A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

So does that mean that anybody in Arizona can carry a concealed weapon now, even the criminals since a permit is no longer required? That's a scary thought. Is a firearms license and carry permit the same thing? Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

it's the federal law that people with criminal record and/or mental history cannot have a gun so any criminal in any state is not allowed to have a gun. that's why they get gun ILLEGALLY. and we should be legally allowed to protect ourselves from them.

firearm license and CCW permit are not the same. You are allowed to buy/own a gun when you have a firearm license - just like driver license.. you are allowed to drive a car. Most states require CCW permit if you want to do CCW. only 3 states do not require CCW permit - Alaska, Vermont, and now Arizona.

Not in all states. No license required to own a gun in Ohio, but to carry you must have CCW

right. same for Vermont and Alaska. no permit/license is needed to purchase one. but there are 50 states so I don't know all of their gun laws but I do know that only 3 states do not require permit for CCW

My grandads kept shotguns at home for their farmwork, but I was wondering what type of guns you're allowed to keep at you're homes legally. Kevin.

In SC, we don't need a license to buy guns but they do the instant background check when you purchase one at a gun shop or pawn shop. At gun shows, some do the background checks, some don't.

For concealed carry in our state, one must go thru the background check (including prints), and pass the class, written test and practical (shooting) test.

My grandads kept shotguns at home for their farmwork, but I was wondering what type of guns you're allowed to keep at you're homes legally. Kevin.
In SC, generally, whatever you can buy legally, you can keep legally in your home.

it depends on your state law. some type of weapons - you'll need a permit.

ah finally found this thread. bump!

New York where I live is one of 5 states that is law crazy over firearms.

It is NOT UNlawful to carry rifle, shotgun without permit/license. Here you can buy and sell rifle/shotgun with your friends/relatives that you know. The reason "You know" is that you are required to use your common sense who to sell or who to buy from. If you know the person has criminal history or does not have good moral character, don't sell them! Even buy from them.

But for pistol, handgun background check and permit is required. Also to buy rifle/shotgun from a dealer of any kind must run background check.

The rest of 45 states, it is "Shall issue" at most cases with background check. Which means for example in Vermont or New Hampshire you walk in gun store, first with background check and if passed, then you can buy ANYTHING including handguns and walk away. I think in New Hampshire you are allowed to bring concealed handgun to work.

These 5 states, you need to check first

New York
Massachusetts
New Jersey
Illinois
California

These 5 states has the strictest gun laws. Soon, it will change as per supreme court ruling which will force them to relax these laws. Chicago is not happy about it, but which part does Chicago don't understand the 2nd amendment?

Chicago is not happy about it, but which part does Chicago don't understand the 2nd amendment?

according to my Brooklyn friend - he believes that NYPD is his 2nd Amendment :roll:

vsdel2.jpg

It was my first time and I think it was 20 yard.

Austria .45 glock. (I just found it out from my facebook history)

New York where I live is one of 5 states that is law crazy over firearms.

It is NOT UNlawful to carry rifle, shotgun without permit/license. Here you can buy and sell rifle/shotgun with your friends/relatives that you know. The reason "You know" is that you are required to use your common sense who to sell or who to buy from. If you know the person has criminal history or does not have good moral character, don't sell them! Even buy from them.

But for pistol, handgun background check and permit is required. Also to buy rifle/shotgun from a dealer of any kind must run background check.

The rest of 45 states, it is "Shall issue" at most cases with background check. Which means for example in Vermont or New Hampshire you walk in gun store, first with background check and if passed, then you can buy ANYTHING including handguns and walk away. I think in New Hampshire you are allowed to bring concealed handgun to work.

These 5 states, you need to check first

New York
Massachusetts
New Jersey
Illinois
California

These 5 states has the strictest gun laws. Soon, it will change as per supreme court ruling which will force them to relax these laws. Chicago is not happy about it, but which part does Chicago don't understand the 2nd amendment?

The background check was not big deal, it take around few weeks and cost only $10 or $20 *unsure*

:roll: x5

(Yeah I already did a roll but I am a control freak and I hate being 1 upped)

Those X5's went right by me and I don't feel like going all the way up there to get to the crux of it.

Back