AZ Congresswoman...12 others, shot

it was said that she is able to communicate but yea - brain swelling and clotting remain an issue. It can happen at anytime.

hope she gets out of it.

Yeah.. but unfortunately, she can't speak except squeezing the dr's hand. I pray it will NOT happen.

Me, too, I hope she gets out of it like Bob Woodruff, the American TV journalist.

Yeah.. but unfortunately, she can't speak except squeezing the dr's hand. I pray it will NOT happen.

Me, too, I hope she gets out of it like Bob Woodruff, the American TV journalist.

ah... I wasn't aware of that.

assessing one's mental health as part of eligibility to own a gun is unconstitutional and just plain damn illegal - plus greatly flawed. NJ's law to require gun owner to obtain a firearm purchase ID is unconstitutional too. Such gun registry system is illegal - a first warning sign prior to fascism.

Can't wait for Supreme Court to strike it down as unconstitutional. NJ's day is numbered.

I can never understand this mental health background check. As Jillio said in other thread - one's mental health situation can change at anytime.

First of all - there will always be psycho wherever you go. No law can protect you from getting brutally murdered by psycho. How are you supposed to protect yourself from a psychopathic killer if the law doesn't prevent a psycho from having a weapon illegally?

Please enable a law-abiding citizen to protect oneself by any means against any psychopathic killer.

In Massachusetts that is one of the question you're ask to answer on
a gun application, if you been treated for mental health . You're ask if you
been in hospital for this and if you were how long.

Under HIPAA law - the hospital still cannot report to police about one's unstable mental health unless one expressively wanted to cause harm to oneself and/or to others.

When applying for gun permit, you have to sign a medical consent form to allow LEO to run a mental background check on you. Without consent, it is illegal for hospital to release any medical document on you to anyone else. That would be a serious breach of HIPAA law.

IMO - it is still unconstitutional and illegal on federal level to decide on citizen's eligibility to own a gun based on mental health. In fact - I believe ALL American citizens except convicts should be allowed with unfettered access to own a gun - ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Sure there are some people who should NOT own a gun because they're not right in the head but so what? Look at drivers. Bad drivers kill more people than bad shooters. Hell... more politicians killed people by car than gun :roll:
I disgree , if someone is know to be insane and can't tell right from wrong they should not be allowed to have gun! And kids should not allowed to own kids!

I disgree , if someone is know to be insane and can't tell right from wrong they should not be allowed to have gun! And kids should not allowed to own kids!

at what legal definition is considered "insane"?

I am pretty sure that we really don't need the gun control laws because we still need it to protect our home against intruders. But, one law is good idea to verify the record before anyone buy a gun.

The only thing that I do not understand how he got the approval to buy his gun from a gun store. I wonder that could be a sloppy job at the record department.

Probably, a gun dealer had too many paperwork that got mixed up with too many customers lining up to purchase a gun.

he got his gun from Walmart, you have to wonder who sold the gun to him.
Walmart does not care who they hire , they got busted for hiring illgeal immirgrations.

Known to be insane by whom? It has to be documented.

Background checks search for files. They don't go door-to-door questioning your neighbors, classmates, and family.

Walmart does not care who they hire , they got busted for hiring illgeal immirgrations.
Loughner didn't get his gun from Walmart. He bought ammo there.

I know for sure that any business establishment that sells guns/ammo does not definitely hire an illegal immigrant or a person with questionable history for gun dealer job because it's required by law that a gun dealer is federally licensed (FFL) to sell gun/ammo. It's strictly monitored by ATF.

and also - notice in the article that the first time he went to Walmart, they refused to sell him ammunitions so Laughner went to another Walmart where he was able to buy ammo - meaning perhaps he learned how to behaved good enough for them to sell it to him.

...and also - notice in the article that the first time he went to Walmart, they refused to sell him ammunitions so Laughner went to another Walmart where he was able to buy ammo - meaning perhaps he learned how to behaved good enough for them to sell it to him.
Yes, that's how it appears.

Known to be insane by whom? It has to be documented.

Background checks search for files. They don't go door-to-door questioning your neighbors, classmates, and family.

in this state - the State Police mails out the questionnaire forms to 2 people I listed in the form for reference purpose and also it asked if I am a "loose screw" or not. :roll:

Shooting rampage suspect set to make first court appearance
Shooting rampage suspect set to make first court appearance - CNN.com

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords "Holding Her Own"
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords "Holding Her Own" - CBS News

suspect would faces life sentence without parole for using gun nearly killed congresswoman and Judge who died on shooting..And also shooting people plus kids 6 dies and 14 wounded..

suspect told friend say plans to shooting congresswoman and others that crazy idea.."my assassination" and "Giffords"

Last edited by a moderator:
in this state - the State Police mails out the questionnaire forms to 2 people I listed in the form for reference purpose and also it asked if I am a "loose screw" or not. :roll:

LMAO. Not laughing at your post, but the "loose screw" part. I would love to see that literally written on a form.

Since the applicant chooses the references, I doubt anyone would put down the names of people who would give a negative report.

It's a good thing you didn't put down my name for a reference. :lol: j/k

I felt bad for 9 years old girl! :(
I know. She was just starting out in life and had so much promise to fulfill. I can't imagine how her family feels. Also, I feel sorry for the friend who invited her to the event. She meant for it to be a positive exciting experience for the little girl, and instead it turned into the worst nightmare.

Such deep grief is hard to imagine. :(

I know. She was just starting out in life and had so much promise to fulfill. I can't imagine how her family feels. Also, I feel sorry for the friend who invited her to the event. She meant for it to be a positive exciting experience for the little girl, and instead it turned into the worst nightmare.

Such deep grief is hard to imagine. :(

also she was born on 9/11/01

also she was born on 9/11/01
I know. The irony is incredible.

Right now, the only positive outcome I can hope for is that her story will inspire others to do important things with their lives. That could be her legacy.

Since the applicant chooses the references, I doubt anyone would put down the names of people who would give a negative report.

It's a good thing you didn't put down my name for a reference. :lol: j/k

which defeated the purpose of background check via reference that applicant chose.

I wonder if there's anything in this state that makes sense :roll:

Back