Which Surgery CI belongs to?

Which Surgery CI belongs to?

• Is CI belonging to save human’s risk life?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Is CI belonging to Cosmetics to improve human’s bodies?

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Is CI belongs to "Lasix"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:bsflag:

The ignorance and lack of knowledge about Cochlear implants by some of you is scary. I can't imagine having such strong views against something that I know so very little about. Maybe some of you should avoid passing such judgements until you have researched it completley.

mylittlemen said:

The ignorance and lack of knowledge about Cochlear implants by some of you is scary. I can't imagine having such strong views against something that I know so very little about. Maybe some of you should avoid passing such judgements until you have researched it completley.

Please read carefully what I say in first place... NOBODY judge you...

I only put the poll to make everyone see the sense that CI is not belong to Risk life... because everyone mixed heart diease, cancer, etc with CI situation...
Please remember that we are not against CI... We respect everyone´s choice.
I only ask you for your opinion which Surgery CI is belong to...
I will ask Monitor to add one more poll "Lasix" Surgery to 2 poll because I didn´t know about Lasix...
Thank you...

mylittlemen said:

Can't have everything go ur way Miss...People here have different Opinions and Nobody is wrong... Remember keep an open mind on both sides of View...Thank you... :smoking:

Megalofyia said:
Lasix surgery for vision isn't cosmetic and it isn't life saving, .

I do think that Lasix surgery is cosmetic.. because it improves your vision.. and then you no longer need ur glasses.

mylittlemen said:
I can't imagine having such strong views against something that I know so very little about. Maybe some of you should avoid passing such judgements until you have researched it completley.

Tell me about it, an opinion is an opinion. But the reality is, some opinions does outweigh the other opinions when it come to knowledge. ;)

Cochlear Implants do have a purpose and that is to enable the late-deafened, hard-of-hearing and those who are losing their hearing rapidly. We cannot impose our "Deaf Culture" on those who were born hearing and had no exposure to our world. The late-deafened struggle through a lot and they are being expected to accept our world. We cannot expect this and their last resort of hearing before having a silent world is a Cochlear Implant. They will grab this chance before being immersed in a quiet world because they will definitely be dragged kicking and screaming into our "Deaf Culture". Vice versa for the Deaf militants that would be dragged kicking and signing if they are to be immersed solely in the hearing world.

Socrates said:
They will grab this chance before being immersed in a quiet world because they will definitely be dragged kicking and screaming into our "Deaf Culture". Vice versa for the Deaf militants that would be dragged kicking and signing if they are to be immersed solely in the hearing world.

Oooh—well said. Permission to borrow that line sometime? :thumb:

Good Thread Liebling! :)

I voted ' Cosmetics '.....

mylittlemen said:

Banjo said:
Tell me about it, an opinion is an opinion. But the reality is, some opinions does outweigh the other opinions when it come to knowledge.

" Even though we support freedom of speech, show some respect, use common sense, and keep an open mind when participating in discussions. "

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=95 ;)

^Angel^ said:
Good Thread Liebling! :)

" Even though we support freedom of speech, show some respect, use common sense, and keep an open mind when participating in discussions.

Stay on topic please. This is about cochlear implants, not freedom of speech, respect, common sense and open minds. Leave it up to the moderators.

Now, cochlear implants. My opinion is that it's not a cosmetic nor life-saving surgery. But I do see it as a very important surgery.

Last edited:
Lasix?? never heard of it. I have heard of LasiK <-- K http://www.lasik.com/

Lasix: http://www.tirgan.com/lasix.htm
Lasix is one of the most frequently used medicines and has been around for many decades. Lasix causes kidneys to produce more urine, as a result it reduces the amount of free water in the body. Along with increase in urine volume, Lasix causes loss of Sodium and Potassium in the urine.

:-o

Banjo said:
Now, cochlear implants. My opinion is that it's not a cosmetic nor life-saving surgery. But I do see it as a very important surgery.

"very important surgery"? Which exactly Surgery...

Boult said:
Lasix?? never heard of it. I have heard of LasiK <-- K http://www.lasik.com/

Lasix: http://www.tirgan.com/lasix.htm

:-o

me either... Thank you for add the websites...

I can´t ask Monitor to correct & change from Lasix to lasik again which he did add one more poll "lasix" for me yesterday because one member here already remind me over that lasik surgery to explain what it´s mean...

lasik or lasix are still not belong CI surgery but comestic.

Hi Alex, thank you for add one more poll for me :thumb:
Again lasik :dunno:
See Boult´s website...

Last edited:
Banjo said:
I just said it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I never heard that "important" surgery... :laugh2:

Can you please add the website on this post because I didn´t find "important" surgery in the websites...

Back