Australian Sign Language Vlog's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and then we could see all of the pretty scenery, too!

If I could get some good background for you all to admire while listening ;)

I have faith in you. You've done a wonderful job with the others!

I have faith in you. You've done a wonderful job with the others!

Thank you Jillio :) I will try my best to capture one VLOG during my holiday trip, as for a change.

In other matter, for the VLOG #5, I have been a bit concerned about that, does it confuse you a bit or did you get it all right? Did it need a bit of work besides the best first few VLOG's? A feedback from you would be great!

P.S = The last two VLOGS has been captured by my cell phone with 5 MP Camera, I know it is quite difficult to import it over to my PC and edit it as I don't have any proper software to reformat my mpeg4 files to the PC - only have Windows Movie Maker.

Thank you Jillio :) I will try my best to capture one VLOG during my holiday trip, as for a change.

In other matter, for the VLOG #5, I have been a bit concerned about that, does it confuse you a bit or did you get it all right? Did it need a bit of work besides the best first few VLOG's? A feedback from you would be great!

P.S = The last two VLOGS has been captured by my cell phone with 5 MP Camera, I know it is quite difficult to import it over to my PC and edit it as I don't have any proper software to reformat my mpeg4 files to the PC - only have Windows Movie Maker.

Well, I did think the last one was abit more confusing that the first 3, but I thought it was just me. I just watched it three times to figure it out.:giggle:

Well, I did think the last one was abit more confusing that the first 3, but I thought it was just me. I just watched it three times to figure it out.:giggle:

THREE times!? Must be bad lighting in the room, maybe? But actually, yeah, my friend from Florida mentioned it as well, so I shall re do that VLOG #5 in a better clarification and it would be more clearer for the audience to read again!

THREE times!? Must be bad lighting in the room, maybe? But actually, yeah, my friend from Florida mentioned it as well, so I shall re do that VLOG #5 in a better clarification and it would be more clearer for the audience to read again!

Yes, I think it was the lighting.

Yes, I think it was the lighting.

that is what I thought, but lucky I know about the lighting situations when I did the multimedia course last year.

that is what I thought, but lucky I know about the lighting situations when I did the multimedia course last year.

Good, then you know how to correct it. You are one step ahead of me with that knowledge!

Good, then you know how to correct it. You are one step ahead of me with that knowledge!

Quite right, I am well known for smart explantation with the deaf community, I have always in deep discussion about media advertising in Australia to improve the employment status.

Quite right, I am well known for smart explantation with the deaf community, I have always in deep discussion about media advertising in Australia to improve the employment status.

Good for you! It is a perfect occupation for someone who is visually oriented.

Good for you! It is a perfect occupation for someone who is visually oriented.

Of course! A lot of deaf people I know, generally from Melbourne are very impressed on what I have discussed about. And they want me to do it one day. But Jillio, I have a question, does this occur to the deaf people who has experiences in multimedia within the employment status to make the hearing employers/employees aware about the deafness at the workplaces?

Of course! A lot of deaf people I know, generally from Melbourne are very impressed on what I have discussed about. And they want me to do it one day. But Jillio, I have a question, does this occur to the deaf people who has experiences in multimedia within the employment status to make the hearing employers/employees aware about the deafness at the workplaces?

Oh, yes. The more deaf people there are in traditionally hearing occupations, the more aware that the hearing employers/employees become aware of the talents and contributions of the deaf.

Oh, yes. The more deaf people there are in traditionally hearing occupations, the more aware that the hearing employers/employees become aware of the talents and contributions of the deaf.

That sounds very interesting, do you know anyone that you know, who is in part of these, I would be interested to discuss about?

That sounds very interesting, do you know anyone that you know, who is in part of these, I would be interested to discuss about?

I'm certain I can come up with a few. Just give me a bit of time to gather the info for you.

I'm certain I can come up with a few. Just give me a bit of time to gather the info for you.

No problem, Jillio. :ty: Actually, I am going to be on vacation next week, so no hurry there. :D

UPDATE: For blogging about my trip and Vlogs whilst in Perth

Vlogs and Blogs about my trip can be found here

Those are some nice blogs mate! I agree that AUSLAN tends to be much more straightforward in the concepts than ASL such as the BORN sign that jillio noted.

Whoo..it's been a long time since I used Auslan, lol. Last time I utilised it was at a memorial service when I interpreted for a friend who used Auslan, translated it to ASL for the service. :) (lived in Melbourne, Australia for 6.5 years before moving back to the States in '04.)

Update:

As I mentioned earlier, I would make a VLOG in Perth, well, unfortuantely, due to busy events, I didnt make one, but I will make one soon. So stay tuned. (For photos of my trip in Perth, check the link in my previous post.)

These are great! Wonderful to see the comparison between ASL and AUSLAN. I love the sign for BORN with the "head" pushing through; it's so graphic compared to ASL.

Do you know whether the British Sign Language (BSL) and AUSLAN alphabet are the same? The few letters I know looked the same but I don't remember the BSL alphabet well enough to know the rest. I assume BSL had some influence on AUSLAN.

I would really love to learn a foreign sign language at some point.

It has many simlarlites to BSL alphabet but there are some difference between them. I used to know a few signs in BSL thanks to a terp who moved from England to here. She has a deaf blind cousin and thats who taught her BSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back