Australian Sign Language Vlog's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

As I mentioned earlier, I would make a VLOG in Perth, well, unfortuantely, due to busy events, I didnt make one, but I will make one soon. So stay tuned. (For photos of my trip in Perth, check the link in my previous post.)

That definitely didn't happen, but it was due to an busy schedule. I have a new digital camera which can video me when I do some new VLOGs, so I think I should update with some new ones. I would like a question to ask the audience. What would you like to see in the AUSLAN language besides ASL?

A story that is unique to Australia? Children's story, maybe.

A short history on Australia in general or a particular city? I don't know if Australia is completely independent from UK or not. Do tell us about the first Australians.

I suspect that Auslan is similiar to BSL, seeing that Australia used to be a British colony. I can see that Auslan fingerspelling is the same as BSL with very small difference. I learned that fingerspelling from a classmate who spend a short time in England. I still have trouble with my reception of that fingerspelling. I guess I need to practice on that.

By the way, is your sign name always done with one hand not two hands??? I was wondering if you slipped back into ASL when showing us your sign name in Auslan part of the first video or not? Thanks for the vlogs. I am going to look at the rest of your vlogs as I looked only at the first one.

Last edited:
Cool!

It is always strange to see two hands being used for alphabet after all in ASL you need only one hand.

I love to see foreign sign language.

A story that is unique to Australia? Children's story, maybe.

A short history on Australia in general or a particular city? I don't know if Australia is completely independent from UK or not. Do tell us about the first Australians.

I will think of some, that's some ideas I can make. ;)

I suspect that Auslan is similiar to BSL, seeing that Australia used to be a British colony. I can see that Auslan fingerspelling is the same as BSL with very small difference. I learned that fingerspelling from a classmate who spend a short time in England. I still have trouble with my reception of that fingerspelling. I guess I need to practice on that.

Fingerspelling is definitely the same as BSL, but the signs are a bit different.

SilentWolfDog -- Have you seen my Vlogs, right?

I have some good news -- I have recorded ASL version VLOG of myself explaining about AUSLAN. It is currently importing onto my parents iMac and I am going to be editing it and then upload it here. Stay tuned!!

News Flash!

UPDATE:

Hello everyone,

I would like to apologise for the late VLOG entry. It has been a while since late 2007. Below you will find the latest VLOG on me, but this time, it is all in ASL. I will be explaining briefly about how Auslan came in Australia. There is no AUSLAN signs included, unfortunately. But you would find this VLOG interesting. IF you have any comments, you can send in Video Response if you like - word or video. Doesn't matter.

Enjoy!

YouTube - VLOG #6 - About Auslan (In ASL Version)

By the way, is your sign name always done with one hand not two hands??? I was wondering if you slipped back into ASL when showing us your sign name in Auslan part of the first video or not? Thanks for the vlogs.

Sorry -- I missed this question -- The sign name I have is actually my real sign name becuase I have the addiction of ASL in my experience since I went to the U.S in 1999.

You have a wonderful command of ASL. I found myself sitting here watching you on the computer and nodding my understanding as if we were having a face to face conversation, lol. Thanks, jclarke. I always enjoy your videos.

Last edited:
Update:

There might be a possible of 7th Vlog coming out in the next few days. It would be talking about what is 'bushrangers' -- and other australian stuff. All will be based in ASL, and I will try and see if I can include some few signs in AUSLAN as well, to keep your interest in. I would like to see some interest from you all AD'ers. Is there anything you want to know about Australia.

I have had a lot of thinking, and you all would like this, I might make a video on the national capital of Australia, where I currently am. You might want to see these fantastic things in the town. You wanna see some of that, everyone?? :D (This is going to be good, something I can do to keep me busy! ;))

Ypu have a wonderful command of ASL. I found myself sitting here watching you on the computer and nodding my understanding as if we were having a face to face conversation, lol. Thanks, jclarke. I always enjoy your videos.

Thank you, Jillo -- and I have started to realize that my ASL in the vlog are clearly improved since the last ones. And I tend to improve more greatly, and I am getting more confident and learning what I can! I am starting to enjoy this too :D

Update:

There might be a possible of 7th Vlog coming out in the next few days. It would be talking about what is 'bushrangers' -- and other australian stuff. All will be based in ASL, and I will try and see if I can include some few signs in AUSLAN as well, to keep your interest in. I would like to see some interest from you all AD'ers. Is there anything you want to know about Australia.

I have had a lot of thinking, and you all would like this, I might make a video on the national capital of Australia, where I currently am. You might want to see these fantastic things in the town. You wanna see some of that, everyone?? :D (This is going to be good, something I can do to keep me busy! ;))

That would be a wonderful idea. Then we could learn more about your culture as well as your sign language. I love it!

AUSLAN are similar to BSL and Chekoree Sign Langauges...

Chekoree Sign Language? Which country is that from?

Yes, AUSLAN is similar to BSL but mostly mainly with fingerspelling, like I mentioned in my VLOG.

Chekoree Sign Language? Which country is that from?

Yes, AUSLAN is similar to BSL but mostly mainly with fingerspelling, like I mentioned in my VLOG.

SxyPorkie was speaking of Cherokee Native Americans. The Native American tribes all used forms of sign language along with speech.

jillio, you can look up in here of our Auslan.

Auslan - Signbank

I am surprised some of sign similar to Hong Kong Sign Language. I do know some of fingerspelling from my grandmother from Bristish. Her fingerspell is a little bite different than that Auslan Sign Language.

I am surprised some of sign similar to Hong Kong Sign Language. I do know some of fingerspelling from my grandmother from Bristish. Her fingerspell is a little bite different than that Auslan Sign Language.

It figures. Hong Kong was under the UK's rule in the past.

The other day I saw this tv program about parrots in Australia: NATURE . Parrots in the Land of Oz | PBS and I wonder if you had trouble with the wild parrots. How about kangaroos? I know now that the farmers hate the roos and parrots because of what they are doing to the land and crops. I was surprised about the parrots in Australia because I thought the parrots are native only to South America. Boy, was I wrong! I did learn something new.

I look forward to more of your vlogs. Maybe you will make one after you move out. You can always use your parents' at their home if you haven't buy one for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back