Why deafies have two TV sets in one room??

My favorite television set in the world is Clivia II. It is not too complex stuff. See the picture.
I'm guessing it doesn't have CC.

I heard that a HDTV requires a code card to insert it on TV for a cable fee. Do you know anything about that?

Someone said that to me at the Target last fall. He said that it is a separate code card for each HDTV for additional fee. I am confused.
It would not surprise me with the greed that the entertainment industry has been displaying these days. :P

In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time.

Do you have two TV sets together in one room?

Very wierd!

I have two TVs in living room... one is standard TV and another is HDTV. Reason I has to have two in living room is because I can watch two NFL games at the same time or I watch Nascar races on one TV and my daughter can watch Elmo DVDs on other TV.

Oh my! I thought I was the only one! Here is what I have!

firsttv.jpg

My favorite television set in the world is Clivia II. It is not too complex stuff. See the picture.

oldtv.jpg

or better yet let the kids get 'lit up' :lol: j/k folks.

In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time.

Do you have two TV sets together in one room?

Very wierd!

OK I cheated. I read most of the replies before responding. First of all I dont think its wierd. i think its just slowly becoming a cultural thing. MAINLY for TV + VP but of course being VP is fairly new this is a recent thing, Not like it been around for ages. Plus Prices in TV's dropping helps lol.

I have in my own bedroom a 27 inch for TV and a 20 inch for VP. Daughter has her own room has 1 tv currently but we had 2 tv's in there cuz my spouse had her own VP before. but DSL sucked so she cut it lol. Guess room, Livingroom all have 1 tv's

I would indeed think it would be wierd if "many" had tv's side by side. I happen to have my 2 tv's on the same tv stand cause easier to have them located on a tv stand than all over the room with wires running everywhere.

but I would have to guess that the average household probably has at least 3 TV's (typically movies, games, children)

but i think its interesting to see feedback, who has who doesnt. so nice subject.

wow interesting thread... I never seen in my life that anyone have 2 TV in same room...

I do have 2 TV in each living room. One is living room (winter garden) and one is TV room. (Dinning room is the middle between 2 living rooms).

yes true, Do you know Albert from MD. He lives in Wiesbaden/ Germany so he does have 2 TV on livingroom, because he is american lol
anyway, really I wont have 2 TV in my home. you know, i am very rarely stay at home, during I am most busy.

i never see nor hear anyone having 2 tvs till i got married and moved to LR.. several friends that i went to visit they all have two tvs in the living room.. i asked why? they said so wont fight over wht programs to watch.. i was like ahh i see ok.. one friend have two tvs in their bedroom but none in living room= one for her and one for her hubby.

as for the hearing family.. i have seen many 2 tvs in living room.. one tv is for kiddies to watch any movies.. and another tv for the family to watch tv...

for me n tj.. only 1- 27 inches tv to watch... 13 inches tv for my son to watch movies and play video games..

I don't see anything wrong with having more than one t.v.s in the hous hold. One for the living room, two bed rooms and one small one in the kitchen. Lot of people now days have more than one t.v. in each rooms. I even got one more small TV for VP. :)

Am I the only person who thinks two TV sets in one room looks weird? It's kind of like the TV's are taking over the house. It also seems too expensive.

I've never seen two TV's in one room in any home decorating magazines or TV programs. I can't imagine any way to nicely fit two TV's into one room. I have a hard enough time fitting one TV into a room. :)

Interesting thread...

FYI, hearing people do that too. I seen it before.

I think its sad that so many people are very addicted to televisions. I think its stupid to have more than one television in one room (only if second one isn't for VP). People need to get a life and do something than sitting down and watch telelvison for hours.

I don't really have time to sit down and watch telelvision for hours like most people do. I only watch telelvison on Sunday night (two hours), that's it.

I don't really have time to sit down and watch telelvision for hours like most people do. I only watch telelvison on Sunday night (two hours), that's it.

Ah, I see. Do you watch Desperate Housewives shows? I bet that you are attractive to Andrew Van de Kamp? Oops.

Ah, I see. Do you watch Desperate Housewives shows? I bet that you are attractive to Andrew Van de Kamp? Oops.

You guessed right! :) I also watch Brothers & Sisters. That's my only two shoes that I always watch.

Andrew Van de Kamp is cute but not my type. I think John The Gardner and Mike The Plumber are hot! :giggle:

Am I the only person who thinks two TV sets in one room looks weird? It's kind of like the TV's are taking over the house. It also seems too expensive.

I've never seen two TV's in one room in any home decorating magazines or TV programs. I can't imagine any way to nicely fit two TV's into one room. I have a hard enough time fitting one TV into a room. :)

TVs aren't as expensive as they used to be. You can buy a 27" Tube TV for under $175 these days. They even sell them for $150 or less on sale! You can buy 20" TV for $100 these days.

So it may explain why there's more TV sets in households these days.

TVs aren't as expensive as they used to be. You can buy a 27" Tube TV for under $175 these days. They even sell them for $150 or less on sale! You can buy 20" TV for $100 these days.

So it may explain why there's more TV sets in households these days.

Well, banjo, that would be another reason, but would someone can afford 2 of over 32" LCD television screens these days? I think not.

Maybe, the TV tubes might be no longer working in 2009. They "force" people to buy a plasma or LCD monitor because it is a digital TV. They could get a special adapter for your old TV to connect a digital TV station, but the quality may not be the same.

I could imagine that there will be a massive TV sets at several dumps and some recycle programs. I believe that many people refuse to pay a fee by the pound at the recycle program so they rather toss their TV to an illegal dump or on the street. I drove pass and saw some old TV sets on the sidewalk which created a pollution vision. I do not think that the Government will help people for a special program. For example, U.S. Government did not help people back to their feet that they lost their home in New Orleans, LA. It has been two years. (Actually, some bad churches and charities did not help them at all because they keep their money in the pocket. Most people helped and made some donations to them.)

Maybe, the TV tubes might be no longer working in 2009. They "force" people to buy a plasma or LCD monitor because it is a digital TV. They could get a special adapter for your old TV to connect a digital TV station, but the quality may not be the same.

I could imagine that there will be a massive TV sets at several dumps and some recycle programs. I believe that many people refuse to pay a fee by the pound at the recycle program so they rather toss their TV to an illegal dump or on the street. I drove pass and saw some old TV sets on the sidewalk which created a pollution vision. I do not think that the Government will help people for a special program. For example, U.S. Government did not help people back to their feet that they lost their home in New Orleans, LA. It has been two years. (Actually, some bad churches and charities did not help them at all because they keep their money in the pocket. Most people helped and made some donations to them.)

Yeah, I noticed that, they seem not to plan to rebuild the city, but the city remains the same ruin as it is today. A ghost town now. Not good!

Well, banjo, that would be another reason, but would someone can afford 2 of over 32" LCD television screens these days? I think not.

32" LCD televisions aren't that expensive either these days. People don't have to buy them on the same day, you know.

You can get a 37" LCD HDTV (768p) for just 500 to 700 dollars these days, maybe even less.

A lot of households contain at least 4 television sets these days.

By the way, I can afford to buy a few television sets if I wanted to. A lot of families are able to afford bigger television sets than that.

32" LCD televisions aren't that expensive either these days. People don't have to buy them on the same day, you know.

You can get a 37" LCD HDTV (768p) for just 500 to 700 dollars these days, maybe even less.

A lot of households contain at least 4 television sets these days.

By the way, I can afford to buy a few television sets if I wanted to. A lot of families are able to afford bigger television sets than that.

That is cheap! But my father bought a $2,700 32" SONY Bravia LCD screen.

Back