BREAKING! NYPD clearing OWS in surprise raid!

That is not true at all. That said, there are two separate camps when it comes to Zucotti Park. Some of them were homeless well before OWS, however most are people who traveled in from California, Spain, Tibet and other places who are now living in various Churches and or participating in the OWS hotline network which connectes people to different homes to sleep in.

I personally do not think their constitutional right was revoked, because they are still able to protest. What I did NOT like, was the paramilitary treatment of the Police. Our 24/7 subway systems were shut down, and people were prevented from coming within 2 blocks of the Park. Not everyone was in the park at the time, so not everyone was able to pick up their stuff. Councilman Rodriguez was beaten up, and locked up in a Police van by himself. ALL the computer equipment from the Park was smashed and broken beyond repair.

Where were the protestors expected to go at 3 AM in the morning with their stuff?

I wasn't happy with the eviction, but I think it was fair, albeit the way it was handled was barbaric.

Were you there when they evicted the park? Dude, I was online when occupy boston posted that there was an eviction, and I was having a heart attack for my girls.......Sophie was there, and she'd chained herself to something in the park. Still can't even begin to understand what Mama Nan was going through that night!

Again, how do you know that the person sitting on the bench eating their lunch across from you is not homeless?

lol it's pretty easy to tell. I doubt homeless people there would be wearing those sharp suits, shiny shoes, and clean haircut.

Were you there when they evicted the park? Dude, I was online when occupy boston posted that there was an eviction, and I was having a heart attack for my girls.......Sophie was there, and she'd chained herself to something in the park. Still can't even begin to understand what Mama Nan was going through that night!

Unfortunately I wasn't, and the subways were all shut down, and as you know, even our councilman was beaten up..I doubt a teenager could do much, :/ It would have been nice to save some of their property and 4,500 books and laptops that were all destroyed.

As for homeless people, I know for a FACT, that there are a number of homeless people there, I have their names and know them. Some of them are dressed poorly, many wear casual clothes, have education and not much different from you and I. The homeless shelters are crowded and dangerous as is, and many are facing cuts right now, such irony.

The face of homelessness doesn't have a single profile. The mom walking down the street pusing a stroller with a toddler in it, the guy in the suit going to work, the teenager with a backpack looking like any other student...all can be homeless. You would be surprised, if you look into the demographics of actual homelessness what you will find. The stereotype of the down and out wino in dirty clothes talking to himself and panhandling on the street is not what the vast majority of homeless people present. It is just easy to rely on that stereotype because it increases the difference between that person and ourselves and leads us to have the false sense of security that we could never end up homeless. Most Americans are one paycheck away from being homeless. Never, ever make the mistake of believing that the person that looks just like you could not be homeless.

The face of homelessness doesn't have a single profile. The mom walking down the street pusing a stroller with a toddler in it, the guy in the suit going to work, the teenager with a backpack looking like any other student...all can be homeless. You would be surprised, if you look into the demographics of actual homelessness what you will find. The stereotype of the down and out wino in dirty clothes talking to himself and panhandling on the street is not what the vast majority of homeless people present. It is just easy to rely on that stereotype because it increases the difference between that person and ourselves and leads us to have the false sense of security that we could never end up homeless. Most Americans are one paycheck away from being homeless. Never, ever make the mistake of believing that the person that looks just like you could not be homeless.

OY! That's true. I lived one paycheck away from being homeless for about 2 years. This ended 2 month ago when I moved in with my gf. I am now saving money so I never experience that again. My divorce sent me on a financial tail spin and I did spend two days in hotels when I had no place to sleep. It was not an easy time.

OY! That's true. I lived one paycheck away from being homeless for about 2 years. This ended 2 month ago when I moved in with my gf. I am now saving money so I never experience that again. My divorce sent me on a financial tail spin and I did spend two days in hotels when I had no place to sleep. It was not an easy time.

It can happen to any of us in the blink of an eye. We all need to remember that.

oh I'm aware of that. I don't see anyone fitting your description. Like I said previously, it's possibly because they scurry away during daytime and come back at evening.

oh I'm aware of that. I don't see anyone fitting your description. Like I said previously, it's possibly because they scurry away during daytime and come back at evening.

You don't see anyone who could be described as just your average citizen on their way to work, school, or shopping?

You don't see anyone who could be described as just your average citizen on their way to work, school, or shopping?

for homeless people? nope. if they did, they hid it very well.

but then... this is a city of 8+ million people. we don't pay attention to each person we pass by. everybody looks like a weirdo, slutty, fobby, snubby, bum, etc. but it does make you stand out if you dress or look differently in a certain area.

for example - you don't really see a bum on Park Ave because you'll get shooed away by cops. and you don't really see a child with bookbag strolling around himself in Wall Street because it's not exactly an area for children to be in.

Back