A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

What exactly is the national guard, and do they serve overseas? Kevin.

National Guards are our fine dedicated citizens as soldiers for their home state. Each state has their own National Guards.

What Jiro said and yes, they can be deploy to Iraq, A-Stan, and anywhere.

National Guard is similar to Home Guard for you in Britain but Home Guard are disbanded in 1945 after the war in Europe.

Thanks Jiro and Texan Guy, I think at the begining of the war our home guard were called the " Local defence volunteer" or LDV for short, and later shortened to "Home guard". Kevin.

My choices for home defense;

.40 cal Sig - the stopping power of a .45, and the speed of a 9mm (well, almost! lol)

AK-47 - Awesome fire power, slightly better than the M-16 - plus the report sounds more - "business like", if ya know what I mean!

Benelli autoloader 12ga shotgun

-charles

The Michigan Army National Guard and Air Force National Guard, have served with distinction in almost every major/minor action, as well as national and State emergencies, since their inception!

As well as the; Coast Guard, Navy, and Marine Corps Reserve Units that are located, here in the Great Lake State. But since the Coast Guard and Dept. of Navy think they are - "Special", lol - They don't have National Guard units. Just Reserves.

-charles

Here is funny prank, enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZGrSZ_eggI]YouTube - Prank With Short Gun At Golf Range --- Funny ![/ame]

Here is another one!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPSeuZWpknA&feature=fvw]YouTube - HILARIOUS GUN PRANK!! MUST WATCH!![/ame]

lol! I remember that 2nd video. it's cuz the guy didn't like it when wife plays with the gun cuz it's not a toy!!! but wife does not listen so he teaches her a lesson

LOL, my wife does not like guns and won't ever dare toying around it. I have been around guns and may buy rifle soon. Either 30-30 or 308

lol! I remember that 2nd video. it's cuz the guy didn't like it when wife plays with the gun cuz it's not a toy!!! but wife does not listen so he teaches her a lesson

Ahhh....I sure want a gun. Dont know what though would fancy my tastes. Not to mention I am not sure if I can get permit to own gun because of psychiatric issues of Bipolar disorder and previous suicide attemps in my past

Wonder how I should go about that to troubleshoot any potential pitfalls

Ahhh....I sure want a gun. Dont know what though would fancy my tastes. Not to mention I am not sure if I can get permit to own gun because of psychiatric issues of Bipolar disorder and previous suicide attemps in my past

Wonder how I should go about that to troubleshoot any potential pitfalls

ah.. with a mental history like that - you are not eligible for it. it's best to shoot it recreationally at gun range (rental)

me at IDPA Competition today on Mother's Day :giggle:

[yt]bP1EXPfWkkE[/yt]

I sucked.... pretty bad in that course..... I have a weakness at engaging the target with consistent accuracy at 25 yards. I haven't practiced much at local range because the bullets are expensive and scarce. It took me over 3 months just to get bullets in bulk!!! My self-defense HP rounds are still not here!! and I ordered it 4 months ago! :mad2:

any tips are greatly welcomed! Notice that in this clip - I can hear the instructor yelling at me - "READY?" or "ARE YOU READY?"... and then a couple seconds after "STAND BY...." command - he gives me a quick tap on my back to begin shooting.

Great video Jiro, thanks for sharing.

When I go hunting this fall, I need to make a few videos.

Aw man ... I missed a great opportunity to tell a tongue in cheek joke ... ah well - better late than never.

There is a height requirement to join the National Guard. You must be over 6 feet tall (in case your boat sinks you can walk back to shore).

They don't serve overseas. ;)

You might be thinking of the Merchant Marines.

United States Merchant Marine Academy

Aw man ... I missed a great opportunity to tell a tongue in cheek joke ... ah well - better late than never.

There is a height requirement to join the National Guard. You must be over 6 feet tall (in case your boat sinks you can walk back to shore).

They don't serve overseas. ;)

You might be thinking of the Merchant Marines.

United States Merchant Marine Academy

Huh? I'm 6'1'' and I've met some shorter than 6' men and women who are in the National Guard and combat veterans in Iraq or Afghanistan. National Guard don't ride on the ship. They're ground pounders.

Huh? I'm 6'1'' and I've met some shorter than 6' men and women who are in the National Guard and combat veterans in Iraq or Afghanistan. National Guard don't ride on the ship. They're ground pounders.

Your absolutely right - I meant Coast Guard. Geez, I messed up my own joke.

Back