What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so am I. It's the second time he's had cancer in less than 5 years, and he's a friend I've known a long time, and let's just say that he's not wanting to get it taken care of. I do not yet know how long he has, but I'm hoping to find out sometime today. Dealing with this hasn't been easy, and the timing really sucks. :| Makes me wish I had a friend I could talk to, cause I can't do that here.
I'm very sorry that your friend has cancer. That's a hard thing to bear. :(

If you want to talk privately with someone at AD, don't forget you can use the PM feature.

How old is your friend?

I'm very sorry that your friend has cancer. That's a hard thing to bear. :(

If you want to talk privately with someone at AD, don't forget you can use the PM feature.

How old is your friend?

28. I would use the PM feature, but I'm not exactly sure who I just could talk to. Not even sure if some members would accept my PM's. That's why I rarely use it, but I'll figure SOMETHING out, but what exactly, I have no idea.

28. I would use the PM feature, but I'm not exactly sure who I just could talk to. Not even sure if some members would accept my PM's. That's why I rarely use it, but I'll figure SOMETHING out, but what exactly, I have no idea.
Your friend is young.

You can send a simple PM to a member just requesting contact, and see what the response is. That is, something like, "Do you mind if I chat with you about something on PM?" And then wait for a response.

Some members accept NO pm's, or they let their inboxes fill up, so don't take it personally if your pm doesn't get accepted.

Your friend is young.

You can send a simple PM to a member just requesting contact, and see what the response is. That is, something like, "Do you mind if I chat with you about something on PM?" And then wait for a response.

Some members accept NO pm's, or they let their inboxes fill up, so don't take it personally if your pm doesn't get accepted.

He is young.

Yeah, the no accepting PM part is what I'm wary about. I don't know which members do that and which don't, so that is the sticky part. I do know some do not want to hear from me, so there is that. I won't take it personally, no problem.

Today is Friday the 13th and tomorrow is Valentine's Day

Today is Friday the 13th and tomorrow is Valentine's Day

10930153_1023393477675072_8295565258870939383_n.jpg

sorry forgot about that but still something to keep handy. Always wondered what people would do "after hours" (aside from hotlines).

sorry forgot about that but still something to keep handy. Always wondered what people would do "after hours" (aside from hotlines).

So did I. The place I use does have an emergency number, but I hope I never have to use it.

WDYS, what's the significance of your bloody heart box of chocolates?

Probably the whole Friday the 13th comment that was made by Rio, but it's still .. morbid ... the picture...

Already have a therapist, thanks. Her schedule is just too full at this moment. I'll be fine. Just need to get over the nastiness of the shock, and getting used to that fact.

UPDATE: Looks like he's at the doctor's office now. I'll wait until I know more.

I just got news that his cancer is gone, and it turns out he took a really powerful medicine to fight it, and from what I was told, it made him tired a lot. And not cheap. That just makes my day get a little bit better.

I just got news that his cancer is gone, and it turns out he took a really powerful medicine to fight it, and from what I was told, it made him tired a lot. And not cheap. That just makes my day get a little bit better.

I'm pleased you got good news on that situation, hope your friend stays in remission!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back