What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that the skunk we are trying to catch in the trap is super smart. He is able to eat the bait without setting off the trap. The possum was not as smart. Yesterday morning the skunk smell out back was horrible, woke me up. Gross!!! No clue why these little stinkers are so close and so stinky these last few years.

What do you use for bait? Try a can of cat food sitting in the trap.

Should they open the can or make the skunk work for it? :lol:

Lol yes open the can but it should still have to work for it when it eats down so low and that should set the trap off :laugh2: Then again maybe skunks carry can openers with them when there skunking around :laugh2:

What do you use for bait? Try a can of cat food sitting in the trap.

Animal Control suggested a cracker with peanut butter so that is what we have been using. Have to wait until Sunday night to try to catch it again as Animal Control won't come out on Friday-Sunday.

When my husbands truck was parked at the gym tonight, some jerk broke the side window and stole his work bag which had his wallet, with credit card, debit card, drivers license, cash, work entry badge, parking garage key, his glasses, planner etc. Luckily they did not see his brand new $600 phone or blue tooth. So we cancelled the credit cards again and will call our insurance to get the truck window fixed. People who do this really tick me off.

He has been going to the same gym for over 20 years and this was the first time his truck was broken into. The gym lockers get broken into often, so leaving stuff in his truck has been safer up to now.

When my husbands truck was parked at the gym tonight, some jerk broke the side window and stole his work bag which had his wallet, with credit card, debit card, drivers license, cash, work entry badge, parking garage key, his glasses, planner etc. Luckily they did not see his brand new $600 phone or blue tooth. So we cancelled the credit cards again and will call our insurance to get the truck window fixed. People who do this really tick me off.

He has been going to the same gym for over 20 years and this was the first time his truck was broken into. The gym lockers get broken into often, so leaving stuff in his truck has been safer up to now.

I was going to suggest locker until I read that they get broken into often.

Them getting it by breaking a window makes me think it was visable from the outside. If it is a pickup, how about one of those lockable tool storage things that fit in the front of the bed?

I was going to suggest locker until I read that they get broken into often.

Them getting it by breaking a window makes me think it was visable from the outside. If it is a pickup, how about one of those lockable tool storage things that fit in the front of the bed?

His windows have very dark tint, plus who would think their lunch box would get stolen. It could have been so much worse, just a bit of a inconvenience for him to replace his drivers license etc.

His windows have very dark tint, plus who would think their lunch box would get stolen. It could have been so much worse, just a bit of a inconvenience for him to replace his drivers license etc.

Since you said "work bag" I thought it was larger than the usual lunch box.

Oh, Angel, what a terrible situation, I am so sorry that happened to your husband.

what a jerk!! no winner either locker or truck window.

I'm sorry that happened. That is so frustrating and aggravating. I wish they could find out who did it. I hope nothing bad happens with the stuff that was stolen.

This is just... hope he gets replacements easily and soon. Sorry to hear about your husband's situation Angel. :hug:

That totally sucks. Hope everything works out smoothly with the replacements. That's so great, though, that they didn't get the phone or bluetooth. Guess they were not interested in technology but just the cash and access to cash.

Luckily my husband doesn't keep much in his wallet, it's all just a big pain. He is on vacation starting Thursday and now our time is going to be spent getting the truck window fixed, DMV, etc. Truck was alarmed too but only goes off when the door is opened. Poor guy can't see his computer monitor at work since they stole his glasses. We cancelled everything before whoever it was could charge anything.

Luckily my husband doesn't keep much in his wallet, it's all just a big pain. He is on vacation starting Thursday and now our time is going to be spent getting the truck window fixed, DMV, etc. Truck was alarmed too but only goes off when the door is opened. Poor guy can't see his computer monitor at work since they stole his glasses. We cancelled everything before whoever it was could charge anything.

Angel1989, my Dad had a similar thing happen when someone picked the lock to his semi-truck and snatched his wallet right here in Chicago. However, that experience he had made me that much more aware about where my stuff is at all times, and so far I haven't yet had any problems, but earlier today I did run into a problem, as my pant leg ripped while riding my bike (along with a few choice words), and I had to get a pant cuff to prevent further damage, and just before I left, the bike store owner handed me my money, which I had forgotten about, and nearly left without. That kindness reminded me of how valuable doing stuff like that is.

Last edited:
I learned that there are several very beautiful statues on Clark and Broadway. I learned that during recent bike trips the last couple of days. Hopefully I can get a picture of them, and post them here. Some of them are really beautiful. One is a butterfly, and that one is the one I want to get first.

That some people think it's wrong to worry about a neighbor dying from a heart attack !

That some people have reading comprehension difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back