AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

No prize except just a good feeling all over. We like to support each other and help each other out.

I know was just thinking about those TV shows and stuff :D

I've lost a bit myself.

I like the elliptical machine that is running up a ramp because you can exercise more muscles all at once. I like to go for efficiency.

Congrats to Kristina! Keep up the good work.

I like the elliptical machine that is running up a ramp because you can exercise more muscles all at once. I like to go for efficiency.

Congrats to Kristina! Keep up the good work.

Thanks SallyLou!!

I use resistance bands and resistance cords. (They didn't cost much) I can't do much of lower body workouts, so I like to strengthen and tone my upper body.

I am coming in very late to this thread, just found it tonight! I hope its ok!? I started in Jan at 267. This morning I was 204.2 So My goal is 180. And I didn't start till late March.... but I think its a good beginning... got some help with a new med for my migraines which are under great control now, and the weight loss was a side effect.. go figure! (granted they said the max would be 10 lb) My dad and I were thinking we would try something else if this didn't work with our new diet. But he has lost 50 himself! I am going very low sodium and low just about everything now. And more active.

I managed to gain a pound over the last week before my weigh-in on 7/5, but I know I overdid it over that holiday weekend.

I am trying to use my resistance bands more, but it seems like I get more and more things I have to do during the day. Will get back to them soon. Am losing more and more use of my legs and may possibly end up in a wheelchair or scooter soon. :(

Have to laugh over this for myself: I was best loser at my weight loss group this week. I had a 3/4 pound weight loss and was still the best. Most had a gain, and the lowest amount gained was 3 pounds and the max was a 7 pound gain for the week.

I guess no one but be is posting here anymore. Too bad. Oh well. I had another 1/2 pound loss this week. Guess I need to step things up a bit. I had been doing better. This business of not walking well is really hindering my weight loss.

I guess no one but be is posting here anymore. Too bad. Oh well. I had another 1/2 pound loss this week. Guess I need to step things up a bit. I had been doing better. This business of not walking well is really hindering my weight loss.

:cheers: Great job! I have been doing an awful job! :lol:

I can keep updating.... I am down to 200 now. but I think the med that is causing me to lose weight might be affecting my liver... call it a hunch I guess. Got some symptoms that might suggest it, nothing outright yet.... not like I am turning yellow. But so that updates my weight loss to 67lbs. At least 35 more to go.....

I have gone from all time high of 328 down to 232. I still have 92 pounds to go.

I have gone from all time high of 328 down to 232. I still have 92 pounds to go.

You have been doing awesome! Keep up the great work!:D

I found out my meds aren't messing with my liver so all is good. I can keep them. And I can keep losing weight too......

I've been doing weight watchers since October and I have lost 55 lbs (as of weigh in last night).

Thats great progress.... I can't do those groups.... never could stand up in front of people and talk about it....

You don't have to share, ever! You get weighed-in privatly and then go to a half hour meeting filled with tips, suggestions and support.

wow! Great job!

I am still stuck at the same weight after losing 30 lbs last year. I still need another 40 to 50 to go. I have to change something again...GRRRR!

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:

wow! Great job!

I am still stuck at the same weight after losing 30 lbs last year. I still need another 40 to 50 to go. I have to change something again...GRRRR!

Sometimes weight loss will plateau & go up/down and it usually does come off with persistent exercising.

Wirelessly posted

Sometimes weight loss will plateau & go up/down and it usually does come off with persistent exercising.

Yeah - my biggest issue is lack of exercise. I can do all the upper body and I am working that. Lower body I do what I can, but it's not quite enough. Ah well. I do what I can with what I am able. Does that make sense?

Bringing this back.

I have rejoined the weight loss group and will be working hard to lose the weight I need to. I have had to go to a dairy free diet, so, since I had to do that, I just went vegan. I will be working on a simple exercise routine.

Back