Why deafies have two TV sets in one room??

Shel I just looked at it and its pretty damn easy looks like.

is there a way I can have cable hooked up to the TV as well as the VP??

Also we might be getting IPTV where everything, Internet, TV, phone all comes throug the phonelines so we may be getting off cable altogether soon enough. Can I use the VP along with the IPTV??

Once u register, a VP technican will come to your home and hook everything up. All u need is a chosen monitor and high speed Internet. The tech takes care of everything else. Pretty neat! All the techs that I know are all deaf people so most likely the tech who comes to your home will be deaf. :)

Out here in the boondocks??

I wouldnt mind having the deaf technician in the house its the fact that I seriously lack in ASL dept! I guess will have explain to him as best I can that I am HOH and I am currently learning ASL.

Out here in the boondocks??

I wouldnt mind having the deaf technician in the house its the fact that I seriously lack in ASL dept! I guess will have explain to him as best I can that I am HOH and I am currently learning ASL.

How far away is the closest major city to u? It is possible that someone will have to drive a long ways to go to your home. Techs do that in PA ..drive from the big cities to go into the rural towns.

I am 70-80 mi west of Little Rock by 10. 80 miles or more by I-40.

Ft Smith is west of here by about the same distance, but may be slightly closer.

Wow. That is a weirdo.

It seems that one left eye is watching a TV on the left, and the right eye is watching another TV on the right side. He/she must have two split personalities. It's same thing for the ears. :eek3:

last year, in my dorm room, my roommate and i each brought our own televisions. initially, she brought hers in the beginning of the year, but it was an old model and didn't have closed captioning. so i decided to bring an old one that was stored in the garage that has CC. so we set our televisions side by side, and she watches her tv with sound and then i mute my tv and just watch it with CC. it worked out great! :)

What a good solution! That's great cooperation between roomates.

I remember that my old elder friends have two tv. I asked them why they have two tv. They said they never argeee what they want to watch. They decide to have two tv so they wont argue over their favorite shows.

while that is wonderful! there will be no fight then.

In most deaf people's house, they always have two television sets sitting side by side in the living room or bedroom. They watch two different programs at the same time. Do you have two TV sets together in one room? Very wierd!

I do not see if most Deaf people have two TV in their homes. They do have a monitor for baby sleep and cry. One TV for video phone and TV combine.

** perplexed ***

I do not see if most Deaf people have two TV in their homes. They do have a monitor for baby sleep and cry. One TV for video phone and TV combine.

** perplexed ***

so you can set up your TV to have a TV mode and a VP mode?

my parents whos deaf always have 2 tvs in living room for years.. now have 2 27s in thier living room one for sports or whatever and other one for soap opera lol OR VP..

Well I have a household with two tv's in the lounge - the 51cm is the family one, the top one 34cm is mine - I use that to plug in the headphone - so now everyone is happy to watch the same thing on two tvs, or even different shows :)

Heck, no. I don't do this. I have my own tv to watch what I want. I don't need to drive myself crazy watching two programs. The reason for more than one tv in households is because each person wanna watch something different. That's why I don't have cable tv because I cannot settle on watching one program. Drives me crazy.

I don't understand why people need two TV's in the same room just because they want to watch different programs. Can't they record one program for later? Or use the PIP feature? Or go to another room to watch TV? Or learn to compromise? Is TV that important?

I don't even like the space that one TV takes up in my family room. I can't imagine having two in the same room.

Interesting, I never meet any Deaf people who have 2 TV sets in one room.

As for me I only have 1 TV in my bedroom.

Reba - this is America, TV is VERRRRY important - advertisers want to reach more audiences so people will spend more money. I find it almost silly to see a commercial for a TV on the TV. My TV works fine thank you very much - I dont need another TV unless I am unable to view this AD or anything else for that matter on my TV.

As stated a few post up, I can't understand why one can't understand "why have two tv's" ? Perhaps where you are you get the option of how supplies are easy in getting a tv with 2 outputs for headphone use. So yes the one tv has one output only (Thats what I don't use) So the second smaller 34cm next to it, is the tv my headphones go in.
So yes, convenient for me. Got it both ways really - I can watch dvd or video or tv just like the people are watching on the main tv. Or which is on a rare occasion, I will watch a different program on the smaller tv which has my headphone hooked in.

but they make some headphones now where you can hook it to the output and the sounds still comes out the way it normally does but you can put the headphones on and adjust the volume to your personal level without causing everyone else to go deaf because the TV is too loud for them. At least it is available here in the states.

so you can set up your TV to have a TV mode and a VP mode?

Since no one else answered, Yes, it is possible. Many TV's have a button to switch between video (game on my tv) and TV mode. The VP is hooked up to run in video mode. Some tv's don't have the button, but instead have a special video channel.

I got 2 TVs in my living room cuz of football season!!!!!! During off season of football, I dont need use 2 TVs till NCAA March Madness!!!! After NCAA MM done, then I dont need use 2 TVs till any special sports then put 2 TVs on...

ya but I don't do that anymore because I don't watch much TV on PC.

I'm curious to see some pictures of how these two-TV setups in one room look. The house that I visited with the two TV's had them sitting next to each other.
They took up a lot of space.

Back