Animal Cruelty?

I watch the animal cops and animal precinct on animal planet. Some of the shit I see on there is mind boggling. I am glad these people get caught and their ass in jail.

Originally posted by Loki
:eek: you guys gotta get a reality- some of you guys bitch and moan about dogs and cats when they're actually treating animals that end up on your dinner plate worse.

You guys step and kill on spiders or insects without any second thoughts about it, yet they are animals-

how about....mammel-animal cruelty, is that better topic? :lol:

Since we are on the topic, let's talk about roadkills.
My sister has this weird idea that if any animal is on the road, she is entitled to kill them with her big pick-up truck. The only exception are dogs.
Today, I was riding with my sister as we were doing errands in the town. I counted several times that my sister drove over dead animal bodies. Finally, I told her that it was really disgusting that she drives over dead animals. Think of their feelings of their dead bodies being run over several times and being smashed to the road?! My sister said to me: "C'mon, the animals are dead already!"
So I asked her: "What if Rocky (my sister's dog) was dead on the road, and other cars run over Rocky several times, making him flat to the road?!" She said "Oh, please, I would take Rocky off the road already before any cars could smash him more." I said: "No, what if Rocky escaped and you weren't at home. He is on the road all day. How would you feel?!" She was like "Stop it. It is different thing than wild animals on the road." I said: "No, both are animals, same thing!" She didn't agree with me.

What do you think?! I never want to kill animals on the road, nor run over their dead bodies. I think that's cruel to do, even after their death. Or do you think I am overreacting?!

Originally posted by kuifje75
My sister has this weird idea that if any animal is on the road, she is entitled to kill them with her big pick-up truck. The only exception are dogs.
Today, I was riding with my sister as we were doing errands in the town. I counted several times that my sister drove over dead animal bodies. Finally, I told her that it was really disgusting that she drives over dead animals. Think of their feelings of their dead bodies being run over several times and being smashed to the road?! My sister said to me: "C'mon, the animals are dead already!"
So I asked her: "What if Rocky (my sister's dog) was dead on the road, and other cars run over Rocky several times, making him flat to the road?!" She said "Oh, please, I would take Rocky off the road already before any cars could smash him more." I said: "No, what if Rocky escaped and you weren't at home. He is on the road all day. How would you feel?!" She was like "Stop it. It is different thing than wild animals on the road." I said: "No, both are animals, same thing!" She didn't agree with me.

What do you think?! I never want to kill animals on the road, nor run over their dead bodies. I think that's cruel to do, even after their death. Or do you think I am overreacting?!

:werd: Thats something to think about...I don't like driving over dead animals...that aint right! Thats really digusting when people run over dead animals like its nothing. :roll:

I definitely am thinking about roadkill, here in MASS especially in the WEST i see many dead bodies of animals laying on the road, such as possums, squirrels, even saw one CAT.... it was disgusting, i had to call the town to clean it up because it was too sad for me... I am so against animal cruelty, one of my classmates killed a mouse by using rubber glue on a project then wouldnt wash its hands then held the mouse, the mouse died within 1 day. i was soooooooooooooooooooooo ANGRY! i never talked to my classmate ever since, because its ridiclious, NOT TO CARE about animals, it pisses me off totally!

YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE: who hates animals, if you kill animals you get treated like a criminal, just like when people kill people. Keep animals alive!

you guys gotta get a reality- some of you guys bitch and moan about dogs and cats when they're actually treating animals that end up on your dinner plate worse.

You guys step and kill on spiders or insects without any second thoughts about it, yet they are animals-

(whoaa excuse me, if u were like a spider to another crimialist, you wouldnt feel fine, u would feel SCARED, even DEAD!) so think twice and support animals as they are human.....

~Heather~ said:
I thought it was done for real in life...but found out it was all hoax. I got an email Kitten Bonsai and later I got email with link that said "Kitten Bonsai" is all HOAX. It doesn't happen in real life. It's all bsbs, fake pictures of them..blah blah.

You can find more about it on WWW...I found one site for you all to read:

http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/bonsai.html

Thank god for that being a hoax. I remember receiving an email about that site and I was crying my eyes out for those poor kittens in those glass boxes. Damn those people!
:rl:

I have come across a lot of dead kangaroos, wombats, cats and dogs on the streets (more of in the country on the freeway)...it's very saddening seeing that.

kuifje75 said:

Even if they're alive?

If so, then that is so inhumane.

We are animals too just like they are. Animals deserve the same treatment as a human being would.... with respect.

You are definitely not overreacting. To me, that kind of actions just strike to me as such a sadistic act.

kuifje75 said:

No offence, kuifje -- I think your sister's gone mental and needs to have her head checked by a psychiatric. That sort of behaviour's not 'normal' at all -- thinking she's entitled to run over animals on the road whilst she's behind the wheel. :crazy:
I think I'd steer clear of her if I saw her in real life.

Grr. Now that person is gonna get a ravaging! How can ppl do this for fun. That aint right. They deserve to feel thier pain. Like the movie Powder when he made the Deputy feel the deer's pain when laying already shot.

:madfawk: Nice people huh? No.. I think its mean. I am AGAINST animal Cruelty.
If the person cannot handle, take care, allergies, or getting too tired of having too many animals, they could ALWAYS take to the Humane Society to see if someone else could adopt it. I love working with animals that had been not yet adopted or something. I love working at the Humane Socitey. :ily:

Awww, I HATE thinking of my cat being hit by a car. I'm just fortunate where I live it probably won't happen to him. A friend had her kitten hit by a car only a few months after getting the kitten for her birthday. That was sad. And I've heard stories of other people's pets getting hit by cars, it's sad when people don't care enough to stop and check the animal's alive and even return it to its owner. Animal cruelty should be stopped at once.

Ziusudra

It makes me remember a couple of incidents that happened to me some years back. The first one, I had been driving back home to Santa Rosa from the Bay Area one night. I was on the freeway, going about 55mph (approx 70kmph) when I saw a cat run across the freeway and disappeared under my car. I don't know if I had hit the cat or not because I didn't feel a bump or anything, but I got traumatised from the thought of the possibility of hitting it. :cry:

The 2nd one was in 1998...I was on my way home from work one night...was driving on a street -- all of a sudden a cat ran out in front of me...I couldn't stop in time and I did hit it. I stopped and reversed to check if the cat was still alive or not. Unfortunately, it was dead. I was so upset and cried all the way home. I couldn't take the cat back to its owner at all because there were no ID on the cat.

does killing a Deer, Duck, or fish count? to be honest, I kill Deer, Ducks, Fishes, Woodchuck, and Bugs. :)

I don't think that is animal Cruelty in it as long as you eat them.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
does killing a Deer, Duck, or fish count? to be honest, I kill Deer, Ducks, Fishes, Woodchuck, and Bugs. :)

I don't think that is animal Cruelty in it as long as you eat them.

My family is full of hunters...including me.

Ok, FYI Animal Cruelty is against the law in most states -- if there's no laws in your state, please write a letter to your state rep requesting one in place. Reason is because it is a fact that a person abusing an animal is capable of hurting a human being. That's why it's best to catch animal abusers before they go further down the road. I'm a big ASPCA supporter, have worked with them.

Regarding "road kill" -- it is unfortunate that animals do run across highways and roads, but sometimes must just move on, I hate the thought of running over any living thing, but to save your own butt it's better to just keep going straight (imagine being on a busy highway, and you see an animal run across right in front of you. Would you brake and cause a major accident that could be fatal or you or other drivers/passengers, or move on and just pray for a quick passage to heaven for the animal?) If the road isn't busy at all, say closest car is at least 1 mile away, maybe you could swerve around but the animal is unpredictable too, and you don't want to end up in the gutter :(

I LOVE animals, but sometimes unfortunate things does happen. We are animals too, and freak accidents does happen to us, too-- it's the same for those animals running across the road/hwy.

Hunting isn't a totally horrible thing -- it's not cruelty unless hunters do it just for the game of it (which true hunters don't do, others, unfortunately are the A-Holes who ruin it for everyone else) -- we are all part of the food chain, even us humans (think about it, after our deaths, bugs and maggots love us, sorry for the gory). Personally I'm a vegetarian because I can't stand the taste of meat, not because I'm a self-righteous animal activist. Yes, sometimes meat come from cruel slaughterhouses, but laws and regulations are gradually changing it.

The only thing we can do for animals is to stop intended and motivated (however sick they are) abuse!

Ok, I'll get off my soap-box :D

two days ago i had to notify the humane soceity that a stray dog was running in and out of traffic endangering the safety of others this was one big dog who seem not to have a care in the world, So i drove down ( yes i speed down) to get humane soceity to please get that dog out of the road sure enuff they did within 10 mins and brought the dog back just as i was leaving he's now in the isolation unit waiting for clearance on his test if the owners do not respond by 14 days they will put the dog up for adoption otherwise if no one replies or sees the dog by a certain amount of time or day that dog will have to be put to sleep, which is a sad thing! dang :(

DeafAlwAyZRawKs said:
:mad2: :o :mad2: :ugh:

I recently read a newspaper article about Animal abuse/cruelty... One place near Harvard Garage, a street named Beacon Hill RD which i live nearby..anyways.. this sicko! sick fuck! killed over 60 cats, 1 mulated dog. and different dead animals STOCKED in her freezer, such as, birds/hamsters/mices/ n other kind of Animals.

Do u think its reasonable to have animal cruelty?

I personally am against it, i own 3 ferrets, i love them to death, my family owns more than few dogs, I love them, my neighbor has tons of CATS, i love them. and i am part of the PETA originazation.. heres my debative question

Is it NEEDED to beat up animals?

Those sick f--k SOFB, I want to kill them like how they killed these animals. I want them to suffer and never forget the pain.
I never forget how people f--kin ingored this poor dead dog on the middle of the road which got escaped from the backyard. I was too shocked when I saw his poor 10 years old body, I had to stop the traffic and get someone to pick it up. This is like you're ingoring SOMEBODY dead on the road and then just run over it.
I cried after I hit a squirrel, it happened all fast I couldn't stop the car so soon. After I looked back, it was crippling and struggling to get off the road before any other cars would hit it. The SUV behind me was swuvering and missed it.... But there were lots of cars behind it, I couldn't bear to watch it. I haven't gone on that road until a few days later.

Back