A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

National Guards are our fine dedicated citizens as soldiers for their home state. Each state has their own National Guards.

Was George W Bush in the national guard or was he in the air force. Kevin.

He was in the Air National Guard (Texas and Alabama) and Air Force Reserve as a fighter pilot.

I've seen some film of his father being pulled out of the sea from WW2. I think he was shot down by the Japanese. Kevin.

Last edited:
Aw man ... I missed a great opportunity to tell a tongue in cheek joke ... ah well - better late than never.

There is a height requirement to join the National Guard. You must be over 6 feet tall (in case your boat sinks you can walk back to shore).

They don't serve overseas. ;)

You might be thinking of the Merchant Marines.

United States Merchant Marine Academy

Your absolutely right - I meant Coast Guard. Geez, I messed up my own joke.

lol good one even though you messed it up but good one.

I've seen some film of his father being pulled out of the sea from WW2. I think he was shot down by the Japanise. Kevin.

Yeah, he was shot down by the Japanese. There's a book called "Flyboys" by James Bradley, it's about the pilots, including George HW Bush, who got shot down near Chichi Jima, some of them were rescued, some of them never make it to home. So, you might be interested to read that book.

me at IDPA Competition today on Mother's Day :giggle:

[yt]bP1EXPfWkkE[/yt]

I sucked.... pretty bad in that course..... I have a weakness at engaging the target with consistent accuracy at 25 yards. I haven't practiced much at local range because the bullets are expensive and scarce. It took me over 3 months just to get bullets in bulk!!! My self-defense HP rounds are still not here!! and I ordered it 4 months ago! :mad2:

any tips are greatly welcomed! Notice that in this clip - I can hear the instructor yelling at me - "READY?" or "ARE YOU READY?"... and then a couple seconds after "STAND BY...." command - he gives me a quick tap on my back to begin shooting.

What gun were you shooting with in the video? I've thought about getting involved in competitive shooting and some people advise me to use .22 semi-auto because it's easier to control ( very low recoil) and shorter time to reacquire target. And .22 ammo is way cheaper, too for practice. I'd like your opinion. Thanks.

Ahhh....I sure want a gun. Dont know what though would fancy my tastes. Not to mention I am not sure if I can get permit to own gun because of psychiatric issues of Bipolar disorder and previous suicide attemps in my past

Wonder how I should go about that to troubleshoot any potential pitfalls

I don't think I can get a gun because of my past history of depression and I was hopsitized for it over 20 years ago.

What gun were you shooting with in the video?
9mm Springfield XD-9 Tactical 5"

I've thought about getting involved in competitive shooting and some people advise me to use .22 semi-auto because it's easier to control ( very low recoil) and shorter time to reacquire target. And .22 ammo is way cheaper, too for practice. I'd like your opinion. Thanks.
whatever you feel is best for you. everybody's needs and preference is difference. I suggest you to go to gun range where you can rent gun and try it out. Once in a while - I take a few friends to this gun range in PA (Sunset Hill Shooting Range) where you can try out over dozens different guns.

I don't think I can get a gun because of my past history of depression and I was hopsitized for it over 20 years ago.

that's a really long time ago and I think you can own one now but that's up to Chief of Police to issue you one or not.

what a beautiful day for a few states!

1. Indiana Governor signed the legislation allowing employees to store firearms in their car while parked at their workplace parking lot
2. Arizona Governor signed the legislation allowing rights to CCW without permit
3. Virginia Governor signed the legislation allowing gun carrier to carry CCW in restaurants that serve alcohol but cannot consume alcohol
4. right-to-carry permit is no longer required in Grand Canyon state

:cool2:

what a beautiful day for a few states

2. Arizona Governor signed the legislation allowing rights to CCW without permit

4. right-to-carry permit is no longer required in Grand Canyon state

:cool2:

So does that mean that anybody in Arizona can carry a concealed weapon now, even the criminals since a permit is no longer required? That's a scary thought. Is a firearms license and carry permit the same thing? Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ood21fEMM]YouTube - Accidental Shooting Prank - JustForLaughs.TV[/ame]

Like those too, on other people. At my size, when I put a pair on, I look like I'm dressed up for Halloween!:giggle:

People think I am an angry anarchno-punk or an angry rivethead when I put on the Doc Marts.

Apparently I am something to fear. :o

Back