Why deafies have two TV sets in one room??

32" LCD televisions aren't that expensive either these days. People don't have to buy them on the same day, you know.

You can get a 37" LCD HDTV (768p) for just 500 to 700 dollars these days, maybe even less.

A lot of households contain at least 4 television sets these days.

By the way, I can afford to buy a few television sets if I wanted to. A lot of families are able to afford bigger television sets than that.
"Just" $500 - 700? That's a LOT of money to me. I certainly can't afford that. I'm not one of the "rich" terps, ha, ha. :lol:

"Just" $500 - 700? That's a LOT of money to me. I certainly can't afford that. I'm not one of the "rich" terps, ha, ha. :lol:

For me, hell yeah! Cheap as I could get it from the states to Australia, but despite it would may not work down here :( ;)

I don't understand why a person would want more than one TV in the same room. I can only think it sensible for VP or old headphones. But other than that, I would get too distracted. We have a total of 2 TVs in my house: 1 in the living room, and 1 in my parents' bedroom. Once we had a second in my parents' bedroom, but that was on loan so my dad could make a copy of a video tape. My family argue over shows all the time, but we find ways to compromise. (Or my parents use the "because I'm the parent" argument, which trumps anything my sister and I can say.) We are blessed enough to have a DVR so that when my mom wants to watch her crime shows, my sister's kid shows are recording.

As for TVs being cheap, I know they're cheaper than they were before, but they're still not that cheap. My family could not afford an HDTV right now. We're too busy paying for more important things like food, clothes, rent... haha Besides, our TVs work just fine.

I don't understand why a person would want more than one TV in the same room. I can only think it sensible for VP or old headphones. But other than that, I would get too distracted. We have a total of 2 TVs in my house: 1 in the living room, and 1 in my parents' bedroom. Once we had a second in my parents' bedroom, but that was on loan so my dad could make a copy of a video tape. My family argue over shows all the time, but we find ways to compromise. (Or my parents use the "because I'm the parent" argument, which trumps anything my sister and I can say.) We are blessed enough to have a DVR so that when my mom wants to watch her crime shows, my sister's kid shows are recording.

As for TVs being cheap, I know they're cheaper than they were before, but they're still not that cheap. My family could not afford an HDTV right now. We're too busy paying for more important things like food, clothes, rent... haha Besides, our TVs work just fine.

That is a good point, but I have, say 5 or 6 TV's in the house as it is in a large home. >_<

Also HDTV's are expensive :eek3:

my parents have 2 tvs nearby in the living room because of my brother!!!! my brothers must have two tv at the same time one for regular channels to watch and other one for movies on dvd or vcr. boy.... my crazy brother, but i still love him :)

one of my friend have 4 or 5 tv in living room total. i'm like oh boy.... one tv by computer, other tv for recording movies etc, other tv for outside ( hidden video?) and other one for kids to watch on regular tv. crazy family too. *snickers*

All of this TV talk is reminding me of Poltergeist. :lol:

Im sort of waiting for the flat panel digital TVs to come down in price a bit and get a small one for my bedroom. I can watch DVDs on my laptop, so no need for a DVD player at the moment.

I think that many people are "tired" of using a VCR/DVD recorder so they want to see two different shows on two televisions. That would save their time to do something else after they watch the shows. I would say that I agree with them because our life is really short.

I have no interest to record a show. I almost never look back to watch what I missed. I don't even want to pile up junk DVDs. I recorded a show, and storage it in the closet. The last time I watch the recorded DVD was last spring. I realized that I wasted my money to buy blank DVDs. I really don't care about a bigger new DVD space or a bigger space of hard disk for TV recorder on the market. It is not about money. We are alive and let's do something to save our time for fun. You know what I mean.

I think that many people are "tired" of using a VCR/DVD recorder so they want to see two different shows on two televisions. That would save their time to do something else after they watch the shows. I would say that I agree with them because our life is really short....
Maybe life is too short to waste watching so many TV programs. :(

LOL! Usually, one is used for VP whilst the other is for watching programmes. I do have 2 TV's, but not in the same room, though. One's in the bedroom and the other's in the livingroom. :-D
Can be used for if disagree on what to watch on one TV. ;)

Back