Banned Cochlear Implants?

Did you people even read my post about the 2 year old? that kid is profoundly deaf since birth was implanted at 12 months and is advancing at a normal or advanced hearing kid level.

your excuses for why a CI wont work just isnt true anymore.

all of you need to learn about the absolute latest technology and something called HiRes software thats available right now for certain CI users with the current implanties.

for those who receive no benefit (cant hear speach from HA) an implant is the only option thats a possibility.

and it works.

Okay, where is that damn remote??

:aims remote at Cain and stabbed the power button:

Did you people even read my post about the 2 year old? that kid is profoundly deaf since birth was implanted at 12 months and is advancing at a normal or advanced hearing kid level.
And? There've always been profoundly deaf people who have suceeded orally. Even before hearing aids or ear trumpets (AG Bell anyone?) That doesn't mean that ALL implantees will be so advanced. Hell....I didn't get aided until I was three (I'm almost clinically deaf with a moderately severe loss) but I have ZERO problems with the English language! Matter of fact I got 660 on the Verbal part of the SATs! Also the last time I got evaled for my last IEP,(you know when they conduct all those tests) I got words on the vocab part of the test that NO ONE else had EVER gotten! (and my counselor had been at the school for about twenty years!)
Most kids with implants do semi-decently but far far too many of them don't have complete mastery of English. There are some kids who do really well, but many of them either also use Cued Speech (the only real 100% gurantee way to gurantee fluency in English for a deaf and hoh kid) or they have high powered yuppie parents, who shop at Zany Brainy for the perfect toy to raise SAT scores by 20 points! (you know the type of parent who overprograms their kids with enrichment activties)
There are some high powered oral sucesses...BIG DEAL! There are ALSO ASL and Bilingal sucesses....Ben Bahan, Marlee Matlin, the deaf basketball player for the WNBA, Christy Smith (Survivor)
Sue Thomas, FB Eye, and MANY others!

Originally posted by Cain Marko

your excuses for why a CI wont work just isnt true anymore.

all of you need to learn about the absolute latest technology and something called HiRes software thats available right now for certain CI users with the current implanties.

for those who receive no benefit (cant hear speach from HA) an implant is the only option thats a possibility.

and it works.

Advances in technology are no excuse for you to judge Deaf ppl for not wanting CIs. You can't push this up on all of us, and expect us to just swallow it. What may work for some will not work for others. Period. Stop judging ppl and start listening!

Originally posted by kuifje75
Advances in technology are no excuse for you to judge Deaf ppl for not wanting CIs. You can't push this up on all of us, and expect us to just swallow it. What may work for some will not work for others. Period. Stop judging ppl and start listening!

Listen to this...

The only thing you swallow is dick.

I aint pushing anything on anyone you dumbF. But I am not going to be a typical ignorant deaf person who cant look beyond their 3 block radius to see how other people are succeeding with their difficulties.

The name of this thread is BAN CI....you dumbF, I aint pushing anything, I am defending other peoples choices to do whatever they want.

Even if its something traditional deaf culture doesnt support.

Welcome to my world.

Look who is talking. Still judging.
I am very aware of all different ppl, and I accept who they are. I NEVER SAID THAT I BAN CIs. Wash your eyes and STOP JUDGING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Look who is talking. Still judging.
I am very aware of all different ppl, and I accept who they are. I NEVER SAID THAT I BAN CIs. Wash your eyes and STOP JUDGING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

What are you fucking talkin about? Judging what?

I judge you to be a dumbass.

What are you fucking talkin about? Judging what?

I judge you to be a dumbass.

:mad2:

Damn it!!! Why can't this remote work at all and turn off the CMDA station??

:bangs the remote on the table:

PS - CMDA means Cain Marko is a Dumb Ass! It takes one to know one and recognize another!

Listen to this...

The only thing you swallow is dick.

I aint pushing anything on anyone you dumbF. But I am not going to be a typical ignorant deaf person who cant look beyond their 3 block radius to see how other people are succeeding with their difficulties.

The name of this thread is BAN CI....you dumbF, I aint pushing anything, I am defending other peoples choices to do whatever they want.

Even if its something traditional deaf culture doesnt support.

Welcome to my world.

Cain Marko, it's a sad day in the world when I see you type those hateful words "the only thing you swallow is dick." Is there anything more intelligent you can type than that? You're going off-topic about this CI thread and resorting to insults about someone's sexual orientation simply because you cannot accept the fact that not everyone agrees with your philosophy about CIs. You have to realize that life is about choices. CIs is a choice like sexual orientation is a choice. We choose what we want, you cannot impose your philosphy upon us and/or enforce it. You've already downgraded yourself to infantile cursing which is sad. A real mature Deaf adult doesn't downgrade him/herself to be an insulting and racist role model. This is my two cents' worth. I don't know you but I sure know kuifje and he sure is a great guy!

Originally posted by deafdyke
Sexual oreinatation is NOT a choice!

I believe, for some people, they are born with it and some others chose that lifestyle.

Ha ha ha, going off topic here, aren't we?
I have already said it in the past, and will repeat...
I believe that gay has something to do with chemicals in the body and all, or pyschological aspects to it that happened very early in life. The only choice to make is whether to accept and embrace this sexual preference or to live life in denial and be unhappy.

Anyway, back to topic! :slaphead:

Am a non CI... I used to be a Hearie... I have doubts over the CI workability in this day and age as compared to the first time it came out.... maybe in a few years this research will be published or suppressed...

I believe, for some people, they are born with it and some others chose that lifestyle.
Sorry for going OT but MOST people do NOT choose to be GLB.
There is a tiny minority that chooses to be GLB but most of those morons are what I like to call, the Kinkys....they don't identify as GLB b/c they really love someone of the same sex, but b/c they are so damn fascinated by the kinky factor!(Gosh-a-rootie! Having sex with a person of the same sex is so kinky) They however (thank GOD) are of the minority in the GLB community and tend to be really into nasty gross stuff like golden showers, erotic defecatation, S&M and all that gross stuff that's only popular b/c it's KINKY!!! (read non "vanilla" sex)

Originally posted by thanikeprincess
umm i would like to know what their questions was.. maybe those deafies r passive they dont wanna people who paid for their CI for nothing and lied saying yes? umm? are those people on the oath huh? maybe that is not nesscary but still u know? people can lie to surveys. or maybe some people still use CI for like work or whatever and after that in their free time, will they use it? PLUS.. most younger children gets implated can they TALK? their parents prolly ans the questions or being with them during their survey. how can u think the little kids feel the pressure from parents being with the kid? so THINK twice..

we still can BAN IT!

Oh for god's sake...you're so threatened by these statistics you're going to attack the integrity of the questions? That's pretty pathetic and only exposes the ignorance behind such statements. Deafies will attack ANY statement or scientific study that shows any benifit with the CI whatsoever. I'm sorry, but the statistic of the study are not arguable. It was not questions that were asked- they were based on medical reports. A survey of MEDICAL REPORTS. It's not like they walked around the street asking people about CI use.

So, please don't even try to come up with lame excuses as to why a research study is wrong.

Originally posted by radiohead
Oh for god's sake...you're so threatened by these statistics you're going to attack the integrity of the questions? That's pretty pathetic and only exposes the ignorance behind such statements. Deafies will attack ANY statement or scientific study that shows any benifit with the CI whatsoever. I'm sorry, but the statistic of the study are not arguable. It was not questions that were asked- they were based on medical reports. A survey of MEDICAL REPORTS. It's not like they walked around the street asking people about CI use.

So, please don't even try to come up with lame excuses as to why a research study is wrong.

I don't care about scientific facts about CIs. If it works for you -
>> Congratulations!!! <<
I am SO happy for you that I could just PEE my pants! Wheee!!

/me starts to build a firewall around this thread.

Protecting the rest of the forums from flames. Excuse me while I am busy. :D

It shouldn't be banned, but it should be up to those who can make an decision on whether to have it or not, not their parents.

Originally posted by Deaf258
I don't care about scientific facts about CIs. If it works for you -
>> Congratulations!!! <<
I am SO happy for you that I could just PEE my pants! Wheee!!

(Deaf258) :( :whip: :ugh: (Kuifje75)

Behave yourself, Deaf258 :laugh2:

Radiohead is right, some deafies DO find excuses to reject scientific researches, but Radiohead, you need to understand that thankiprincess does have some valid points. When a child is growing up, the child do not want to disappoint his parents. So the child does everything he would do to make his parents happy, even if he is not happy with the results. I know, because I have worn hearing aids much to my parents' delight, only until high school when I told them that I hated hearing aids and gave me headache all the time. So they finally let it go. Some people have too much pride, they dont want to admit that they are unhappy with something or made mistakes.

I watched "At first sight". It is same to me. The blind man who can see did not like it all when he could see so he got mad and sat in a room with all lights off and he listens to everything else. More relaxing for him.

It is same for me. Being in public school during lunch time. Very loud so I turn off my CI. Sometimes it is fine if I am sitting in class where only the teacher is talking. All I hear is teacher voice. But my responsiblity of keeping on wearing CI, cannot go swimming, cannot play football, baseball, and track with it. Too much hassle. Right now, I am used to deaf way. If I need to talk to a hearing person, I can do with speech and read lips. Where does CI help me? nothing.

Back