AZ Congresswoman...12 others, shot

which defeated the purpose of background check via reference that applicant chose.

I wonder if there's anything in this state that makes sense :roll:
No comment.

Last edited:
You'd think maybe if the political environment were that bad in AZ, there'd be a tightening of screening for "suitable" applicants.

Loughner was socially and emotionally not getting it, but had at least some comprehensive of reasoning even if wasn't of a normal pattern. He knows being a terrorist is a "bad" thing and believes that "grammar" by "illegals" is not properly used (and doesn't understand that miscommunication, no matter the language -hence "perfect English"- will always lead to some form of escalation in aggression) and thinks he is superior for it. He doesn't know what "terrorist" actually is but is unwilling to accept any other interpretation and somehow thinks that violence + political target is not terrorism and somehow approved by the constitution.

Parents should've done more I think.

And less bipartisan politics ... Softening of aggressive language and $$$$$$.

I'm taking a shot in the dark here... What I mean is I'd rather see more people actually involved in politics instead of donating money so that strategists(or whatever pure political positions there are) can't make a living off of that. Personally, I don't think there's all that much honor doing that type of work and being paid like that. Volunteering is different.

Last edited:
In Massachusetts that is one of the question you're ask to answer on
a gun application, if you been treated for mental health . You're ask if you
been in hospital for this and if you were how long.

:laugh2: Yeah that will stop them

Had a look at his YouTube stuff... Wow! Sounds like something out of the Matrix. He took the wrong pill...

What an attention-hound church. My gosh, I hope that they are held WELL back from the funerals. It's (the protest info) is even on CNN right now.

yeah, AlleyCat :shock:wow, I went to the link in Royale's post because I didn't get it - Baptist Church protest - why? So it's because of anti-Catholicism?
geez.....very sad, so much separation and fear.

it's too easy to get into gun debate and to say that it should be regulated more or less simply because people were killed by a gun. Let us look back to step one to see how it transpired to this tragic event.

Shooting rampage suspect scheduled to make first court appearance - CNN.com

so the teacher was not surprised about this and he knew beforehand that this guy was a very disturbed individual and he feared that Laughner could bring gun to school...

sounds familiar? clues - Seung-Hui Cho. Stephen Kazmierczak.

All above has a history of mental illness and all above were in college where they were aware of their mental status. However - the college is bounded by FERPA Act (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act). Without student's consent, the college is not allowed to divulge information about student's educational background and/or behavior.

Due to 9/11, the Patriot Acts was created. It is considered the most serious and dangerous act which is in direct conflict with the Constitution. Anyone on American soil on the charge of terrorism or suspicion of terrorism can be arrested without warrant and interrogated without lawyer and detained indefinitely at undisclosed location of their choosing. In other word - no one will ever know what happened to you.

So back on the subject - how far should we go to erode more of our privacy rights and Constitutional rights for the sake of public safety despite of the fact that such incident is rare? Should we immediately arrest and lock up people at mental ward if they exhibited disturbing behaviors?

I heard on the news the guy tried to buy ammunition at one Walt Mart and the saleperson refused to sell any ammunitons to the guy because of the way he acted. It was too bad that saleperson did not called he cops when the guy was in the store or tell his boss know about the guy as he was able to go to another Walt Mart and buy the ammunitions. I give the guy credit
for not selling ammunition s to the gun man, I just wish he made a call too.

I heard on the news the guy tried to buy ammunition at one Walt Mart and the saleperson refused to sell any ammunitons to the guy because of the way he acted. It was too bad that saleperson did not called he cops when the guy was in the store or tell his boss know about the guy as he was able to go to another Walt Mart and buy the ammunitions. I give the guy credit
for not selling ammunition s to the gun man, I just wish he made a call too.

call a cop on him? what for?

should all stores call a cop on customer for acting like a rambling weirdo?

Back