Anyone get SnapVRS?

I tried the Ojo and didn't like it. Damn, VP-200 outdid everything else out there. But I use HOVRS though.

Right now, I have an Ojo and VP-200 working on the same network. There are two problems I've noticed with the Ojo: 1) No way to hook it (PVP-900 model (black)) up to my home alert signalling system since there's no RJ-11 jack like there is on a VP-200 (the PVP-1000 (silver one) DOES have an RJ-11 jack); and 2) It seems on every other call my wife and I make on the Ojo, the interpreter complains of a hum/buzzing sound that makes it somewhat difficult for her to follow the hearing person's speaking. I've verified with my hearing daughter that there's no background noise in the house, so there's a connection issue possibly. I've emailed SnapVRS about both issues in the last few weeks and have not received any responses at all...this is disappointing.

However, the Ojo has a lot of promise as a competitive VP...now if SnapVRS technical support would just respond to my requests for assistance. They basically have one shot at gaining the trust of the Deaf community and they cannot afford to blow it.

Right now, I have an Ojo and VP-200 working on the same network. There are two problems I've noticed with the Ojo: 1) No way to hook it (PVP-900 model (black)) up to my home alert signalling system since there's no RJ-11 jack like there is on a VP-200 (the PVP-1000 (silver one) DOES have an RJ-11 jack); and 2) It seems on every other call my wife and I make on the Ojo, the interpreter complains of a hum/buzzing sound that makes it somewhat difficult for her to follow the hearing person's speaking. I've verified with my hearing daughter that there's no background noise in the house, so there's a connection issue possibly. I've emailed SnapVRS about both issues in the last few weeks and have not received any responses at all...this is disappointing.

However, the Ojo has a lot of promise as a competitive VP...now if SnapVRS technical support would just respond to my requests for assistance. They basically have one shot at gaining the trust of the Deaf community and they cannot afford to blow it.

Give them a call and ask for Tech support department. There should be one. I remembered when I played online league via PC and hearings use voice chat and they texted me and told me they hear the humming sounds and noises from me. I asked hearing person that visited my place if she heard any sounds and she doesn't hear anything. Maybe it's the Vp-100/vp200 causing this? It must be not related to Ojo.

I am surprised about the hum noise. I'll find out when I receive the Ojo in the mail.

I was told that I can bring it at a hotel or my friend's house with his/her cable. Isn't that wonderful?

It sounds good but cable .. hmmm you meant internet cable? Cuz some families/friends don't have internets over there. That's why I'm concern.

I am surprised about the hum noise. I'll find out when I receive the Ojo in the mail.

I was told that I can bring it at a hotel or my friend's house with his/her cable. Isn't that wonderful?

It sounds good but cable .. hmmm you meant internet cable? Cuz some families/friends don't have internets over there. That's why I'm concern.

My friend told me you can use boardband wireless card via Laptop to use Ojo pluged in your laptop and take it anywhere.

modem for the broadband Internet connection, DSL
no pc/computer
use my phone number
smooth picture

Too good to be true.

My friend just got his Ojo in mail from SnapVRS. It was awesome! I can't wait for mine to come in. Wow Sorenson had to send installers to your house being nosey or the installers could be a sex pervert. It happened in my former hometown... this man from houston is VP installer he only go to girl's houses to install VPs mostly and the men has to wait longer for their VP. Later we learned that this VP installer is interest in meeting girls. The girls around my former hometown talk about how disgusting this VP installer is by flirting with them. I didn't like any installers coming to my house since I know how to install any electroic equitments. Send them in mail is awesome like SnapVRS did. Nice!

I heard simple story here about Connecticut's vrs guy that upsetted few women. :pissed:

I was told that OJO is not really free as paid monthly?. $9.95 or $4.95 monthly?. :dunno:

Finally, sorenosn vrs worker came to pick VP-100 from my home yesterday SINCE I asked them for request to pick it up last feburary 2007. That define be poor service cuz they only go for new cusmoter and not bother to pick vp-100 or vp-200 what people wants its to be return back. I am 10 minutes from deaf school?! :thumbd:

So, I am waiting for better one like pager got better today. :thumb:

I will check OJO or SnapVRS out at my friends's since it is simple to install and get another one for hearing ones.

I was told that OJO is not really free as paid monthly?. $9.95 or $4.95 monthly?. :dunno:

Finally, sorenosn vrs worker came to pick VP-100 from my home yesterday SINCE I asked them for request to pick it up last feburary 2007. That define be poor service cuz they only go for new cusmoter and not bother to pick vp-100 or vp-200 what people wants its to be return back. I am 10 minutes from deaf school?! :thumbd:

So, I am waiting for better one like pager got better today. :thumb:

I will check OJO or SnapVRS out at my friends's since it is simple to install and get another one for hearing ones.

Ojo is SnapVRS. It's free for deaf user. They will required you to use VP100 or use AIM to instant message them to confirm for approval. I called throught VP after they sent me email for me to give them a call. So they approved me and will email me the tracking number whenever they are ready to ship to me. But for hearing person wanting Ojo to chat with you ... can buy Ojo from SnapVRS but will pay monthly service.. I dont know what it is for but that what their website said. But lucky I am deaf user and does not have to pay for anything but the highspeed.

I have noticed some of you say about the ojo is recommend? It is like prefer have hearing/family/friend call the OJO to OJO instead of using VRS?

I am not speaking for VP/SNAP/CRAP VRS. I know this topic is speaking about the video - cam,phone,mobile, and instant.

It seems complaint because some of you didn't get the VP200 and purpose to reject over those issue...

Look at Sorenson VRS and when you input the zip code. It tells you whatever it is ready for upgrade or not.

It will go same with SnapVRS and SorensonVRS product to use and not everyone is getting at the same time.

Its take time and processing. I had to patient to get VP200 and if they are inviting us the VP200. I don't know how can VP200 installed once? Same idea for cable company or the telephone service can't installed 900,000 for one day. Probably 500 per customer a day to get their service fix but they had to paid for service fee.

Which we all of us don't pay the fee service for those videophone or the ojo problem. We should thankful for that but myself personal. I am willing to pay the service to use feature of those stuff.

I mean, what wrong with each service... its a videophone that Sorenson provided us. We can use the VP100 or VP200 use any VRS. I am wonder which the VRS prefer us use VP100/200 than the webcam or ojo due the quality picture and sign clarify the picture?

It just a question and wonder about the product which VRS prefer us to use and better communicate for interpreter?

Its take a time until the processing get alot better. For example; when there are high speed release to public using the internet. I remember I order the Earthlink DSL in 1998 and it almost taking forever that take 2 months to turn service on. One week later, its stop working due vend contract between Earthlink and the DSL service disagree with vend contract. It will do same thing when the new service start because it worth billion dollar to do fast service so that would be around 800,000 dollars to start service to expanding until right now it is better. I order the DSL and it take one week to turn on and all the stuff ready to go. Compare two months and one week which has improved.

We need give the VRS a break instead whining.

I really like deafnewspaper make a example about VRS Tip, I agree and learn that some people do half nude while making a call. It just strange and not comfortable.

It seems complaint because some of you didn't get the VP200 and purpose to reject over those issue...

Look at Sorenson VRS and when you input the zip code. It tells you whatever it is ready for upgrade or not.

It will go same with SnapVRS and SorensonVRS product to use and not everyone is getting at the same time.

Its take time and processing. I had to patient to get VP200 and if they are inviting us the VP200. I don't know how can VP200 installed once? Same idea for cable company or the telephone service can't installed 900,000 for one day. Probably 500 per customer a day to get their service fix but they had to paid for service fee.

The problem with the zip code function at the Sorenson website is that it doesn't accurately reflect Sorenson's readiness/intent to distribute VP-200s. I have the VP-200, and my deaf friends in my area all still have VP-100s and they got them before I got my VP-100. The truth is that Sorenson distributes the VP-200s to only those who make the most calls. I cannot blame them because they are in business to make a profit. Part of making a profit is to ensure that your capital investments (i.e., VPs) get utilized in the most effective manner possible. In the VRS industry, this means whoever calls the most.

I don't think Sorenson will give out VP-200s to current VP-100 users who make only 1 or 2 calls a month...they'll never get their money back that they spent on acquiring the VP.

I have a VP200, and it is a nice model.

I noticed that the TV screen is a "snowy" when I contact someone with her/his VP100.

VP relay's screen is clear when you contact a VP relay. I feel that the company prefers its service to be more clear screen than VP to VP.

Another reason is that I like to have an Ojo because I didn't want to miss a TV show so I have two eyes - one is for Ojo and another is VP200. :giggle:

(Someone told me that Ojo is much clearer than the VP200, but she doesn't have the Ojo. :dunno2:)

I forgot to tell you that I think that Ojo's tech support service is somewhat poor, but it does give you to look up the links that you are looking for the answers without the agent's "personal" e-letter. I am not saying that they are afraid to write to deaf people, but it seems that way. I guess that the Ojo is a very small company with a few employees. Who knows.

I have a VP200, and it is a nice model.

I have a VP200 too and think it's a great videophone designed for Deaf users.

I noticed that the TV screen is a "snowy" when I contact someone with her/his VP100.

I noticed the same thing too. However, I think the problem is that the VP200 video processor is better quality than the older VP100 video processor.

Another reason is that I like to have an Ojo because I didn't want to miss a TV show so I have two eyes - one is for Ojo and another is VP200. :giggle:

You can solve your TV dilemma by doing one of several things: Get a TIVO DVR to record your favorite shows...once you get in habit of using a TIVO, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it before; use a light signalling system to tell you a call is coming in, then use a audio/video switcher device to switch to your VP200 video input to your TV. Of course, with the OJO, no switching is required...I love the integrated screen on my OJO.

(Someone told me that Ojo is much clearer than the VP200, but she doesn't have the Ojo. :dunno2:)

Having both OJO and VP200, I can tell you that picture quality is similar (as long as you call direct to same device i.e., OJO to OJO or VP200 to VP200). If you call from OJO to VP200, the picture on the VP200 is very grainy, but the picture on the OJO will be very clear. The technical reason I believe is that the OJO uses a more advanced MPEG4 video codec to send video, but the VP200 doesn't have the necessary MPEG4 video decoding capability, so the VP200 receives the OJO video stream and displays it in MPEG2 format, meaning the video quality is basically cut right in half. On the other hand, the VP200 sends MPEG2 video data to the OJO, and the OJO's powerful MPEG4 decoder easily can handle the older video standard data. I hope no one got confused by this explanation :eek3:

I forgot to tell you that I think that Ojo's tech support service is somewhat poor, but it does give you to look up the links that you are looking for the answers without the agent's "personal" e-letter. I am not saying that they are afraid to write to deaf people, but it seems that way.

I've sent messages to SnapVRS technical support a few times in the last couple of weeks, but received no response. However, my friend suggested I try the SnapVRS chat connection on their website. I got someone within a couple of minutes and had a good chat with a technical support person about a couple of my OJO issues. Their knowledge database is quite extensive, which is helpful for most things.

I guess that the Ojo is a very small company with a few employees. Who knows.

Actually, the company that makes the OJO is called WorldGate Communications. They made the OJO originally for hearies and they still market them to hearies. It so happens that Snap Telecommunications, the company that owns/runs SnapVRS, is now under Aequus Technologies. Aequus and Worldgate have an agreement for Worldgate to provide OJOs for SnapVRS purposes.

I am rooting for SnapVRS and Worldgate to succeed with the OJO. I think that SnapVRS will work hard to ensure that the OJO meets our Deaf telecom needs by working with Worldgate as needed. For example, I recently contacted SnapVRS tech support about how to connect my Alertmaster light signaller to the OJO. I was told that there's no way to do that. Must use a light flasher that depends on sounds from the OJO ringing (rather than pluging in a telephone line.) The tech support person suggested that SnapVRS is looking into the possibility of enabling OJOs to allow plug-in light flashers sometime in the future. If they continue to work to make the OJO more deaf-friendly, it will certainly gain favor in amongst us Deafies.

I am thinking of a 3rd party device for a signaler (flasher) to plug a telephone line on Ojo. I will have to buy one, and mine was broken. I forgot what brand was it. I buried it somewhere in my huge mess in the basement. I hate to clean it up, and I need to push myself to do it. I am thinking about it this week at some nights. I need a piece of mind after cleaning it up. The problem is that I saved so many of my grandmother's junk stuff, and I realized that I never looked at them. It's time for me to get rid of them. Maybe, I would find a box that has never opened, and it could be an Ojo phone. Smile.

you know, you can use webcam as VRS or point to point, use VideoSign software running on your computer. Work only on Windows XP and Vista.

Back