Watch for Hurrricane Sandy on East Coast

I'm wonder if the electricity goes out in Alex's house so could cause outage on AD forum like unable to load or check forum?

I am okay and am still alive. Sooo much trees fell down n some landed on my neighboars houses in Ansonia, CT. but lucky didnt go through roof... I was shocked that my power did not even go out! I was busy helping my neighboars with cutting trees and put it by the road for town to pick up.. Being higher on top of the mountain defin got more tree damages than being at sea level. Sea level get flooded like crazy..I hope everybody on this forum who went through this storm made it out okay!

I am okay and am still alive. Sooo much trees fell down n some landed on my neighboars houses in Ansonia, CT. but lucky didnt go through roof... I was shocked that my power did not even go out! I was busy helping my neighboars with cutting trees and put it by the road for town to pick up.. Being higher on top of the mountain defin got more tree damages than being at sea level. Sea level get flooded like crazy..I hope everybody on this forum who went through this storm made it out okay!
Glad you're OK. :)

I think Alex got dedicated server or maybe more. Its never good idea to have only one server at one location.

I'm wonder if the electricity goes out in Alex's house so could cause outage on AD forum like unable to load or check forum?

Looks like from the latest news that many are reaching the breaking point. Can't say I blame them, no electricity, no gas, everything closed, no assistance, and no news of relief.

Laura

I was watchin Cooper Anderson show and they showed a woman beratin in front of camera. :lol: I know exactly how they feel...only never been a flood victim.. must be horrible not able to drive a car and stay warm. No power and major floodin doesnt sound fun at all and it's cold. :shock: She was bitchin not havin power for 3 days. Im like, really? That aint nothin. Try a week without power.Ppl need to learn patience.

A rumor is a guy refused to let a woman and her two young boys go inside his home. The boys were found dead.. The guy said he never saw a woman at his doorstep with two kids. I dont think he was bein honest.

Staten Island got hit the hardest in NYC. Gas everywhere in water..I saw major bubbles comin up from water and it's GAS!! :shock:

Still windy in Ohio. :eek3:

What I learned is never have a home in coastal cities and towns. YIKES!!! Beach must be nice but it will come back and haunt you...just aint worth it.

This is so sad. I hope all of our forum members who live out there are doing okay.

So gross, did you see all the dead rats!!!! They say that is a huge positive but all I see is more contamination!!!

I have lived through 5 major hurricanes, 7 tornadoes and a house fire. All you can do is just be prepared for when the storms hit.

Contingency plans really work.

Yeah, yeah, I know. crazy talk (until it happens to you). It is actually better than shaking your fist at the sky (although, that is very therapeutic).

Not everyone got through Sandy safe

I feel fortunate that Massachusetts wasn't hit as hard as NJ and NY - all I can say is I missed a day of work. Others were not so lucky to have just a few broken trees.....

Laura

Brandon And Connor Moore, Missing Staten Island Brothers, Found Dead After Hurricane Sandy

By EILEEN AJ CONNELLY 11/01/12 10:44 PM ET EDT AP

Staten Island, NY News, NYPD, Video, Brandon Moore, Brandon Moore Connor Moore, Brandon Moore Missing, Bodies Of Missing Staten Island Boys, Connor Moore, Connor Moore Missing, Hurricane Sandy 2012, Missing Boys Hurricane, Missing Staten Island Boys, Staten Island Hurricane, New York News

NEW YORK — Two young brothers swept from the arms of their mother by the violent sea at the height of Superstorm Sandy were found dead in a marsh Thursday, a tragic exclamation mark on an epic storm.

The boys, 2-year-old Brandon and 4-year-old Connor Moore, were sucked into the swirling floodwaters as their mother, Glenda Moore, tried to escape her SUV after it stalled Monday in the deluge on Staten Island, one of the areas hardest hit by the storm that has claimed 90 lives.

"Terrible, absolutely terrible," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said as he announced that the bodies had been discovered on the third day of a search that included police divers and sniffer dogs.

"It just compounds all the tragic aspects of this horrific event."

Police said the 39-year-old mother had driven from her flooded home toward her sister's house in Brooklyn when the car became stuck about 6:10 p.m. Monday, forcing her to confront the rising water and the relentless cadence of pounding waves as she clung to her boys' arms.

"As the water swelled she lost her grip of her children and they were swept away," police said in a release.

Kelly said the mother "was totally, completely distraught. She started looking for them herself, asking people to help her look."

After the boys disappeared, police said, Moore fled and in a panic climbed fences and went door-to-door looking in vain for help in a neighborhood that was presumably largely abandoned in the face of the storm.

Police said she flagged down an emergency vehicle about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday and authorities began their search. Police said she told them she tried to find help and eventually gave up, spending the night trying to shield herself from the storm on the front porch of an empty home.

The search continued in the days that followed, with numerous emergency personnel joining the march through Staten Island marshland. The bodies were found about 100 feet from each other at the end of a narrow dead end street.

Television video later showed the water-logged SUV, two children's car seats visible through a window.

Damian Moore, the boys' father, reached on his cell phone, said he had no comment about the tragedy.

The boys were among 19 storm victims found on Staten Island, out of nearly 40 who died in New York City's five boroughs. Those identified Thursday included a couple who apparently drove away from their home as the storm struck.

The 89-year-old man and 66-year-old woman were found lying next to a car in a vacant lot. Police believe they drowned after climbing out to escape rising water.

Authorities stressed that the death toll was preliminary, and that the total could change if the medical examiner determines any deaths were not storm-related.

I was watchin Cooper Anderson show and they showed a woman beratin in front of camera. :lol: I know exactly how they feel...only never been a flood victim.. must be horrible not able to drive a car and stay warm. No power and major floodin doesnt sound fun at all and it's cold. :shock: She was bitchin not havin power for 3 days. Im like, really? That aint nothin. Try a week without power.Ppl need to learn patience.

A rumor is a guy refused to let a woman and her two young boys go inside his home. The boys were found dead.. The guy said he never saw a woman at his doorstep with two kids. I dont think he was bein honest.

Staten Island got hit the hardest in NYC. Gas everywhere in water..I saw major bubbles comin up from water and it's GAS!! :shock:

Still windy in Ohio. :eek3:

What I learned is never have a home in coastal cities and towns. YIKES!!! Beach must be nice but it will come back and haunt you...just aint worth it.

New York is still going to have it marathon and bodies are still being pulled out of the water! WTF is wrong with the mayor , he allowing the marathon to still go on when people have no homes , food or heat. And I just heard on the weather report another storm is going to hit on Tuesday night along the east coast.

Mayor did nothing wrong! Do you expect he able to rebuild homes overnight? Marathon can go on because it does not require anything but road to run.

There are times that government really can't do much overnight. Trust me, American will rise once again just like in the past but unfortunately it won't be the same.
So quit blaming on others Cause blaming games makes me sick!

New York is still going to have it marathon and bodies are still being pulled out of the water! WTF is wrong with the mayor , he allowing the marathon to still go on when people have no homes , food or heat. And I just heard on the weather report another storm is going to hit on Tuesday night along the east coast.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Preparing and following evacuation orders--personal responsibility.

Mayor did nothing wrong! Do you expect he able to rebuild homes overnight? Marathon can go on because it does not require anything but road to run.

There are times that government really can't do much overnight. Trust me, American will rise once again just like in the past but unfortunately it won't be the same.

Umm...massive generators for press tents, large number of volunteers, gas for follow vehicles, ice for concessions, water for facilities, drinking water. The marathon is a tremendous strain on resources.....even marathoners are protesting the race and opting to volunteer instead.

I disagree. They will serve water to marathon runners, and hundred thousand New Yorkers need more water than marathoners.

article-2226640-15CD8711000005DC-221_634x615.jpg

Resourceful: Some people have taken to filling up buckets of drinking water from fire hydrants to survive

So you think it is ok to give up? American is not based on giving up, but rather rebuilding and move on. If you guys look at American history you will see it differently.

When marathon goes, the world sees the background, trust me they will have more respect for NYC.

Bringing bottled water is not that hard comparing to restore the rest. PLUS it is not 100% power outrage, there are power available in parts of NYC.

I disagree. They will serve water to marathon runners, and hundred thousand New Yorkers need more water than marathoners.

article-2226640-15CD8711000005DC-221_634x615.jpg

with all the awful stuff going on, it would be nice to have something positive happen. I'm all for holding the marathon as planned.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Why didn't people prepare before the storm?

Why didn't people evacuate when ordered?

I don't understand how people are running out of gas so soon. If they filled their vehicles' gas tanks by Sunday, parked and didn't drive Monday during the storm, how is it by Wednesday everyone seems to have empty gas tanks? Where were they driving the day after the storm that they used up full tanks of gas?

I heard people complaining on Tuesday that they had run out of diapers for their babies. They knew a storm was coming but they didn't stock up? What, they buy only two-days worth of diapers at a time?

We did without running water and electricity for about a week after Hurricane Hugo. Other people went even longer. We had stocked up on non-perishables, filled the car gas tank, filled the propane tanks for the grill, filled every possible container with tap water, had plenty of pet food, stocked up on cleaning supplies, etc. I even had all the laundry done and house cleaned before the storm since I figured I wouldn't be able to do that after the power went out. Because we were prepared, we were able to go around after the storm helping other people who had more damage.

One benefit we had back then was that most people still had land-line phones. We never lost phone service.

Back