:shock: i only bring some humor to the DEAF COMMUNITY. nothing else. :shock:

A-Clockwork-Orange-1971.jpg

That's TWA......

Ohhh I never forget that movie. It left me some scar. :shock:

I am TheWriteAlexDeLarge.

Where are my droogs!

I am TheWriteAlexDeLarge.

Where are my droogs!

Getting ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence?

Viddy well, little brother. Looks like this thread has not been, shall we say, satisfactory, yes?

I'd be perfectly happy to give you a rundown of my formal education in linguistics if you'd prefer?

That's ok but do you have a professional background in linguistics?

oh shit no, DD!!! no!!! not the shock therapy! please not there!

That's ok but do you have a professional background in linguistics?

oh shit no, DD!!! no!!! not the shock therapy! please not there!

I

*zzzaaaappp*

am not a trained *zzzzaaappppp*

Linguist. *zaaaaaaappppp*

Nope. *zaaaaappppp*

But I read a lot.

*Zaaaaaaaaapppppppppp*

Some people think ASL is better than oralism, some people think Texas is the best state in the US , some people think Italians are the best lovers. In such cases, there is no absolutism or determining who's right or wrong. It's a matter of opinion, we're all entitled to one.

Would people be alright with people coming in and saying that all deaf children should be implanted and learn to listen and speak (without lipreading of course) because it is the only way they will be successful in life? Of course not. They would be labeled as an audist, Nazi, and very quickly, banned. So why is OK for people to insist that ASL is the only appropriate option for deaf kids? Isn't it exactly the same?

Would people be alright with people coming in and saying that all deaf children should be implanted and learn to listen and speak (without lipreading of course) because it is the only way they will be successful in life? Of course not. They would be labeled as an audist, Nazi, and very quickly, banned. So why is OK for people to insist that ASL is the only appropriate option for deaf kids? Isn't it exactly the same?

Because ASL is fully accessible to people who cant hear well. You need to hear very well to have spoken language fully accessible, right?

I still have this feeling you are not deaf.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back