AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

Well, that's one of the key things to weight loss. You should not deprive yourself of a few favorites, just keep it in moderation and move on from there.

The other thing I should have mentioned, I also switched to whole wheat and whole grain pasta. It makes you feel full with less and has the added fiber to help your weight loss.

I really like ice cream, so I get it, but I buy Blue Bunny made with Splenda. This way, it's still lower in calories and I still get my treat.

I did already make the whole grain switch! I love Healthy Harvest pasta!!!! I haven't tried the Blue Bunny, I will give that a whirl :)

I have just cut my fat intake, increased my veggies and cut my sugar intake. I am watching my portions more and do not eat any fried food anymore. I try to follow along with Weight Watchers, but I don't really like have to keep to keep track on their points system and their core plan left me wanting to eat too much and I didn't lose.

Basically, I am just trying to eat healthier and with better portions. I have also upped my exercise when I can. My afternoons were my downfall as that is when I crave munchies. Instead of slices of ham and turkey, I now have an apple with fat free caramel dip. (I don't like apples and have to have them with something.) I also have cut out all creamy salad dressings. I make vinagrette dressings to suit my taste. Lots of seasonings and such.

For breakfast I go from oatmeal with grape nuts cereal, raisins, 1 tbls of brown sugar and 1 tbls of butter, to an omlet with Egg Beaters, with turkey bacon, low fat cheese, onion and green pepper and have low fat sour cream and salsa on it. I also do multi-grain english muffins with low-fat cream cheese.

That's just an idea.

I tend to eat bigger portions than I need especially when I eat in a resturant so I'll need to work on that.

My breakfasts tend to range anywhere from oatmeal with milk, toast with jam, a single scrambled egg topped with Salsa (one egg with 1 T of skim milk and hot sauce) and English muffins. I'm thinking of adding fruit to my breakfast because I'm having problems with insane craving for sweets.

I like to use roast garlic with olive oil as a spread. I love using FF sour cream on my mashed potatoes and I plan to have pork tenderloin from last's week dinner with salad and mashed potatoes tomorrow.

I've lost two pounds so far! If I keep losing weight at the end of six weeks, I'm rewarding myself by dying my hair black.

I've lost two pounds so far! If I keep losing weight at the end of six weeks, I'm rewarding myself by dying my hair black.

Congrats!!!! I have hit a minor plateau, but I will get back to losing here shortly. I've been toying with the idea of dying my hair again. My gray is growing in lopsided. I started going gray at 16 and started dying my hair medium auburn (natural color) since then, but gave it up about 3 years ago as the allergies really went off and my hair started to fall out. Need to find a gentle hair color for allergy prone heads and one that will cover the gray.

Congrats!!!! I have hit a minor plateau, but I will get back to losing here shortly. I've been toying with the idea of dying my hair again. My gray is growing in lopsided. I started going gray at 16 and started dying my hair medium auburn (natural color) since then, but gave it up about 3 years ago as the allergies really went off and my hair started to fall out. Need to find a gentle hair color for allergy prone heads and one that will cover the gray.

Eeek. It has never occured to me that hair dye could cause allergies. For a long time, I wouldn't wear make up cuz I am prone to skin allergies and I will break out into eczema.

For those you who envy my clear complexion, don't worry. Sooner or later, I'll break into a bout of eczema. :P

oh wow I'm really liking the results some of you are putting in!!! If you have any questions on any type of fitness related topic please feel free to ask me! In case you don't know who I am, my name is John Mckinstry and I currently work as a Fitness Trainer for the Deaf in the state of colorado! So if you have any questions please as right away and I'll be more than happy to help!
Thanks,
~John

Wow!! Forgot about this thread.

I stopped trying for the weight loss, but still lost an additional 15 pounds. I have now put some back on as I am having problems with exercising. I can't balance on my feet too well, and have problems with walking now. I do upper body workouts with resistance bands and general stretching exercises that I remember from gymnastics while in school. (I can still do a back bend and can do 5 push ups in the back bend position before my legs hurt too much.)

Hope everyone else is doing well with their weight loss.

Looks like I will be re-joining the weight loss group I was in and hoping to have son help me when I can't follow along. I have put some weight back on and am really upset about it. I'm sure it has to do with the stress of having issues with exercising (both legs are not working) and just dealing with my mother's dementia and MIL's over-bearing nature.

Looks like I will be re-joining the weight loss group I was in and hoping to have son help me when I can't follow along. I have put some weight back on and am really upset about it. I'm sure it has to do with the stress of having issues with exercising (both legs are not working) and just dealing with my mother's dementia and MIL's over-bearing nature.

:hug: sorry to hear that! :( I hope you can get back in gear! I gained a few pounds from not exercising because of my foot. It's makes you feel like crap!

I re-joined the weight loss group last Monday (6/21). They were glad to have me back. I was surprised to learn that I didn't gain as much as I thought I did. In the 5 months of not being with the group, I had only gained 7 pounds. Weigh in is tonight and we will see how things went. I have 80 pounds to go. Hope everyone else is doing well with their goals and efforts.

wow a lot of you guys are doing really well! GOOD WORK! I hope I get to see you guys continue to loose all that weight in the future!

Alldeafs biggest loser? Whats the prize for the winner?

I gained 5 pounds and then I lost 5 pounds. I'm treading water here. :lol:

Had weigh-in tonight. I lost 3.75 pounds!! First week back. Let's see if I can do it again this next week.

Wirelessly posted

good work AD'ers!
hmm.. I notice it is mostly the females who work out around here? :hmm:

I can't gain any weight personally, when I try to splurge and eat, I'll end up feeling sick and need to :barf: it out.

almost like a minor case of bulimia but I don't have that!

:wave: good luck to everyone working on weight/exercise goals! I enjoy working out and used to work out every day but with my previous club closing, breaking my arm, husband's job loss couple years ago and now with three dogs it's been hard to get back into consistency. But I work out several times a week. Am working on tone/strength as I don't need to lose anything. Does anyone have any favorite exercises or machines they like to do?

Back