AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

Does anyone watch the TV programme the "Biggest loser"? Exercise-still in vogue!!

I'll give it a shot. I fell off the wagon over some family birthdays, but I need to resume grain-free and low-carb. My joints feel so much better when I don't eat grains.

A high fish diet-the way to weight lost? Not much carbs in fish I understand. Gee: is it a drawback: to eat sardines instead of cereals for breakfast? Not sure how much "fiber" there is in fish?
Does the "resurrection of old threads" lead to "interesting thoughts"? Thanks KristinaB

A high fish diet-the way to weight lost? Not much carbs in fish I understand. Gee: is it a drawback: to eat sardines instead of cereals for breakfast? Not sure how much "fiber" there is in fish?
Does the "resurrection of old threads" lead to "interesting thoughts"? Thanks KristinaB

Fish is good, if it's a fish you can be sure has low mercury levels. But fish is also expensive, and we're on a budget.

I never eat cereal for breakfast, anyway.

I do not watch Biggest Loser on TV. In fact, I almost never watch TV at all.

I managed to lose 5 pounds last week. I have rejoined my MIL's weight loss group on 3/12, so every Monday night I will have a weigh in.

I need to lose 20 lbs for health reason, my doctor ordered me to lose 5 lbs but I have not done it yet. All those no foods allow make me crave them more. grrr. Good job Kirsten lose 5 lbs. Mabye one day I will post here when I reach my goal. :)

I hope your Doctor advised you why the advice given-lose 20 pounds. Diabetic type 2, Metabolic syndrome? thyroid trouble? whatever.

I weighed 450 lbs a few years ago. Now I weigh slightly under 300. Still NOT good but I've come so far.

I eat healthy, I take martial arts classes, and I lift weights. No cardio except when I'm very bored. Weight lifting 5 days a week keeps my muscles always healing and repairing and my metabolism up. Its also giving muscle to fill in loose skin a bit.

I weighed 450 lbs a few years ago. Now I weigh slightly under 300. Still NOT good but I've come so far.

I eat healthy, I take martial arts classes, and I lift weights. No cardio except when I'm very bored. Weight lifting 5 days a week keeps my muscles always healing and repairing and my metabolism up. Its also giving muscle to fill in loose skin a bit.

Congratulations! That is some hard work.

Congratulations! That is some hard work.

Thanks! It's been a pain sometimes, but I'm in great shape for someone my size. I'm strong and I'm flexible and I'm constantly doing things that I shouldn't be able to do. I've never been a lazy fat person though and that may help. My blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc have always been very normal and I've always ate healthy. I just ate too much of what was healthy. I have muscle and it's nice knowing that I can "hit like a boy" if I need to defend myself. I know martial arts aren't perfect or ideal, especially in a world with guns, but I'd be happy to be able to disable someone enough to run away or get help.

It's been a lot of fun and my life is good and just keeps getting better.

Above is a targeted ad: Chelsea C lost 145 lbs Slimband- check to find out.
Has anyone considered it?

I hope your Doctor advised you why the advice given-lose 20 pounds. Diabetic type 2, Metabolic syndrome? thyroid trouble? whatever.
Yeah I have diabetic type 2 and I gained 5 lbs during the winter. He wanted me to lose 5 lbs but I perfer to be under 23 percent of body fat for hoping to get normal reading on trigicycle (those fat tend to cause diabetic) and stay within normal weight, hoping I will no longer need treatment for trigicycle (mispelling). I am not on medicine for diabetic yet because my AC1 is still under 7.0. Try to stay under then. I need to be back to weight around 145 lbs instead of 158 lbs which I am weight now for my height. :)

As I understand Diabetes type 2 -Metformin can assist in one in trying to decrease weight as well as one increases exercise. Helps decrease insulin which can be "converted to fat".

It is difficult to exercise 5 times a week- a half hour at a time. Jogging or swimming?

Good luck at a solution for you.

Back