Anyone get SnapVRS?

I have the Ojo now - for the first time.

After I saved two phone addresses on the list, I clicked the username. It dialed two seconds, it showed up on the screen that says "Ojo Unavailable."
What does this mean?

Do I need to dial 1 and the area code for my local town?

Nope you have to select [Snap!VRS 711] on the screen then "sign to interpeter" phone number you want to call.

I have the Ojo now - for the first time.

After I saved two phone addresses on the list, I clicked the username. It dialed two seconds, it showed up on the screen that says "Ojo Unavailable."
What does this mean?

Do I need to dial 1 and the area code for my local town?

* If you are trying to call another Deafie who owns an Ojo, you need to dial a "1" first.

* If you are calling another Deafie who uses a videophone like Dlink, webcam, VP-100/200, you need to enter an IP address or a DNS name if that Deafie has registered one.

* Like Techbill said, calling SnapVRS itself is via 711 or by selecting the proper icon on the screen.

I learned that you can use the Ojo thru your friends who have a VP-100/200. You just need to put their IP address in your Ojo's phonebook. That's all. Like navyman said above.

Well. I have one problem. I gave her my IP Address for her to call me on my Ojo video phone because she has a VP-200. She rang my Ojo phone, but my Ojo does not ring itself. What is the problem?

(I rang my friend's VP with her IP Address, and it worked fine.)

I got mine 2 weeks ago. I really like it. If FCC mandates phone numbers that will work for different VP's I will use the Ojo instead of VP200. Until then will just us it and the VP-200 both.

Hey,,,thanks all for the information....I ordered one just now....we'll see what they say and when I receive mine

Just to let you all know they got back with me and approved my order for a Ojo,...but ti will take approximately 2 months to receive it.

Does it work if you use both Ojo and VP200 when someone rings at your house?

If non-OJO caller calls you, your OJO rings.. otherwise your VP200 rings unless you set port 1720 to OJO.

To be honest with you, I prefer VP200 over OJO..

If non-OJO caller calls you, your OJO rings.. otherwise your VP200 rings unless you set port 1720 to OJO.

Oh, these devices have different video format. Is that why?

If I set the port 1720 on my VP200, will someone with their VP 100/200 able to call me with my VP200?

Oh, these devices have different video format. Is that why?

If I set the port 1720 on my VP200, will someone with their VP 100/200 able to call me with my VP200?

Right - different protocol.. As for port 1720, it depends on the router.. My router - I just set the 1720 to my VP200.. Some router requires DMZ to Vp200..

Right - different protocol.. As for port 1720, it depends on the router.. My router - I just set the 1720 to my VP200.. Some router requires DMZ to Vp200..

I have a VP200 and D-Link Broadband Gaming Router (Gigabit Switch). I also have an Ojo, but it is not hooked up. Suppose, how can I set 1720 if I hook up both VP200 and Ojo?

I have a VP200 and D-Link Broadband Gaming Router (Gigabit Switch). I also have an Ojo, but it is not hooked up. Suppose, how can I set 1720 if I hook up both VP200 and Ojo?

I assume you got DGL-4500?? Exactly what I have.. Basically, just create a Virtual Server Rule to forward port 1720 (TCP) to your VP200 IP. No need for DMZ since router will automatic open up UCP ports for VP whenever VP is in use. For OJO, nothing is needed to configure in router as OJO is firewall friendly.

I assume you got DGL-4500?? Exactly what I have.. Basically, just create a Virtual Server Rule to forward port 1720 (TCP) to your VP200 IP. No need for DMZ since router will automatic open up UCP ports for VP whenever VP is in use. For OJO, nothing is needed to configure in router as OJO is firewall friendly.

I have a wired DGL-4100. I personally do not like any wireless device in my house. I use this for my Apple computer G5, and especially VP200. Yeah, it is nice to have the DGL...

My personal... I prefer OJO over VP200. Why..... I dislike to use VP200 and Sony XBR. Someone is curious to see me talk to who.
I use OJO then someone has hard time to see who is person that I talk.

Yes, I am very pissed at my wife who always curious to see who is person at VP.

Our old Sony XBR TV has problem with power supply. Not worth to keep. If, our dead TV then I will buy other HDTV.

Right now, we have two HDTV in other room. Soon, we will have 3rd HDTV.

The ojo looks nice on my desk. No need for a big tv to take up all that space. I do think the ojo screen could be a bit larger, but it's okay as is.

Back