AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

I lost about 30 pounds (most of it fluids) after my heart surgery last year. I need to lose more weight so I'm working on eating better. Doc told me I gained 10 pounds during the holidays so I need to get back on track.

I should start walking again but right now it's too icy so I'll content myself with running up and down the stairs till snow and ice melts away. My estimate is based on a chart for people with large frames (I have a large frame) is that I need to lose about 50 to 60 pounds in weight. I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

I have weight related problems like high blood pressure, diabetes and cholestrol and it's costing me a lot of money! I don't even want to think about more complications down the road. I already have heart problems as a complication of my diabetes.

So now I'm running up and down the stairs. :wave:

I lost about 30 pounds (most of it fluids) after my heart surgery last year. I need to lose more weight so I'm working on eating better. Doc told me I gained 10 pounds during the holidays so I need to get back on track.

I should start walking again but right now it's too icy so I'll content myself with running up and down the stairs till snow and ice melts away. My estimate is based on a chart for people with large frames (I have a large frame) is that I need to lose about 50 to 60 pounds in weight. I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

I have weight related problems like high blood pressure, diabetes and cholestrol and it's costing me a lot of money! I don't even want to think about more complications down the road. I already have heart problems as a complication of my diabetes.

So now I'm running up and down the stairs. :wave:

How many times do you run up and down the stairs?

How many times do you run up and down the stairs?

Ideally, at least 20 times or more. I'm embarrassed to say I ran out of breath on my fifth attempt up the stairs. Well, one has to start somewhere so my goal is to be able to run up and down the stairs 10x without panting before the end of this month.

shel- yeah we were, i think we started around the same time if i remember you were one who inquired about the master clense? youll get back on track i have faith in you!

deafskeptic- all of those problems will be almost cured with the weight loss, keep at it =) do you have a local mall you could go to walk at??

shel- yeah we were, i think we started around the same time if i remember you were one who inquired about the master clense? youll get back on track i have faith in you!

deafskeptic- all of those problems will be almost cured with the weight loss, keep at it =) do you have a local mall you could go to walk at??

It's about ten miles away.

A year ago on this exact date I weighed in at 213, this morning I weighed in at 145. I lost 68 lbs last year! I am 5'5 and I have about 10 more lbs to shed off.

I work out 3-5 times a week at the gym mostly doing cardio. Eliptical, bike, etc... I also do the Master clense for 12 days every other month which has helped my energy level. Staying away from soda and sugar are very important to shed pounds to help your glycemic index.

That is awesome! I'm thinking of joining the local Y though I can barely afford it. I can barely afford my medical bills so I figure that it will reduce my medical bills in the long run.

You'll need to focus on maintaining your weight for the rest of your life once you reach your goal but I'm sure you're well aware of that.

Ideally, at least 20 times or more. I'm embarrassed to say I ran out of breath on my fifth attempt up the stairs. Well, one has to start somewhere so my goal is to be able to run up and down the stairs 10x without panting before the end of this month.

Hey..a start is better than nothing!!!

It is just hard during the winter months but as long as I dont gain by summer and then use this summer to lose another 20 to 30, then just maintain it, I would have achieved my goals!

Thanks!

deafskeptic- I used to have a Y membership, Call your local Y and ask them for a financial application or go in and ask for one. You can get a scholarship. I only paid 50 dollars for the whole year. That was when I wasnt working though and I had bills. It goes on a slide scale of your income, i hope that helps :)

I got a scale today and weighed myself so I'll be able to track my progress over the weeks as I lose weight.

I'll see about joining the Y so I can exercise there. I'll keep you posted on if I have lost weight next week. I'll be happy with a single pound loss.

A year ago on this exact date I weighed in at 213, this morning I weighed in at 145. I lost 68 lbs last year! I am 5'5 and I have about 10 more lbs to shed off.

I work out 3-5 times a week at the gym mostly doing cardio. Eliptical, bike, etc... I also do the Master clense for 12 days every other month which has helped my energy level. Staying away from soda and sugar are very important to shed pounds to help your glycemic index.

Congrats on your weight loss! That is great :) What is the master cleanse?

congratulations! I bet you must feel really good. I am slowly shedding off the pounds:)

Ok, I gained the 5 pounds that someone lost. Who sent those pounds to me? I'm certain that it had nothing to do with chocolate. :giggle:

Ok, I gained the 5 pounds that someone lost. Who sent those pounds to me? I'm certain that it had nothing to do with chocolate. :giggle:

Wasn't me - I gave mine to MIL and son. :giggle:

I am down another 5 pounds this week. Dropped another size in tops. Got to work on the hips and butt now!!

:h5: What are you doing to lose?

I have just cut my fat intake, increased my veggies and cut my sugar intake. I am watching my portions more and do not eat any fried food anymore. I try to follow along with Weight Watchers, but I don't really like have to keep to keep track on their points system and their core plan left me wanting to eat too much and I didn't lose.

Basically, I am just trying to eat healthier and with better portions. I have also upped my exercise when I can. My afternoons were my downfall as that is when I crave munchies. Instead of slices of ham and turkey, I now have an apple with fat free caramel dip. (I don't like apples and have to have them with something.) I also have cut out all creamy salad dressings. I make vinagrette dressings to suit my taste. Lots of seasonings and such.

For breakfast I go from oatmeal with grape nuts cereal, raisins, 1 tbls of brown sugar and 1 tbls of butter, to an omlet with Egg Beaters, with turkey bacon, low fat cheese, onion and green pepper and have low fat sour cream and salsa on it. I also do multi-grain english muffins with low-fat cream cheese.

That's just an idea.

I have just cut my fat intake, increased my veggies and cut my sugar intake. I am watching my portions more and do not eat any fried food anymore. I try to follow along with Weight Watchers, but I don't really like have to keep to keep track on their points system and their core plan left me wanting to eat too much and I didn't lose.

Basically, I am just trying to eat healthier and with better portions. I have also upped my exercise when I can. My afternoons were my downfall as that is when I crave munchies. Instead of slices of ham and turkey, I now have an apple with fat free caramel dip. (I don't like apples and have to have them with something.) I also have cut out all creamy salad dressings. I make vinagrette dressings to suit my taste. Lots of seasonings and such.

For breakfast I go from oatmeal with grape nuts cereal, raisins, 1 tbls of brown sugar and 1 tbls of butter, to an omlet with Egg Beaters, with turkey bacon, low fat cheese, onion and green pepper and have low fat sour cream and salsa on it. I also do multi-grain english muffins with low-fat cream cheese.

That's just an idea.

Those are some good ideas :) I really working hard to take off the pounds! I do have some slip ups though! (like today) :lol:

Those are some good ideas :) I really working hard to take off the pounds! I do have some slip ups though! (like today) :lol:

Well, that's one of the key things to weight loss. You should not deprive yourself of a few favorites, just keep it in moderation and move on from there.

The other thing I should have mentioned, I also switched to whole wheat and whole grain pasta. It makes you feel full with less and has the added fiber to help your weight loss.

I really like ice cream, so I get it, but I buy Blue Bunny made with Splenda. This way, it's still lower in calories and I still get my treat.

Well, that's one of the key things to weight loss. You should not deprive yourself of a few favorites, just keep it in moderation and move on from there.

The other thing I should have mentioned, I also switched to whole wheat and whole grain pasta. It makes you feel full with less and has the added fiber to help your weight loss.

I really like ice cream, so I get it, but I buy Blue Bunny made with Splenda. This way, it's still lower in calories and I still get my treat.

Never knew there was whole grain pasta! Definitely want to get them. Thanks for mentioning it!

Back