AZ Congresswoman...12 others, shot

call a cop on him? what for?

should all stores call a cop on customer for acting like a rambling weirdo?

people are being ask to let the cops know if they see any person acting suspicious because of what happen on 9 11 This guy was acting very suspicious and crazy and wanted to buy gun ammo. This guy has raise a red flag everywhere he when , and he did this at Walt Mart . I am sure the cops would had been very concerned about a crazy man buying gun ammo!

people are being ask to let the cops know if they see any person acting suspicious because of what happen on 9 11 This guy was acting very suspicious and crazy and wanted to buy gun ammo. This guy has raise a red flag everywhere he when , and he did this at Walt Mart . I am sure the cops would had been very concerned about a crazy man buying gun ammo!

I guess we'll just revert back to Red Scare.

That sure would had stop the guy, it really hard to buy a gun in my state if you buy it legally . Unfortunately people do buy gun illegally here too.

It's easy for criminals to get a gun illegaly.
It's hard for citizens to get a gun legally.

What's your idea? more gun restrictions?

I just read this comment from site.

Overheard on CNN.com: National tragedy in Arizona - CNN iReport Blog
Some readers were surprised that, considering Arizona’s lenient gun laws that the gunman wasn’t shot by someone. disgirl said “I do NOT understand why no one shot this guy. I've lived in Arizona and Texas. Guess what? They carry more firearms openly in Arizona. My poor Texan husband thought a record store on Mill Ave was being held up because some of the patrons were discussing guns and had them out. pingpaul said “Just wonder how many people in the audience had concealed handguns. Why did they not react?” and 113162 added, “I wonder ‘where did all the gun-totin’ Arizonans go?’ I expected the perp to be met with a hail of bullets.”

I personally find that comment quite ignorant and distasteful. Just because Arizona is a gun-friendly state and we packing a heat doesn't mean we can take matters into our hands. That's not how it works.

First of all... we own a gun and we carry gun for OUR OWN PROTECTION, not for your own protection or anybody else. That's what police is for. We let the police take care of it, not us for many legal & safety reasons such as..... we can get shot by police officer by mistake and we can get sued (and even be held criminally liable) if we shot the innocent by mistake.

Secondly... carrying a gun at political gathering/convention is extremely tricky. It's too much of a headache to deal with legal issues so we leave our guns at home or car. A person could get scared and notify a cop if he/she sees a person legally carrying a gun at public gathering so who wants to deal with that kind of drama?

Lastly... we're not interested in being a hero nor cowboy. That is the gun owner's mindset that regular folks can't understand. We're not in Wild West.

I just read this comment from site.

Overheard on CNN.com: National tragedy in Arizona - CNN iReport Blog

I personally find that comment quite ignorant and distasteful. Just because Arizona is a gun-friendly state and we packing a heat doesn't mean we can take matters into our hands. That's not how it works.

First of all... we own a gun and we carry gun for OUR OWN PROTECTION, not for your own protection or anybody else. That's what police is for. We let the police take care of it, not us for many legal & safety reasons such as..... we can get shot by police officer by mistake and we can get sued (and even be held criminally liable) if we shot the innocent by mistake.

Secondly... carrying a gun at political gathering/convention is extremely tricky. It's too much of a headache to deal with legal issues so we leave our guns at home or car. A person could get scared and notify a cop if he/she sees a person legally carrying a gun at public gathering so who wants to deal with that kind of drama?

Lastly... we're not interested in being a hero nor cowboy. That is the gun owner's mindset that regular folks can't understand.

How can the United States handle it so well since late 1700's? I mean, we all should be dead by now. At this rate since morality fall, we wouldn't survive another 50 years.

How can the United States handle it so well since late 1700's? I mean, we all should be dead by now. At this rate since morality fall, we wouldn't survive another 50 years.

damn Chinese :mad2:

An armed citizen trying to shoot Loughner in such a confused crowd could easily hit an innocent bystander.

If an armed citizen was holding a gun when the police arrived, they wouldn't be sure who was the "bad" guy shooter.

It was several citizens who did take down Loughner without using guns.

Personal guns are a good option but they are just that--an option. Just because someone legally carries one doesn't mean that it has to be used in every circumstance.

An armed citizen trying to shoot Loughner in such a confused crowd could easily hit an innocent bystander.

If an armed citizen was holding a gun when the police arrived, they wouldn't be sure who was the "bad" guy shooter.

It was several citizens who did take down Loughner without using guns.

Personal guns are a good option but they are just that--an option. Just because someone legally carries one doesn't mean that it has to be used in every circumstance.
Kind of reminds me of the "heroic grandmother" that emptied her pistol trying to shoot her attacker. This occured in daytime at a Walmart parking lot. Not one of those shots hit the attacker, yet she was hailed as an example of why people should have the right to carry a pistol, because the "sound" of her shooting scared the attacker. I found her wild shooting in a public area, with zero hits, to be the exact opposite. It is a prime example of all that is wrong with letting anyone own a gun. She had no business using it, since she either had no target practice or she forgot her glasses.

That does not mean I am for gun control, but in the case of the heroic grandmother....:hmm:

That sure would had stop the guy, it really hard to buy a gun in my state if you buy it legally . Unfortunately people do buy gun illegally here too.

Yeah, I am sure the question will stop them. :lol:

Are you crazy? Yes....I mean....D'oh

Loughner's parents: 'We care very deeply' about victims' families
Loughner's parents: 'We care very deeply' about victims' families - CNN.com

Arizona enacts funeral protest legislation
Arizona enacts funeral protest legislation - CNN.com

Giffords in key period after brain injury
Giffords in key period after brain injury - CNN.com

New Shooting Details: Loughner's Angry Note
New Shooting Details: Loughner's Angry Note - CBS News

Giffords Moves Arms, Survival Odds at '101 %'
Giffords Moves Arms, Survival Odds at '101 %' - CBS News

Bill Clinton: Politics must change after Arizona attack
BBC News - Bill Clinton: Politics must change after Arizona attack

Colorado man 'threatened to shoot U.S. senator's staff just two days before Arizona massacre'
Colorado man 'threatened to kill Senator Michael Bennet 2 days before Arizona shooting' | Mail Online

Gabrielle Giffords is 'holding her own' and breathing without assistance, say doctors delighted with shooting victim's progress
Gabrielle Giffords shooting: Congresswoman responds leaving doctors optimistic | Mail Online

More warning signs on day of shooting
APNewsBreak: More warning signs on day of shooting - Yahoo! News

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama honours Arizona victims in memorial speech
BBC News - Obama honours Arizona victims in memorial speech

Arizona shooting: Palin denounces 'blood libel'
BBC News - Arizona shooting: Palin denounces 'blood libel'

What does 'blood libel' mean?
BBC News - What does 'blood libel' mean?

Arizona shooting: Loughner 'ran red light' before attack
BBC News - Arizona shooting: Loughner 'ran red light' before attack

'Our high school love split tipped gun killer over edge': Childhood sweetheart of Jared Loughner speaks of his descent into madness
Arizona shootings: Jared Loughner's high school love split sent him over edge | Mail Online

Now Sarah Palin blunders into race row over shootings by criticising media's 'blood libel'
Sarah Palin's 'blood libel' Facebook video on Arizona shootings criticises media | Mail Online

'She has opened her eyes': President Obama tells Arizona memorial service that shot congresswoman 'knows we're here'
President Obama arrives in Arizona for memorial service as he prepares to meet family members of shooting victims | Mail Online

Arizona shooting: President Obama at Gabrielle Giffords' bedside
Arizona shooting: President Obama at Gabrielle Giffords' bedside - Telegraph

Obama leads memorial service for Arizona shooting victims
Obama leads memorial service for Arizona shooting victims - Telegraph

Obama Honours Victims Of Tucson Shootings
Tucson Shootings: President Obama And First Lady Honour The Victims At Special Memorial Service | World News | Sky News

Palin Accuses Tucson Reports Of 'Blood Libel'
Arizona Shootings: Sarah Palin Speaks Out To Defend Herself And Claims Blood Libel In Tucson Reports | World News | Sky News

Obama: 'The hopes of a nation are here tonight'
Obama: 'The hopes of a nation are here tonight' - CNN.com

Giffords opens her eyes for the first time since the shooting
Giffords opens her eyes for the first time since the shooting - CNN.com

Loughner's dad feared he was 'out of control,' neighbor says
Loughner's dad feared he was 'out of control,' neighbor says - CNN.com

Obama Calls for Civility in Wake of Tragedy
Obama Calls for Civility in Wake of Tragedy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Obama: Rep. Giffords "Opened Her Eyes" Today
Obama: Rep. Giffords "Opened Her Eyes" Today - CBS News

Loughner Stopped by Police Hours before Shooting
Loughner Stopped by Police Hours before Shooting - CBS News

Sarah Palin Accuses Media of "Blood Libel" after Tucson Shooting
Sarah Palin Accuses Media of "Blood Libel" after Tucson Shooting - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Obama tells polarized nation: 'We can be better'
Obama tells polarized nation: 'We can be better' - Yahoo! News

President Obama: Gabrielle Giffords Has Opened Her Eyes
Gabrielle Giffords Opens Her Eyes, Announces Barack Obama : People.com

people magazine cover of injury congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords top right of Arizona shooting grab that magazines at store to read serious story..

Attachments

• peoplecover_205x273.jpg
    peoplecover_205x273.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
... Sarah Palin actually used the phrase, "Blood Libel"?

Not a good move if you ask me. Of course, she just had to make it all about herself. What a narcissist.

... Sarah Palin actually used the phrase, "Blood Libel"?

Not a good move if you ask me. Of course, she just had to make it all about herself. What a narcissist.
She was specifically attacked by name as a cause of the shooting. Should she have ignored that?

Back