2015 Official AD Meet II on 23rd May 2015

I've heard of unpleasant things there. Plus, I've never been that far up north before.
Have you checked a map of the USA?

The drivers in southern states are one of most polite ever in my experience, but there are some bad drivers, of course so no one is perfect.
The bad drivers in the South are the carpetbaggers who moved from the North. :lol:

Why I need train or bus? I prefer to drive to NYC or NJ for parking then use train or walk to destination.

I have been to NYC a few times and last two times I went, I drove since I LOVE driving. It was a learning experience and I recommend to go public mode of transportation. However I prefer to be with a experienced person as not to get lost.
If I go- I'd go to a freinds house in md,nj or other state close by and leave my car there and hop on train the rest of the way. I missed the last time as the timing wasnt right as I got kids and am a Mr.Mom. Hopefully you guys can pick a weekend where I can just drop kids off at grandparants for weekend or something simalar. What do you guys think?
Also If I do go - I would love to pick up riders in NYS to go with me or hitch a ride with someone to have company and save gas expenses. any possible takers? good thing we have a year to plan this and we can always change our minds until time gets closer.

I have been to NYC a few times and last two times I went, I drove since I LOVE driving. It was a learning experience and I recommend to go public mode of transportation. However I prefer to be with a experienced person as not to get lost.
If I go- I'd go to a freinds house in md,nj or other state close by and leave my car there and hop on train the rest of the way. I missed the last time as the timing wasnt right as I got kids and am a Mr.Mom. Hopefully you guys can pick a weekend where I can just drop kids off at grandparants for weekend or something simalar. What do you guys think?
Also If I do go - I would love to pick up riders in NYS to go with me or hitch a ride with someone to have company and save gas expenses. any possible takers? good thing we have a year to plan this and we can always change our minds until time gets closer.

I might ask you for a ride if my place is on the way from your place. I am willing to pay half for gas and tolls. I would like to meet you on vp first to see if I am comfortable with you.

unfortunately it rules me out but it do give me excuse to come to America again

it was great meeting you last year at deafnation expo and it would be great to meet you again! :thumb:

yes I do strongly recommend taking a bus/train into NYC if you (general you) have anxiety issue or do not drive very well in city setting. this metropolitan area (NYC-NJ-surrounding area) is rather hostile (yes we're all bunch of angry aggressive drivers and New York drivers are simply incompetent fools) and confusing especially for first timer because of many sign posts pointing at whatever and it's not making any sense. the road system here can be very confusing and we frequently have many road constructions/detours/traffic jams here that can add a lot to your stress/anxiety level.

but if you really must drive - I will provide directions and alternative solutions.

Only if the IL people go to NYC with that kind of negative attitude. :roll:

Ha ha That is So true!!

I am 75 percents of long island and 25 percents of NYC. WHY? I visited NYC many times for years since I was a child.

I think it is not bad idea.

I love driving, of course. :D

This time, it will fall on weekend, and I tell you, Im gonna make sure it is better and suitable for everyone here. So stay tuned.

I still plan on riding the megabus if they offer a nice deal.

You will! Plenty of time to book it in advance and you'll be paying dirt cheap :laugh2:

it was great meeting you last year at deafnation expo and it would be great to meet you again! :thumb:

yes I do strongly recommend taking a bus/train into NYC if you (general you) have anxiety issue or do not drive very well in city setting. this metropolitan area (NYC-NJ-surrounding area) is rather hostile (yes we're all bunch of angry aggressive drivers and New York drivers are simply incompetent fools) and confusing especially for first timer because of many sign posts pointing at whatever and it's not making any sense. the road system here can be very confusing and we frequently have many road constructions/detours/traffic jams here that can add a lot to your stress/anxiety level.

but if you really must drive - I will provide directions and alternative solutions.

Jiro is right. I drove through Times Square and survived in one piece. Damn crazy taxi drivers. Trust me. If I want to go to NYC, then I prefer to take subway instead of driving there and finding a "hard find" parking slot.

I can do it - I will be Gally student by that time and DC to NYC is around 4 hours away.

I need to find a parking for my car, so any cheap parking in NYC/NJ, please?

I suggest you to take a bus or amtrak to NYC. Cheap parking in NYC? :hmm: Nah. Best to leave your car at your home. Seriously.

I've heard of unpleasant things there. Plus, I've never been that far up north before.

OHHH, Pllluzzzzeeee!! I love NYC myself. Which city do I choose? Chicago or NYC? I rather to choose NYC. :roll:

Colder?? Rochester/Buffalo is much colder than NYC. NYC's weather is just bipolar. Check the facts before you post it.

Chicagoblue2 and I did a comparison on the weather of NY and Chicago. They are almost the same. I don't know why he thinks NY is colder.

I will take the Megabus again. :)

I might ask you for a ride if my place is on the way from your place. I am willing to pay half for gas and tolls. I would like to meet you on vp first to see if I am comfortable with you.

we can do that..

Back