Right-To-Carry

I live in northeast Wisconsin. We recently had a series of robberies in
Green Bay that involved a man slashing tires on cars in mall parking
lots of people that he knew were alone. He would pretend to be a “Good
Samaritan” and offer to help change the tires, and then he would rob the
people he was supposedly going to help. As I was discussing this at the local
restaurant over coffee, a stranger who overheard us said, “Excuse me, but I
am from Michigan and they were doing that near us—but it stopped when
we passed our Right-to-Carry law!” I think that says it all.

Dick Stewart
Mishicot, WI

In mid-September the FBI released its annual “Crime in the
United States” report, and figures for 2009 show that violent
crime rates have once again dropped. The total estimated rate
of violent crimes dropped 6.1 percent compared with 2008
figures. This is the third consecutive year in which violent crime
rates have dropped, the FBI says, while at the same time a
record number of guns were sold for the year—proving yet again
that more guns equal less crime.

ASSEMBLY REJECTS OPEN CARRY BAN

Lawmakers in California have defeated a measure banning the carrying of unloaded guns in public. Introduced by Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, it had earlier passed the Senate on a close vote. California law currently permits carrying an unloaded handgun in a holster.

A gas station clerk was working the register when a man walked in and confronted him. He slid a note to the clerk with the words “money now” inscribed on it and demanded the safe be opened. The clerk ran from the store and attempted to phone police, but his assailant quickly caught up with him. The suspect savagely beat the clerk, continuing even after his nose was broken. That’s when a man driving by witnessed the assault and ran to the clerk’s aid. “The Good Samaritan … pulled out a gun to threaten the robber,” said Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood. “He is licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I applaud the Good Samaritan for getting involved.” The robber fled, but was arrested because the witness wrote down his license plate number. (The Delaware County Times, Primos, Pa., 08/19/10)

When an alleged intruder broke a window and began entering the home of 80-year-old Stephen Boyechko, he knew what to do—he hastily retrieved his .32-cal. Walther ppk pistol. “Why did you break my window?” Boyechko asked. Instead of answering the question, the intruder climbed inside and ran at the homeowner, who shot him twice and held him for police. The intruder is a suspect in a number of burglaries. Apparently in his latest heist he did not know with whom he was dealing. Boyechko is a veteran of World War II, but he did not fight for the United States. “I was in the Ukrainian underground,” he said. “I was 14. We fought the Germans and the Russians.” (The Leader, Corning, n.y., 08/22/10)

Eight weeks pregnant, a gas station manager left work and walked to her car with a bag of money to make a bank deposit. She saw a man approaching as she entered the car, so she quickly locked the doors—but the man pulled a gun, demanded money and repeatedly kicked the car door. Terrified, the woman opened the door and handed him all of her money. Unfortunately, the gesture did little to appease the robber, who cocked his gun and continued to point it at the woman. Meanwhile, a man with a concealed-carry permit standing near the gas pumps saw the robbery unfolding. He drew his handgun, pointed it at the robber and yelled, “Back away from the girl!” The robber got away with the money, but the woman and her unborn child were not physically harmed. (The Observer, Westland, Mich., 08/12/10)

more gun news for ya'all...

Eight weeks pregnant, a gas station manager left work and walked to her car with a bag of money to make a bank deposit. She saw a man approaching as she entered the car, so she quickly locked the doors—but the man pulled a gun, demanded money and repeatedly kicked the car door. Terrified, the woman opened the door and handed him all of her money. Unfortunately, the gesture did little to appease the robber, who cocked his gun and continued to point it at the woman. Meanwhile, a man with a concealed-carry permit standing near the gas pumps saw the robbery unfolding. He drew his handgun, pointed it at the robber and yelled, “Back away from the girl!” The robber got away with the money, but the woman and her unborn child were not physically harmed. (The Observer, Westland, Mich., 08/12/10)

Ouch, poor to pregnant woman. :(

If it does happen to me so I will refuse to give my money to robber.

ASSEMBLY REJECTS OPEN CARRY BAN

Lawmakers in California have defeated a measure banning the carrying of unloaded guns in public. Introduced by Assemblywoman Lori Saldana, it had earlier passed the Senate on a close vote. California law currently permits carrying an unloaded handgun in a holster.
I'm against carrying unloaded guns in public.

The guns should be loaded. :D

I still have my Remington 870....must be about 60 years old and still looking pretty new! Haven't used it much in recent years, tho.....:(

No, I disagree with her views on abortion and GLBT rights, it has nothing with gun rights.

I'm sorry but you're quite wrong. so far wrong. There are much more important things than abortion and GLBT rights. In fact - those issues are extremely trivial and incredibly small compared to bigger picture. You should appreciate the fact that we have Amendment 2.

There's a reason why there is gun rights in Constitution :cool2: - 2nd one in the list.... not 3rd or 5th... second most important thing that makes America.

again - no gun rights, no social rights. if you can't figure it out why, then I'm sorry.

I still have my Remington 870....must be about 60 years old and still looking pretty new! Haven't used it much in recent years, tho.....:(

outstanding! :thumb: It'll still work if you need it :) best to start it off with low-recoil shell.

I'm sorry but you're quite wrong. so far wrong. There are much more important things than abortion and GLBT rights. In fact - those issues are extremely trivial and incredibly small compared to bigger picture. You should appreciate the fact that we have Amendment 2.

There's a reason why there is gun rights in Constitution :cool2:

again - no gun rights, no social rights. if you can't figure it out why, then I'm sorry.

No, you aren't correct, I won't vote Reba because I DISAGREE with some of her views, especially GLBT rights and abortion, none of my reason to not vote her is come about gun rights and they are not part of my concern.

I have rights to not vote anyone whoever I disagree with most of their political views, I can vote anyone that I mostly agree with them.

Go label me as anti-gun rights whatever you want. :roll:

I take GLBT rights so seriously.

No, you aren't correct, I won't vote Reba because I DISAGREE with some of her views, especially GLBT rights and abortion, none of my reason to not vote her is come about gun rights and they are not part of my concern.

I have rights to not vote anyone whoever I disagree with most of their political views, I can vote anyone that I mostly agree with them.

Go label me as anti-gun rights whatever you want. :roll:

I take GLBT rights so seriously.

you do realize that if there is no gun rights, there is no social rights? That means the government will control us and do whatever they please. Now you do understand why gun rights is the 2nd most important rights in the Constitution? It's the reason why you're here, speaking for abortion & GLBT rights - that's your first most important rights which precedes Amendment 2... the Amendment 1.

so... no gun rights, no social rights.

I take the Constitutional rights seriously. It's what enables you to fight for GLBT rights.

you do realize that if there is no gun rights, there is no social rights? That means the government will control us and do whatever they please. Now you do understand why gun rights is the 2nd most important rights in the Constitution? It's the reason why you're here, speaking for abortion & GLBT rights - that's your first most important rights which precedes Amendment 2... the Amendment 1.

so... no gun rights, no social rights.

There are not many pro-gun rights politicians are strongly GLBT rights, except for libertarians.

You already have gun rights today, I'm just care about GLBT rights as my highest priority.

There are not many pro-gun rights politicians are strongly GLBT rights, except for libertarians.

I don't care so you already have gun rights today, I'm just care about GLBT rights as my highest priority.

think very very hard. think beyond GLBT rights. think about the Constitution. think about America. go back to very beginning and then walk from there to present time. think about how we got here and why we have more rights than other countries including animals.

:)

I take the Constitutional rights seriously. It's what enables you to fight for GLBT rights.

I know but politicians have some exclusive when come with their views, that why I cannot find politician that agree with everything about constitution.

I know but politicians have some exclusive when come with their views, that why I cannot find politician that agree with everything about constitution.

since when there is ever a politician who can satisfy all over us? even George Washington can't satisfy you. :lol:

think very very hard. think beyond GLBT rights. think about the Constitution. think about America. go back to very beginning and then walk from there to present time. think about how we got here and why we have more rights than other countries including animals.

:)

That's means I need vote conservative politician whoever get A from NRA and being very anti-gay rights, that's typical Alabama for.

That's not my type. :ugh:

That's means I need vote conservative politician whoever get A from NRA and being very anti-gay rights, that's typical Alabama for.

That's not my type. :ugh:

not really.

since when there is ever a politician who can satisfy all over us? even George Washington can't satisfy you. :lol:

Only libertarian can do it, however I think that libertarian views are more popular in America and I don't find anyone of them who want throw our constitution away, unlike conservative and liberal do.

Back