what is a spiritual spouse

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
what is a spiritual spouse? do you ladies and gents condone it? if you do have one- how do you deal with it?

I have never heard of it. Where did you learn this from?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I have never heard of it. Where did you learn this from?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

article-2386555-1B318EF9000005DC-910_634x828.jpg

I thought of this when I first saw the thread .

I think you are watching too many movies about ghosts. :lol:

On the other hand, are you thinking of having someone who goes to church and being spiritual instead of material? You want someone who love God and/or religion. We don't go for that. It is not advise to look for someone who is in deep religion.

This is dangerous if you keep looking for that, because you want to control her or him to be like a spiritual person. That is not the way to go at all.

Radioman, you have been here on AD since 2008. I am way confused about your statement. Are you being religion savy? :hmm:

Radioman, can you please explain what you mean?

Lol I knew you guys would be confused. Yeah I know its october, but thats not it. no ghosts here I promise.

kiklove has got it right though... I was wondering what your thoughts are .

The first thing that comes to mind refers to someone having sexual relations in their sleep, a kind of succubus, etc. Radioman hasn't given anything to narrow down the context of his question.

Last edited:
Lol I knew you guys would be confused. Yeah I know its october, but thats not it. no ghosts here I promise.

kiklove has got it right though... I was wondering what your thoughts are .
Why didn't you just say so?

My thoughts are, it's a Mormon problem, and since I'm not a Mormon it's not my problem.

sorry ladies -- something has turned up and I'm just struggling with the thought right now and wanted your thoughts. I do not wish to reveal who I know hence the reason why i was so vague at first.

Another thing is that do you think that the sister wives show is the same thing? I always thought that bigamy or polygamy is frowned on, but how in the heck did they get away with it being public on TV?!

. . . Another thing is that do you think that the sister wives show is the same thing? I always thought that bigamy or polygamy is frowned on, but how in the heck did they get away with it being public on TV?!
It's more than frowned upon--it's illegal in the USA. Of course, the laws against bigamy and polygamy aren't always enforced as they should be. But that's true of a lot of laws.

There's probably some legal technicalities involved with some of these situations. That is, they haven't filed legal marriage licenses for their multiple marriages.

Look into Mormon Doctrine on a spiritual spouse (after death?)?

Mormon Doctrine is an controversial book among the LDS community, because there are so many errors in that book. It's not an official book of LDS church. LDS members are not fan of Bruce R. McConkie because Bruce R McConkie pulled a stunt by publishing a book without The First Presidency's permission. LDS members get upset and cringed when one says an quote from the Mormon Doctrine. They finally had stopped selling that book. I think LDS members should know about Bruce R McConkie's stunt before they give a "talk" at a chapel.

Radioman,

If you want to know the scriptures regarding the spiritual death and Adam and Eve, LDS.org have information on that. Just go to search on the top and type it in and they will show you everything. It's up to you.

(full disclosure)- I have LDS relatives and my half brothers are related directly to a cousin of Joseph Smith. My half brothers have their records at LDS church, but they chose to not practice it. They both drink alcoholic beverages.

Mormon thing....bad enough got put up with it on earth spouse got follow you into eternity

Look into Mormon Doctrine on a spiritual spouse (after death?)?

Not sure of how its done but there is a ceremony in the Mormon religion a person can be "sealed" to their spouse and/or children so they'll be together in heaven as well.

I can not believe that Mormon man had more than five wives (T.V. show). I did not like to watch them. It is only allow in the State of Utah. It is a Mormon State. I have to agree with Barbaro. The Mormon Church were not being honest to the Mormon people and the outsiders. I had read some information about it before. It is not good there. :(

Not sure of how its done but there is a ceremony in the Mormon religion a person can be "sealed" to their spouse and/or children so they'll be together in heaven as well.

In the US, Husband and wife usually get sealed in the ceremony room if they are both worthy and have active recommend cards. If you're LDS and don't have recommend, you cannot enter the temple. Worthy LDS members only enter the temples. I'm told that the First Presidency will change its approach in a month or so that members will get married civilly first before they go to temple to get sealed. They believe that a family can be together for eternity after death.

In Latin America, Europe and Asia countries, by the law, LDS members have to get married civilly first before they get sealed at a temple.

When a new temple is built, the public is welcomed to go to the Temple Open House to take look around. Many preachers and ministers usually wrote stories about their experiences after they looked at those ceremony rooms at LDS temples. It's common. When a temple became formally dedicated, they allow only worthy LDS members for now.

If they get divorced civilly, but they remained sealed from the temple, they usually write their letters and send them to the church to 'unseal' their marriage.

I know several male LDS members avoid female widows, because female widows were already sealed to their late husbands. If male lds member married her, then they cannot get sealed in the temple, because she was already sealed to her first husband. They only get married civilly. Period.

I knew a LDS widow whose husband was killed in wreck. She had been dating a LDS guy, and he asked her to marry him. She accepted it, but her family had been pressured her to not get married to LDS guy when she was already sealed to her late husband. She often fought with her family. They finally got married civilly, but they didn't get sealed in the temple. She wrote several letters to the church to ask for permission, so she can get sealed to her second husband, but the church turned her down.

sorry ladies -- something has turned up and I'm just struggling with the thought right now and wanted your thoughts. I do not wish to reveal who I know hence the reason why i was so vague at first.

Another thing is that do you think that the sister wives show is the same thing? I always thought that bigamy or polygamy is frowned on, but how in the heck did they get away with it being public on TV?!

I saw that tv program and first thought was snip

Back