What Are You Reading Right now?

Botti, I don't like to read series out of order. Part of my obsessive/compulsive tendencies. But he's writing them out of order. The last Egyptian book is really good.

My kid has read each book twice, except for The Son of Neptune, which he graciously allowed me to read. :D

Botti, I don't like to read series out of order. Part of my obsessive/compulsive tendencies. But he's writing them out of order. The last Egyptian book is really good.

My kid has read each book twice, except for The Son of Neptune, which he graciously allowed me to read. :D

Nice boy! :P

Speaking of time, did anyone read the Time Traveler? That was hard to read! I haven't seen the movie, though.

just finish reading

i just finish read a good book called the one who waits for me by lori copeland i hope you read her book she is a good writer

"The Book of Negroes"

Oh I loved it too! very touching book.
If you liked it, you'll like "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, too.

I read The Time Traveler's Wife. It's by Audrey Niffenegger, right?

I liked it, although nearing the end I think it well could have been condensed
by 1/4 and greatly benefit by this.
Audrey after "Wife.." wrote another book, I haven't read it - "Her Fearful Symmetry"
and wonder if it's as good as the first.
Does anyone read it yet? if so, what's your opinion?

Right now I am about to finish
Tim Gunn's
Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work

It's surprisingly well penned book,
with lots of everyday sensible advice, etiquette lessons,
written with warmth, compassion and experience.
And a tidbits of inside gossip! :)

I sincerely recommend it!

ps- I saw the movie, too. It's not bad, either, and the actors are so good looking! :)

Fuzzy

Keep a Little Secret by Dorothy Garlock in print form from the library and Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Whitson on my Nook for PC.

Just finished reading the Steve Jobs book.

Now it's back to reading Trading For A Living.

Just finished reading the Steve Jobs book.

Now it's back to reading Trading For A Living.

ah I was just about to read Steve Jobs book after I brew up my espresso. how was it?

It's a pretty good read. He was basically a perfectionist who had all these cool ideas for Apple products. Funny how he'd curse a lot, like when he didn't like a product and he'd yell "this is shit!" I kinda felt bad for his employees who had to put up with him. But, then again, if it wasn't for Steve Jobs, Apple wouldn't be the way it is today.

After reading his biography book, I got to appreciate his products more. I'm kind of glad I switched to the Mac Pro and iPhone. Look forward to getting an iPad and laptop next. :)

I am currently reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, in print form from the library and The Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris on my Nook for PC.

I am currently reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, in print form from the library and The Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris on my Nook for PC.

The second one sounds really cool! How do you like it so far?

I'm reading Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, and I use Nook for PC too. It's really convenient because there are lots of terms I need to look up, especially names of places, kinds of plants and trees, stuff like that. Good read, though.

Catching Fire, the second book in the series, Hunger Games. This is an interesting survival story in a future world.

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, 1906. Makes me appreciate how easy my life is.

"Million Dollar Habits", Robert J. Ringer

It's really a philosophical book about life more than anything...

It's a pretty good read. He was basically a perfectionist who had all these cool ideas for Apple products. Funny how he'd curse a lot, like when he didn't like a product and he'd yell "this is shit!" I kinda felt bad for his employees who had to put up with him. But, then again, if it wasn't for Steve Jobs, Apple wouldn't be the way it is today.

After reading his biography book, I got to appreciate his products more. I'm kind of glad I switched to the Mac Pro and iPhone. Look forward to getting an iPad and laptop next. :)

Off topic...My goodness, your daughter is beautiful!

^^^I think many high schools should have this on their list, if they don't already. It would be a much needed eye-opener for many.

Back