Anyone get SnapVRS?

Another reason is that I like to have an Ojo because I didn't want to miss a TV show so I have two eyes - one is for Ojo and another is VP200. :giggle:

Oh mean you dont have Tivo. :giggle:

I am thinking of a 3rd party device for a signaler (flasher) to plug a telephone line on Ojo. I will have to buy one, and mine was broken. I forgot what brand was it. I buried it somewhere in my huge mess in the basement. I hate to clean it up, and I need to push myself to do it. I am thinking about it this week at some nights. I need a piece of mind after cleaning it up. The problem is that I saved so many of my grandmother's junk stuff, and I realized that I never looked at them. It's time for me to get rid of them. Maybe, I would find a box that has never opened, and it could be an Ojo phone. Smile.

Remember, the OJO does not have a telephone port for you to plug in a phone flasher device. You'll have to get one that detects the audio ring of the OJO (rather than the normal ring voltage signal on a phone line).

What about this one? (for example)

strobe.jpg

If I have the phone flasher with a split Y phone line, I think that would make a sense, but I am afraid that the electricity would kill the Ojo. Maybe not.

If I have the phone flasher with a split Y phone line, I think that would make a sense, but I am afraid that the electricity would kill the Ojo. Maybe not.

Keep in mind that the PVP-900 model OJO (Black) does not have ANY kind of phone port whatsoever. There's nothing to kill with electricity. The only things you can plug into the OJO is the power cord and an RJ-45 ethernet jack from your router. The only thing that will work for now is a signaller that is triggered by audio feedback (i.e., the OJO ringing).

Speaking of Ojo, I just got mine last week. It very nice, clear viedo and fast relay service. However, sometime ojo does have one negative is the connections sometimes fails due to stun server happen on ojo. There are two type model of ojo. I am currently still working on the stun server problem on ojo. As for Soreson they have so many BS excuese about why people don't get vp- 200 funny, cuz they say anybody that have vp 100 are on the waiting list will get vp 200, now they change their stories saying anybody with vp100 must use it more often to get points or using reply service to get points then they can have vp 200. If you even call teach support,, they never come fix it if you have problem with VP also. That why I think their service really stink! But so far I have no problem with Dlink VP i2eye and i711 web cam is great so far. :)

Give VP back to Sorenson? How about damaging it instead? I would do that lol. Videotape yourself smashing it! Like one guy did smashed Wii and PS3 systems on their launch day. Its on youtube.com

Yeah do that! Smash the Sorenson bug!

Richard

Speaking of Ojo, I just got mine last week. It very nice, clear viedo and fast relay service. However, sometime ojo does have one negative is the connections sometimes fails due to stun server happen on ojo. There are two type model of ojo. I am currently still working on the stun server problem on ojo. As for Soreson they have so many BS excuese about why people don't get vp- 200 funny, cuz they say anybody that have vp 100 are on the waiting list will get vp 200, now they change their stories saying anybody with vp100 must use it more often to get points or using reply service to get points then they can have vp 200. If you even call teach support,, they never come fix it if you have problem with VP also. That why I think their service really stink! But so far I have no problem with Dlink VP i2eye and i711 web cam is great so far. :)

I had a similar problem with the STUN server on my OJO. After changing it to the "PASSIVE" setting, it resolved all problems, so I suggest you change your setting to that and see if it works for you.

I have a VP-200 which I think is a great VP as far as hardware goes. ALL of my Deaf friends in Southern Maryland are STILL waiting for a VP-200 even though they got a VP-100 before I did, so SnapVRS is doing a great job getting the Ojos out to the Deaf community as much as possible.

However, you know how its a big challenge to find good interpreters. I'm sure SnapVRS is faced with that challenge like all VRS providers. My guess is one problem they (and all other VRS providers except for Sorenson) might have is Sorenson's requirement for their interpreters to sign a 1-year agreement not to work for other VRS providers...that's NOT right in my opinion because it hurts competition in the VRS industry which, in turn, hurts Deaf consumers like you and me.

What does that do?

Here's a wikipedia article (highly technical) explaining STUN. In a nutshell, it's a networking method by which a device (like the Ojo) can find out information about a router so that it will allow a service (like SnapVRS) to be able to connect effectively.

Thanks..

I had a similar problem with the STUN server on my OJO. After changing it to the "PASSIVE" setting, it resolved all problems, so I suggest you change your setting to that and see if it works for you.

I have a VP-200 which I think is a great VP as far as hardware goes. ALL of my Deaf friends in Southern Maryland are STILL waiting for a VP-200 even though they got a VP-100 before I did, so SnapVRS is doing a great job getting the Ojos out to the Deaf community as much as possible.

However, you know how its a big challenge to find good interpreters. I'm sure SnapVRS is faced with that challenge like all VRS providers. My guess is one problem they (and all other VRS providers except for Sorenson) might have is Sorenson's requirement for their interpreters to sign a 1-year agreement not to work for other VRS providers...that's NOT right in my opinion because it hurts competition in the VRS industry which, in turn, hurts Deaf consumers like you and me.

I finally fixed the stun server problems,, thanks for your suggestion that helps lot. :) :fingersx:

I have received my Ojo Snap the other day.

Video quailty is nice but maybe I haven't learn yet however it doesn't seem I can save phone number for VRS relay call instead I have to sign out everyone phone number or phone number to call when signing to VRS interpeters.

Also answer machine doesn't seem to pick up incoming calls from Snap VRS?

Can anyone confirm if answer machine ignore incoming call from Snap VRS and is it possible to save hearing people phone number on Ojo?

Thanks

I have received my Ojo Snap the other day.

Video quailty is nice but maybe I haven't learn yet however it doesn't seem I can save phone number for VRS relay call instead I have to sign out everyone phone number or phone number to call when signing to VRS interpeters.

Also answer machine doesn't seem to pick up incoming calls from Snap VRS?

Can anyone confirm if answer machine ignore incoming call from Snap VRS and is it possible to save hearing people phone number on Ojo?

Thanks

If you are talking about having to give the interpreter the phone number you want to dial to (as opposed to entering it like we do on a Sorenson VP), yeah, you're right. That probably bothers some people. I prefer to key-in the number rather than signing it so interpreter cannot misunderstand the phone number.

Are you saying SnapVRS interpreters are not leaving video messages on behalf of hearing callers? I haven't given out the OJO number to anyone, but I don't see why SnapVRS interpreters would not leave a video message for you.

If you are talking about having to give the interpreter the phone number you want to dial to (as opposed to entering it like we do on a Sorenson VP), yeah, you're right. That probably bothers some people. I prefer to key-in the number rather than signing it so interpreter cannot misunderstand the phone number.

Are you saying SnapVRS interpreters are not leaving video messages on behalf of hearing callers? I haven't given out the OJO number to anyone, but I don't see why SnapVRS interpreters would not leave a video message for you.

I spoke with a SnapVRS rep about it and that we do have to sign (fingerspell) phone number we want to call each time to the interpreter. There no setting on Ojo to store VRS-to-Hearing like on Sorenson VP phone book.

I was saying that Ojo answer machine will not answer any Snapvrs incoming calls.

I was hoping hearing people call SnapVRS then SnapVRS call to my Ojo phone if i am not home then it will be answered by Ojo answer machine so hearing person can leave a message on my Ojo phone using SnapVRS but I was told by SnapVRS rep that the Ojo answer machine will not answer any incoming call from SnapVRS.

It would been nice to have an answering machine.

I spoke with a SnapVRS rep about it and that we do have to sign (fingerspell) phone number we want to call each time to the interpreter. There no setting on Ojo to store VRS-to-Hearing like on Sorenson VP phone book.

I was saying that Ojo answer machine will not answer any Snapvrs incoming calls.

I was hoping hearing people call SnapVRS then SnapVRS call to my Ojo phone if i am not home then it will be answered by Ojo answer machine so hearing person can leave a message on my Ojo phone using SnapVRS but I was told by SnapVRS rep that the Ojo answer machine will not answer any incoming call from SnapVRS.

It would been nice to have an answering machine.

I'm quite surprised and disappointed that SnapVRS interpreters are not able OR allowed to leave video messages. I do know the FCC allows VRS companies to get reimbursed for the costs associated with providing video mail services, so I cannot understand SnapVRS's inability to do so/business decision not to do so, whatever the reason is.

I can only guess that perhaps the SnapVRS interpreters do not use Ojos at their centers. If that's the case, then that would explain why because Ojo video mail only works when connected to another Ojo.

In my opinion, SnapVRS would do well to enable video mail by SnapVRS interpreters. I hope that Snap is working hard with Worldgate (the Ojo supplier/manufacturer) to make the Ojo that much more deaf-friendly, as follows, which would make it more competitive with the Sorenson VP-200:

Needed Ojo Software Improvements:
* Allow users to key in planned phone number.
* Allow Snap interpreters to leave video messages (I understand Sorenson is working on enabling this kind of feature in the future so Snap better snap to it).
* Allow VCO users to put in a permanently stored VCO number (at least on the 900, which does not have good audio based on my experiences so far) that a SnapVRS interpreter could automatically see, just like Sorenson's today.

Needed Ojo Hardware Improvements:
* Optimize video screen size for sign language users. The current size and format is usable, but can be improved. One of my deaf friends complained to me recently that he's noticed SnapVRS interpreters scrunching their shoulders to "fit" within the user's Ojo video frame.
* Optimize viewing angles...they are quite small on the current screen, meaning I can barely see the interpreter from the side while my wife's using the Ojo. That's not the case with my VP-200 plugged into a regular TV.
* Available RJ-11 phone jack for light signalling systems to alert users of incoming calls.
* Built-in handset for VCO users to reduce background/echo/buzz noise issues that currently plague the 900 model.

Desirable Ojo improvements:
* Re-design Ojo to make it more portable. This would probably only appeal to Deafies that travel on business or pleasure often enough.
* Configure video mail software to allow Non-Ojo users (i.e., VP-100/200, Dlink, webcam) to leave video messages on the Ojo.

Can any other current Ojo user add suggested improvements?

I have the Ojo now - for the first time.

After I saved two phone addresses on the list, I clicked the username. It dialed two seconds, it showed up on the screen that says "Ojo Unavailable."
What does this mean?

Do I need to dial 1 and the area code for my local town?

Back