protestors who were actively protesting were defending the eviction from the park! They were peacefully assemebling. Bloomberg etc were basicly bullshitting and coming up with the dumbassed excuses ever. I know parents who took their kids to the parents sleepover at OWS!

ok..............................

again - they were given advanced notice to clear the property. but no... they chose to stay and disobey. what happened afterward is of no concern to me. they had it coming. baton beating. water hosed. pepper sprayed. shoved. tazed. arrested. that is the consequence they knew it would happen if they chose to disobey lawful order.

did they think they're entitled to live in Zuccotti Park for free?

ok..............................

again - they were given advanced notice to clear the property. but no... they chose to stay and disobey. what happened afterward is of no concern to me. they had it coming. baton beating. water hosed. pepper sprayed. shoved. tazed. arrested. that is the consequence they knew it would happen if they chose to disobey lawful order.

did they think they're entitled to live in Zuccotti Park for free?

Sigh....No they weren't. The first anyone had heard was when they started distrubating the eviction notices at 1 am.

Oh, and I'm hoping my second Mom may be by presently to explain. I sent her a link.

Back