Animal Cruelty?

Yeah, I'm very against animal cruelty. It's a shame when the owners get off scot free, when they SHOULD pay HEAVY FINES or at least get a jail term as a safe deterrent against doing that. If they think they CAN get off free, then they probably will do it without regard to the feelings of the animals. They don't see that they have feelings too.

e said:
Those sick f--k SOFB, I want to kill them like how they killed these animals. I want them to suffer and never forget the pain.
I never forget how people f--kin ingored this poor dead dog on the middle of the road which got escaped from the backyard. I was too shocked when I saw his poor 10 years old body, I had to stop the traffic and get someone to pick it up. This is like you're ingoring SOMEBODY dead on the road and then just run over it.
I cried after I hit a squirrel, it happened all fast I couldn't stop the car so soon. After I looked back, it was crippling and struggling to get off the road before any other cars would hit it. The SUV behind me was swuvering and missed it.... But there were lots of cars behind it, I couldn't bear to watch it. I haven't gone on that road until a few days later.

yeah Idid cried too when this older kitten changed it's mind when He/she finally made it across st but changed it's mind and turn around hit part of my tire while I was on road for newspaper deliever few years ago. My ex tells me grow up etc.. I have drove since 1986 and never hit 1 animal... few years ago (5-6 yrs ago not sure exactly) finally hit my first animal boy I was soo upset that day... I pulled over to see if kitten is ok but turn out. no good and she finally went into peace I kept telling kitten Im sorry she was looking at me and then peacefully gone.. then i moved to near tree since i don't know where she/he lives soo i went to finish my route ( had 5 papers left) then came back few hour later so I won't have to wake people up at 5 am to find an owner no one know who owns the kitten i felt so bad and so since then I wonder who owns that kitten !!! still unknown!

Wendy

Animal cruelty is my biggest enemy. In my lifetime, I fought several people including researchers (used animals in research), rodeos, and animal hunters who did animal cruelty and/or made sick jokes of animal killings. Modern rodeos, researchers, and hunters are a graphic portrait of animal cruelty.

For instance, Chrysler's sponsorship of rodeo funds calf roping, steer wrestling and roping, wild cow milking and other unnatural events in which unwilling, gentle animals are bullied into submission.

Three years ago, Coca-Cola rescinded its rodeo sponsorship, due to the inhumane treatment of animals. Numerous investigative videos and media reports have exposed routine animal cruelty on the rodeo circuit.

I cannot purchase products from any company that helps to sustain the brutalization of animals.

The following poem, “A Black Rabbit Dies For its Country” written by Gavin Ewart, and extracted from page 8 of “Poetry For Living” outlines a rabbit’s feelings, emotions and views of living in a laboratory, and experiencing laboratory life.

“A Black Rabbit Dies For it's Country”

Born in the lab, I never saw the grass
or felt the direct touch of wind or sun
and if a rabbit’s nature is to run
free on the earth, I missed it: though the glass
never let shot shoot or predators pass,

while I was warm against my mother’s side
something was waiting in the centrifuge
(the world’s a cage, although that cage is huge)
and separate I lived until I died-
watered and fed, I didn’t fret, inside,

and all the time I was waiting for the paste,
scooped with a spatula from the metal rim,
the concentrate bacillus at the brim,
and lived the life of feeling and taste,
I didn’t know it. Knowing would be a waste,

in any case, and anthrax is the hard,
stuff that knocks out the mice, the dogs, the men,
you haven’t any chance at all and when
they’ve finished with you, you’re down on a card
how could I know to be upon my guard,

when they pushed the container into line,
with the infected airstream?Breath is life:
though something more deadly than a knife
cut into me, I was still feeling fine,
and never guessed the next death would be mine-

how many minutes later lungs would choke
as feet beat out the seconds like a drum,
hands held me on the table:this was a sum
with the predictable ending of a joke
fighting I died, and no god even spoke.

Gee, it really sucks when people hit animals and not care. They should at least stop and check the animal's okay. Yeah, I feel sorry for animals that are made to act for people's entertainment benefit. It's mean and horrible.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
does killing a Deer, Duck, or fish count? to be honest, I kill Deer, Ducks, Fishes, Woodchuck, and Bugs. :)

I don't think that is animal Cruelty in it as long as you eat them.

Funny? You're an :asshole:

SilenceGold said:
My family is full of hunters...including me.

Get a medal.

Cannot wait to see a newspaper one of those days to find your name in firearms accidents during a hunting season.

There are too many people mistreating animals... For the simple fact that they can not defend themselves. Their should be a higher punishment given to those who mistreat animals. These poor creatures can't defend themselfs and if they were to they'd be killed.

Ironically, last week on the news, there were two guys wanted for animal cruelty in my area. We were warned to keep alert for those guys. People had posted warnings everywhere. Those men had killed 40 cats which were discovered amputated in every way...obviously by a person in my area! I own a cat! My god....I've kept my cat in my home ever since I heard about it. I'm really pissed about that. It's horrible than a sex offender living in the neigborhood! :madfawk:
I just hope those men are caught and sentence for ten years to life...and force them to social with animals such as training dogs or whatever. That'll put some sense into them that animals are very loving!

Deaf Reaper said:
Reasons? Do you believe in animal cruelty? If so, may I have your home address?

did i say I was for animal cruelty? I'm against the organization thats an embarassment to the animal world ;)

I just finished reading a book called Next of Kin, by Roger Fouts. He’s a psychologist who taught a group of chimpanzees to communicate in American Sign Language back in the early 70’s. He was the first primate researcher to prove that chimps are not only capable of communicating in a human language, they can learn a large number of signs and form complete sentences using grammatically correct ASL. He also proved that they teach their offspring ASL, with no coercion from humans.

Fouts later became a primate rights activist after learning about the deplorable conditions found in research labs throughout the United States and Europe. Chimps can live up to 50 years, and they spend their entire lives in isolation in metal cages the size of a washing machine with no blankets or toys or anything else to keep them stimulated. Chimps are just like us—they are sentient beings who are aware of their own existence and possess the full range of human feelings and emotions. Fout’s first chimp was a female named Washoe. Washoe became pregnant twice, but she lost both babies within hours after they were born, and grieved just like a human mother does. When one of Fouts’ research assistants became pregnant with her first child, Washoe showed an intense interest in her pregnancy. The assistant later had a miscarriage. When she returned to work, Washoe ran up to her and signed WHERE YOUR BABY? The assistant signed back MY BABY DIE. Washoe signed back CRY HURRY COME HUG. But these sentient creatures are routinely subjected to severe, torturous abuse in biomedical laboratories. They are subjected to repeated experimentation throughout their lives and are injected with live HIV and hepatitis C viruses, and undergo repeated experimental surgical procedures.

Another one of Fouts’ chimps was a male named Booee who was sold against Fouts’ will to a biomed lab. After Fouts became an animal rights activist, he went on national television to expose the conditions that these primates are forced to live in. He went to the lab where Booee was being kept, along with Hugh Downs and a camera crew from 20/20. Booee was lying face down in his cage, motionless. He had given up all will to live. As soon as he saw Fouts, he screamed with joy and signed ROGER ROGER HURRY COME HUG BOOEE. Fouts and Booee hadn’t seen each other in 17 years. After a few hours, Fouts had to say goodbye to Booee. Booee curled up in the corner of his cage, crying and rocking back and forth.

The story has a happy ending, though. Fouts later raised enough money to buy Booee back from the lab and transfer him to a wild animal refuge in Los Angeles, where he now lives in a large open air enclosure with 25 other chimps. Fouts has also been successful in persuading Congress to mandate legislation that improves the conditions found in the biomedical industry. After more than 30 years of working with chimpanzees, Fouts is still actively working to achieve a global recognition of the rights of non-human primates.

http://www.friendsofwashoe.org

http://www.cwu.edu/~cwuchci/

Here's where Booee lives now:

http://www.wildlifewaystation.org

Attachments

• ao7840-001.jpg
    ao7840-001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Deaf Reaper said:
Funny? You're an :asshole:

i don't think it's funny.. in fact hunting matters.. do u eat meat? like cow meat, pig meat, chicken, turkey?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i don't think it's funny.. in fact hunting matters.. do u eat meat? like cow meat, pig meat, chicken, turkey?
DeafScuba98, Yeah I do eating the meats but i'm not murder.. They did murder it.. *hmmmm* Espically I do not like Hunting eg: Deers, wild animals wha...ever...

I do not like anyone who attempted murder dogs/cats for no reason.. There very good illigentant.. (sp).. whatever..

:)

Bullym0m said:
DeafScuba98, Yeah I do eating the meats but i'm not murder.. They did murder it.. *hmmmm* Espically I do not like Hunting eg: Deers, wild animals wha...ever...

I do not like anyone who attempted murder dogs/cats for no reason.. There very good illigentant.. (sp).. whatever..

:)

I eat animals but I don't hunt. But I'm sure that animals that I ate were killed humanely. Even my pets ate animals. :dizzy:

Are my pets cruel to animals as well? :roll:

tekkmortal said:
I eat animals but I don't hunt. But I'm sure that animals that I ate were killed humanely. Even my pets ate animals. :dizzy:

Does throwing a alive pig onto the fryer sounds humane?

I never heard of that way of cooking. Does your mom throw a live pig into the fryer?

tekkmortal said:

What's not humane is making the animal suffer.... in other words, prolonged torture to the death. It's not necessary. Throwing a live pig into the fryer is torture, it won't die immediately from that, but will eventually. It's in pain.

But for hunting, the wise/good hunters know that they'd have to shoot right, and if they don't, they run over and finish it up quickly.

Pets eat animals, yes. It's animal nature. Pretator and the Prey.

Humans just should know better that all living beings have feelings -- should think more about how they would feel if they were thrown into the fryer alive themselves. They'd shake with fear, right? You don't want to go thru that, and you shouldn't let others go thru that neither. Remember, we're all animals too!

Sweet_KJ said:
What's not humane is making the animal suffer.... in other words, prolonged torture to the death. It's not necessary. Throwing a live pig into the fryer is torture, it won't die immediately from that, but will eventually. It's in pain.

But for hunting, the wise/good hunters know that they'd have to shoot right, and if they don't, they run over and finish it up quickly.

Pets eat animals, yes. It's animal nature. Pretator and the Prey.

Humans just should know better that all living beings have feelings -- should think more about how they would feel if they were thrown into the fryer alive themselves. They'd shake with fear, right? You don't want to go thru that, and you shouldn't let others go thru that neither. Remember, we're all animals too!

KJ's comments: Pets eat animals, yes. It's animal nature. Pretator and the Prey.
My answer: Agreed! but Humans aren't pretator and the prey too???
Humans still pretator and prey for animal likely: cows/Pigs/Chickens as such needy for foods too.. Is that still part of as we are prey ?

Hi Everyone good topic Bullymom I am very much against animal cruelty too and I do hate to see animals suffering... worst thing I would ever wanted to see... Some people out there dont deserved animals that dont know how to take care of them well.. or pamper them... Good thing that they have laws now to protect animals rights!!...

Well.. fishing can be animal cruelity.. because of hook.. the hook hurts their mouth.. and u eat fish.. u cut them alive.. i do that every summer.. and to me.. i don't think it's animal cruelity as long as u eat it.. we humans are so-called "animals" too.. i believe we are animals..

Back