2015 Official AD Meet II on 23rd May 2015

Why I need train or bus? I prefer to drive to NYC or NJ for parking then use train or walk to destination.
There's subway that you can get you to every destination you need in Manhattan. A car is useless. Ask Jiro.

Mark damnit just zip it ! You dont travel, the world is after you, hole up in your room and stay there, its the safest place for you, for real dude. If it dont apply to you just leave it at that... youre not going to go, why bother posting all your LAME ASS EXCUSES.

Plus we're not willing to take HIV tests. :laugh2:

What are you doing to him? :aw:

Why I need train or bus? I prefer to drive to NYC or NJ for parking then use train or walk to destination.

cheaper and easier. you'll have to deal with multiple tolls so a round-trip can cost up to $50 or more.

like any city especially since you're not familiar with it - you'll risk accident and thievery. but if you really want to drive - I can help you to deal with it.

Foxrac, NYC is a huge city and you wouldn't want to stress out about your car. If it was me, I'd leave it behind in DC and catch the train (that's what I did when I travelled to NYC from DC) and you can catch the subway around, subway is EVERYWHERE.

Free boxes and a dark alley...lol
with enough adheisives we could build a condo.

no need. there are a bunch of abandoned buildings. I just happen to know a few :lol:

cheaper and easier. you'll have to deal with multiple tolls so a round-trip can cost up to $50 or more.

like any city especially since you're not familiar with it - you'll risk accident and thievery. but if you really want to drive - I can help you to deal with it.

Yes, there is a lot of toll roads in NJ and toll on bridge to NYC, so I'm not crazy about tolls. :lol:

Yes, that's true and I heard about NYC drivers are aggressive, but not sure about how is difference from DC drivers. I found DC drivers are really bad and I took extra caution and more attention as well.

Foxrac, NYC is a huge city and you wouldn't want to stress out about your car. If it was me, I'd leave it behind in DC and catch the train (that's what I did when I travelled to NYC from DC) and you can catch the subway around, subway is EVERYWHERE.

After experience with public transportation in DC, I'm not too fond about public transportation, but I have to use it when it is necessary. :lol:

I will think about ride a bus to NYC.

I was just paving the way of facts...said so himself. Id hate to tell him what all those scantly clad women are doing...lol

I'm sure that you will hang out with him and doing stupid things, maybe, strip club to find a woman that he loves or go to bad area like Bronx.

Yes, there is a lot of toll roads in NJ and toll on bridge to NYC, so I'm not crazy about tolls. :lol:
there is one way to do it free but it will add about 2 hours to your driving time and gas cost will go up too. look at google map and then click on AVOID TOLLS. you will have to drive thru PA.

Yes, that's true and I heard about NYC drivers are aggressive, but not sure about how is difference from DC drivers. I found DC drivers are really bad and I took extra caution and more attention as well.

I can't think of any single city anywhere in the world that have drivers who are nice and polite.

there is one way to do it free but it will add about 2 hours to your driving time and gas cost will go up too. look at google map and then click on AVOID TOLLS. you will have to drive thru PA.

I can't think of any single city anywhere in the world that have drivers who are nice and polite.

The drivers in southern states are one of most polite ever in my experience, but there are some bad drivers, of course so no one is perfect.

NYC is aggressive than DC, I've seen it myself :eek:

Last edited:
After experience with public transportation in DC, I'm not too fond about public transportation, but I have to use it when it is necessary. :lol:

I will think about ride a bus to NYC.
suck it up and use it. You'll thank me later. :)

Foxrac....I agree that DC driving is crazy. My husband is the most calm driver ever. We were trying to leave downtown DC and we could not find our exit. We had to keep turning around, going back over the bridge. He finally just pulled in and said "Fu** it" I have no clue how to get out of here. I started laughing but he was not too happy. Out of all the places we have driven I think DC is the most difficult.

NYC is just super super crowded. Leaving the Time Square area took us two solid hours to move about one mile. I think there was a car that broke down going through one of the tunnels. I was impressed with the subways in both DC and NYC. We don't have those here in CA.

Foxrac....I agree that DC driving is crazy. My husband is the most calm driver ever. We were trying to leave downtown DC and we could not find our exit. We had to keep turning around, going back over the bridge. He finally just pulled in and said "Fu** it" I have no clue how to get out of here. I started laughing but he was not too happy. Out of all the places we have driven I think DC is the most difficult.

NYC is just super super crowded. Leaving the Time Square area took us two solid hours to move about one mile. I think there was a car that broke down going through one of the tunnels. I was impressed with the subways in both DC and NYC. We don't have those here in CA.

driving thru Times Square during the day is the worst thing to do. it's a complete gridlock. there's no tunnel in nearby area. the Lincoln tunnel is at 34th street and Holland Tunnel at Canal Street. it's just that Times Square is really the worst place ever to drive thru during the day because it's a tourist zone and billions of people are walking the street plus thousands of trucks/constructions impeding the flow.

all you have to do is turn left or right to get out of Times Square area and problem's solved. I'm surprised you didn't do that unless... you were already deep inside Times Square area... :lol:

the only good time to drive thru Times Square is during late evening until maybe around 7-8am.

driving thru Times Square during the day is the worst thing to do. it's a complete gridlock. there's no tunnel in nearby area. the tunnel is at 34th street and Canal Street. it's just that Times Square is really the worst place ever to drive thru during the day because it's a tourist zone and billions of people are walking the street plus thousands of trucks/constructions impeding the flow.

all you have to do is turn left or right to get out of Times Square area and problem's solved. I'm surprised you didn't do that unless... you were already deep inside Times Square area... :lol:

the only good time to drive thru Times Square is during late evening until maybe around 7-8am.

We were your typical tourist.:giggle: I just asked my hubby and he said when we were leaving our hotel we were not near Times Square. It was the Lincoln Tunnel that we had an issue with. This was about 8 years ago I think.

I'm sure if we put some more thought into it we could have avoided the traffic like you said. It was our very first time to NYC. It's all good because we had an amazing time. We used the subway during our entire visit. Only time we drove was when we were leaving NYC to drive to Maryland.

my childhood friend whos from NY (long island) married Illinois peep. They have beautiful two kids. So they got along very well. :)

New Yorkers and people from IL rarely get along with each other-- so I heard. Then again, some people did tell me that.
Only if the IL people go to NYC with that kind of negative attitude. :roll:

Back