AZ Congresswoman...12 others, shot

gun traders dont care as long they can sell, in fact in america there is more gun shops than there is petrol stations...

How was a schizophrenic person able to buy an automatic gun!! What kind laws does Az have to buy a gun? In Massachusett you have to fill out a form and you have say if you been in a mental health clinic and why you want to buy a gun, there are few questions you haveto answer,. The cops checked out your background and if you allowed to buy a gun you have to learn how to shoot it and store at your home.

That's what I want to know.

There is no need for a person to have an automatic gun for the a weapon!
A hand gun is enough!
It was a hand gun, and it was semi-automatic.

It was a Glock 19 9mm semi-automatic pistol.

How was a schizophrenic person able to buy an automatic gun!! What kind laws does Az have to buy a gun? In Massachusett you have to fill out a form and you have say if you been in a mental health clinic and why you want to buy a gun, there are few questions you haveto answer,. The cops checked out your background and if you allowed to buy a gun you have to learn how to shoot it and store at your home.
Was he actually diagnosed schizophrenic and prescribe medications? Was he ever hospitalized for a mental illness? In other words, was there anything documented that would have prevented him from buying a gun? :dunno:

Was he actually diagnosed schizophrenic and prescribe medications? Was he ever hospitalized for a mental illness? In other words, was there anything documented that would have prevented him from buying a gun? :dunno:

That's a possiblity but we won't know for sure till they report it.

According to the news, his behavior was disturbing to many but to my knowledge no professional saw him.

Yep, Jared is a nutbag. He seemed to have problems with people's grammar and wanted some kind of a third currency .... rambled something about ADE being endless ....

Um .... okaaaay :pissed:

I foresee more gun control laws.

I am pretty sure that we really don't need the gun control laws because we still need it to protect our home against intruders. But, one law is good idea to verify the record before anyone buy a gun.

The only thing that I do not understand how he got the approval to buy his gun from a gun store. I wonder that could be a sloppy job at the record department.

Probably, a gun dealer had too many paperwork that got mixed up with too many customers lining up to purchase a gun.

I am pretty sure that we really don't need the gun control laws because we still need it to protect our home against intruders. But, one law is good idea to verify the record before anyone buy a gun.

The only thing that I do not understand how he got the approval to buy his gun from a gun store. I wonder that could be a sloppy job at the record department.

Probably, a gun dealer had too many paperwork that got mixed up with too many customers lining up to purchase a gun.

Arizona is a very gun-friendly state. License is not needed. A simple logic - any law-abiding citizen with a gun can stop him.

but nobody stopped him... why? gun's not allowed at any political gathering. even a politician can't pack a heat :roll:

It was a hand gun, and it was semi-automatic.

It was a Glock 19 9mm semi-automatic pistol.

According to manufacturer's site, Glock 19 has a maximum capacity of 33 rounds :-o

The police said that he had 30-rounds magazine.

Yep, Jared is a nutbag. He seemed to have problems with people's grammar and wanted some kind of a third currency .... rambled something about ADE being endless ....

Um .... okaaaay :pissed:

I foresee more gun control laws.

Governor Brewer and Senator McCain pushed for less gun control laws and they got what they want. Time to push even more - allow UNFETTERED gun carry restriction! allow us to to carry guns anywhere, anytime.

You've seen many shootings over and over. Where did it occur? GUN-FREE zones.

Governor Brewer and Senator McCain pushed for less gun control laws and they got what they want. Time to push even more - allow UNFETTERED gun carry restriction! allow us to to carry guns anywhere, anytime.

You've seen many shootings over and over. Where did it occur? GUN-FREE zones.
a good example is the Luby's Massacre in Killeen TX. Texas gun laws made if very difficult to carry a firearm. Suzanna Hupp had a handgun and was forced to keep it in her vehicle outside, because of the Texas laws at the time. If Hupp could have had that gun in the restaurant at the time of the shooting. Hupp's parents and other patrons could still be alive today. Suzanna Hupp campaigned to get the gun laws changed in Texas. In 1995 the laws were changed. Hupp went on to be elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996.

If speech is affected, then they can always learn sign language to express themselves. However, if the language or cognitive processing areas have been affected, then that's another issue.

Yeah this was on the news tonight , we'll have to wait and see how she recover. I am hoping she pull through , it is so horrible how one fucked up person can destroy so many people life in a few minutes!

That's what I want to know.

The guy had no mental health record , did you see the woman that was his class mate on TV? She said she was really worried the guy would do something like this ! It is a damn shame the cops did not pick up on that too!

From what I heard on the news the guy had no mental health records .I also heard if the guy lived in my state he never would had been able to get a gun! Az need to change the way people can buy guns! There is not wait period in AZ.

Arizona is a very gun-friendly state. License is not needed. A simple logic - any law-abiding citizen with a gun can stop him.

but nobody stopped him... why? gun's not allowed at any political gathering. even a politician can't pack a heat :roll:

I heard on the news that more politicians in AZ will be packing their own gun for safety now! I can't blame them! The gathering was at Safeway and I think the guy the stopped the gunman said he had his own gun on him.

In Arkansas if you have been diagnosed with a mental disorder and have been institutionalized then you are not allowed to buy a gun of any sort. I'm not sure how this works with the HIPAA laws.

In Arkansas if you have been diagnosed with a mental disorder and have been institutionalized then you are not allowed to buy a gun of any sort. I'm not sure how this works with the HIPAA laws.

that true

You would think if a doctor knew a patient was thinking of gunning down 100
people the doctor would tell the cops know. This guy had not been diagnosed with a mental disorder . Ithink it is strange we had not heard any thing about the guy parents yet. I wonder if they knew how sick their kid is!

You would think if a doctor knew a patient was thinking of gunning down 100
people the doctor would tell the cops know. This guy had not been diagnosed with a mental disorder . Ithink it is strange we had not heard any thing about the guy parents yet. I wonder if they knew how sick their kid is!

I think they are like a lot of parents. They are in denial that their child has serious issues that need to be dealt with. I've heard stories of parents that knew the warning flags were there that their child needs help for a mental disorder or an addiction but the parents were in denial about it as they felt their child 'wasn't that bad' or they were from an affluent or well-respected family and they felt ashamed of it. My mom is like this towards my brother's past drug addiction. Thankfully my brother has been sober for 4 years now.

I have an idea ... why don't we just make a law making murder illegal!

oh ... wait ...

Back