Upcoming 2009 movies

☆D3AFN3SS1337☆

Reaction score
I know there are few threads of those title movies, but mostly titles I have found that you couldn't believe... ;3

David & Goliath (2009)-Probably based on the Biblical story of the same name.
Dragonball (2009)-There's no Krillin in this movie, plus it's live action based on anime. I think we see where THIS is going.
Escape from New York (2009)-Snake Plissken is back, but who's playing him?
Evil Dead, The (2009)-Who's gonna be the new Ash? Hopefully they DON'T screw this up.
Fraggle Rock: The Movie (2009)-WHY?!
Friday the 13th (2009)-Why are they remaking THIS?
Gatchaman (2009)-Aka G-Force/Battle of the Planets. Fans of those series PRAY they don't screw this up.
Gears of War (2009)-Oh, God, a videogame-based movie.
G.I. Joe (2009)-Could be good if they don't screw it up.
Giant Monsters Attack Japan! (2009)-I'm not sure if this may be a parody or not, but the title alone might warrant a ticket sale or two.
Godzilla 3-D (2009)-Self-explanatory.
Goemon (2009)-Not sure, but I think it's based on the actual life of the Japanese Robin Hood.
Green Hornet, The (2009)-Based on the '60s TV show, I think...
Hannah Montana Movie, The (2009)-WHY?!
Hellraiser (2009)-I still have yet to see the original.
High School Musical 4 (2009) (TV)-WHY?!?
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)-Still too early to tell if this is a good movie or not.
Jurassic Park IV (2009)-Uhh.....Why are they still trying to milk this franchise?
Jetsons, The (2009)-Dear God, no. If the live-action Flintstones were of any indication, Hanna-Barbera cartoons should stay CARTOONS.
Kameo (2009)-Video game based movie
Kane & Lynch (2009)-Video game based movie
Kiki's Delivery Service (2009)-Is this supposed to be a Live action version of the Miyazaki movie? If so, then, it won't look good.
Legend of Spyro, The (2009)-Spyro the Dragon has his own movie now? Is Spyro even popular anymore?
Lupin the 3rd (2009)-I'm a bit worried about this one too.
Man Who Fell to Earth, The (2009)-I saw the original David Bowie film a short while ago on TV.
Masters of the Universe (2009)-Another He-Man movie?
Metal Gear Solid (2009)-Not sure about this one, but Hideo himself said that he's trying to make sure the movie goes well.
Night at the Museum 2: Escape from the Smithsonian (2009)-Meh...
Pink Panther 2 (2009)-I heard the first one was bad, so I don't have much hope for this one.
Rambo V (2009)-WHY?!
Ripley's Believe It or Not! (2009)-Jim Carrey as Robert Ripley....ok, then.
Samurai Jack(2009)-Hopefully THIS matches up to the cartoon series.
Seven Samurai, The (2009)-Why are they remaking this movie? Hopefully Kurosawa won't spin in his grave when this comes out.
Silver Surfer (2009)-I'm guessing this is the spin off from the Fantastic 4 sequel. Hopefully it will be good.
Sin City 3 (2009)-I didn't even know there was a Sin City 2.
The Sims: The Movie (2009)-I DID see a thread about this movie on here before. It's STILL stupid.
Smurfs, The(2009)-Uhhhh...what?
Spider-Man 4 (2009)-Wait...I thought Spider Man 3 was supposed to cap things off...
Spy Hunter (2009)-video game based movie starring the Rock.
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)-Hopefully this is better than the Van Damme Street Fighter.
Superman: Man of Steel (2009)-Might pique
Teen Titans (2009)-probably based on the comic, not the cartoon.
Tekken (2009)-videogame based movie
Terminator 4(2009)-Um...who's gonna be the Terminator now?
Tintin (2009)-Based on the French comic that hasn't really made any headway HERE, so why bother making a movie about it?
Three Stooges, The (2009)-Apparently a biographical film about the Three Stooges
Thor (2009)-Based on the Marvel Comic, I think...
Totally Spies (2009)-Oh dear lord.
Transformers 2 (2009)-Ehhh...Hopefully it's better than the last one
Wonder Woman (2009)-Based on the DC heroine of the same name.
The Witchblade (2009)-I have seen a LOT of fanart of this franchise...but I haven't even read the comics or watched the TV shows or anything about it.
Akira Part 1 and 2(2009)-with American actors...
The Watchmen(2009)-based on some old, obscure comic book that I don't know much about. Hopefully it's as good as the V for Vendetta movie.

GEARS OF WAR MOVIE!!! ZOMFG!
WITCHBLADE! Oh, man. I'm imagining there is an innconnet girl walking alone in the dark and a monster appears then this girl forms sexy-sharper-weapon-blades-chick with thong, man!
Transformers 2. I knew, because that Starscream is still alive and ran away from Earth and went somewhere -- maybe he had to tell more bad robots. Yay for more characters.
Three Stooges? o_o Hopeful it's not old humor anymore.
And those movies based on video games and anime.. I hopeFUL they won't screw it up.

What are your thoughts?

More proof that Hollywood started running out of ideas YESTERDAY. :roll: Smurfs??? Stop the madness.

guess kids love smurfs? remember our old time, we used to watch the smurf on tv show.. :shrug:

my son LOVE the Transformers and watched it many times.

guess kids love smurfs? remember our old time, we used to watch the smurf on tv show.. :shrug:

my son LOVE the Transformers and watched it many times.

Do kids today even know what smurfs are? Smurfs are from MY time (early to mid 1980's). There hasn't been a Smurf cartoon redux so I doubt if kids are quite familiar with them. The only comparison i can make would be a redux of H.R. Puffinstuff movie.. that was popular before i was born but nothing more has been made of it and even if it were, I doubt that i would have much interest in it because the nostalgia factor for me would be nil. Idk, perhaps there's some 40+ year olds who would shell out money for it but would their kids like it? :hmm:

No need to get angry. We both know it's coming out. Besides, that list up there only seems to mention pointless, utterly redundant remakes; something that Star Trek clearly is not.

I ain't angry. I am kind of offended to see it being not on the list because it is one of the most anticipated movies in 2009.

I ain't angry. I am kind of offended to see it being not on the list because it is one of the most anticipated movies in 2009.

Understood. I'm really looking forward to it too. Actually, it's the only 2009 movie i can think of that i'm genuinely excited about.

Escape from New York?! Holy Shit.....

The original's much-o better but hey we were past 1997 and Bill Clinton sure didnt look like Donald Pleasence....O well that's 1981 for us.

Hollywood's sure running out of fresh ideas for their movies...

I forward to see "Transformers 2" and "Watchmen".

I bought "Transformers 1" on sale for $3.00 at Target store earlier today.

"The Smurfs", I watched them when I was a kid. How cute!.

"The Wonder Woman", Ooh I want to see that.

"Superman, Man of Steel", is it the same actor again back in 2006 or 2007? hmm, interesting.

"Jurassic Park IV", no way!.

"Rambo", Slyvester is so dull. I'm not going to watch "Rambo" ever!.

I am looking forward to that Gears of War movie since it would be directed by the same director who directed the Die Hard movies so it should be a pretty good action packed thriller. :)

Witchblade...ehhh I think i like the comic books and witchblade anime better.

G.I. Joe...hmm Snake Eyes definetly kicks ass. Hope its pretty good too. :)

Tekken...I can only hope its animated than live action.

Metal Gear Solid...I would rather it anime or computer animated.

Spider-man 4...Director Sam Raimi wanted to have our forgiveness on that shitty Spider-man 3. :roll:

Jurassic Park 4...I think we seen enough Jurassic Park after the third installment in the trilogy.

Terminator : Salvation...I heard it may not be as good since my brother said it was from the same director who directed Charlie's Angels as the first two were pretty corny and...stupid.

Rambo V eh? If you noticed something in Rambo 4, Stallone kept his pretty large shirt on the whole time cause he dont want the audience to see his old, wiggled, flappy grandpa body.

I think the live action Akira should NEVER be made...let alone the orginal anime classic be well respected for years.

Dragonball...live action? I seen the trailer and it looks as bad as Mortal Kombat so no thanks.

Transformers 2...of course I hope it would be better than the first as well. with a very well written story this time.

Teen Titans...hmm I wonder who would play as Robin as the leader of the Titans.

I forward to see "Transformers 2" and "Watchmen".
Me too!
I bought "Transformers 1" on sale for $3.00 at Target store earlier today.
$3???
"The Smurfs", I watched them when I was a kid. How cute!.

"The Wonder Woman", Ooh I want to see that.
The Wonder Woman? Ah, I just remembered I watched one show of Heroes. This is kinda cool power. ;o I'd learn all school craps so I can get A+ grades. lol
"Superman, Man of Steel", is it the same actor again back in 2006 or 2007? hmm, interesting.
Not sure. And bad new, the website says it's delayed to 2011. ;[
"Jurassic Park IV", no way!.
Yes way! I wonder what is this about... Remember those gaint bird dinosaurs got freed and flied somewhere at the ending? They might make many birds and eat those humans. D=
"Rambo", Slyvester is so dull. I'm not going to watch "Rambo" ever!.
Damn right!

I am looking forward to that Gears of War movie since it would be directed by the same director who directed the Die Hard movies so it should be a pretty good action packed thriller. :)
True. That director is great with making those great action movies. I'd be very excited if he is.
Witchblade...ehhh I think i like the comic books and witchblade anime better.
My opinion: I like witchblade anime better than comic. Because I think witchblade comic is too much, uh, "alien" gears over those blade. How can I explain? Witchblade anime's "blade" is great and sexy.
G.I. Joe...hmm Snake Eyes definetly kicks ass. Hope its pretty good too. :)

Tekken...I can only hope its animated than live action.
Tekken is already animated like 10 years ago. >_> I'm sure it's live action (or hollywood)
Metal Gear Solid...I would rather it anime or computer animated.

Spider-man 4...Director Sam Raimi wanted to have our forgiveness on that shitty Spider-man 3. :roll:
SECONDED
Jurassic Park 4...I think we seen enough Jurassic Park after the third installment in the trilogy.
OH, c'mon! I really liked all series!
Terminator : Salvation...I heard it may not be as good since my brother said it was from the same director who directed Charlie's Angels as the first two were pretty corny and...stupid.
Really? I just have watched the latest trailer and it looked little intense to me. Wait, who will be the main actor?? Not THAT big guy... He is already old now!
Rambo V eh? If you noticed something in Rambo 4, Stallone kept his pretty large shirt on the whole time cause he dont want the audience to see his old, wiggled, flappy grandpa body.
lol'd!
I think the live action Akira should NEVER be made...let alone the orginal anime classic be well respected for years.
Indeed.
Dragonball...live action? I seen the trailer and it looks as bad as Mortal Kombat so no thanks.
Yeah, it's really different from anime. I heard this Goku actor is college student, not monkey from other planet. And that alien actor is not green, WHITE.
Transformers 2...of course I hope it would be better than the first as well. with a very well written story this time.
Why? The first was great! And I have read an from an random site about 2 will have new several MASSIVE robots and more actions.
Teen Titans...hmm I wonder who would play as Robin as the leader of the Titans.
God, I REALLY don't want to see his damn TIGHT. >_>

Prince of Persia, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, and Zelda. Maybe Metroid.

They're being made. Woot woot, go video games into real life movies.

Halo isn't on the list. And two months ago, Bungie canceled the movie project of Halo and started making new game, "Haloi 3: OSGT" for new hero and new campigns.

Nintendo is being very cautionous with their videogames being made into movies so I dont think we would see a Zelda or Metroid movie in a VERY long time.

Honestly, I think thats a good idea as well.

David & Goliath (2009)-might be good. One of the more inspirational and better stories in the bible.

Dragonball (2009)- this movies gonna blow.

Escape from New York (2009)-without Kurt Russell this movies gonna suck.

Evil Dead, The (2009)- *pulls hair out* i refuse to watch this. The original is EPIC.

Fraggle Rock: The Movie (2009)- pass

Friday the 13th (2009)-Why are they remaking THIS?

Gatchaman (2009)-no idea what this is

Gears of War (2009)- gonna suck like 90% of video game movies, im sure.

G.I. Joe (2009)-Could be good if they don't screw it up.--this is true.

Giant Monsters Attack Japan! (2009)-the title alone has my attention :)

Godzilla 3-D (2009)-could be meh, could be good. The last one sucked though

Goemon (2009)-hmm never heard of this.

Green Hornet, The (2009)-another comic book movie.... bleh

Hannah Montana Movie, The (2009)-will be a moneymaker unfortunatly

Hellraiser (2009)-bleh

High School Musical 4 (2009) (TV)- will suck like the others.

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)- should be decent

Jurassic Park IV (2009)-Uhh.....Why are they still trying to milk this franchise?

Jetsons, The (2009)-Dear God, no. If the live-action Flintstones were of any indication, Hanna-Barbera cartoons should stay CARTOONS. --i agree w/ this.

Kameo (2009)-Video game based movie which will probaly suck.

Kane & Lynch (2009)-Video game movie that i hope does well. Its based off a true story and the game is damn good :)

Kiki's Delivery Service (2009)-WTF is this?

Legend of Spyro, The (2009)- see above post

Lupin the 3rd (2009)- see above post II

Man Who Fell to Earth, The (2009)- has potential.

Masters of the Universe (2009)-i liked the old one as cheesy as it was but i liked it.... this one could be better :)

Metal Gear Solid (2009)-Not sure about this one, but Hideo himself said that he's trying to make sure the movie goes well.---well thats a good sign.

Night at the Museum 2: Escape from the Smithsonian (2009)-Meh...

Pink Panther 2 (2009)-I heard the first one was bad, so I don't have much hope for this one. --same here.
Rambo V (2009)-WHY?! i agree. The last one was ironically the best one in the series with a terrific ending so im also wondering WHY?

Ripley's Believe It or Not! (2009)-Jim Carrey as Robert Ripley....ok, then.

Samurai Jack(2009)-pass

Seven Samurai, The (2009)-Could be good

Silver Surfer (2009)-I'm guessing this is the spin off from the Fantastic 4 sequel. Hopefully it will be good.

Sin City 3 (2009)-Need to see 2 first but part 1 was beyond awesme. A must see more than likely.

The Sims: The Movie (2009)-potentially could be the most retarded idea ever.

Smurfs, The(2009)-Does smurfette get naked? if not, pass. ;)

Spider-Man 4 (2009)-Each one has gotten worse and worse, so i dont have high hopes for this one....

Spy Hunter (2009)-could be good...oh wait they cast the Rock? Fuck that then.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)- haha this is like 15 years overdue and no one cares except gaming nerds.

Superman: Man of Steel (2009)-Might pique my interest.

Teen Titans (2009)-pass
Tekken (2009)-double pass
Terminator 4(2009)-Christian Bale is in this which automatically makes it a win.

Tintin (2009)-i have no idea what this is. Dont care either.

Three Stooges, The (2009)- Could be ok if they do it right.

Thor (2009)-probaly the 2nd best comic book movie of '09

Totally Spies (2009)-WTF is this?

Transformers 2 (2009)-first one blew monkey balls. Megan Fox saved it. And she didnt even have to act....just bend over *smirk*

Wonder Woman (2009)-probaly will be a hit.

The Witchblade (2009)-a lot of people are excited for this, but we'll see.

Akira Part 1 and 2(2009)-lol no opinion here.

The Watchmen(2009)-probaly THE best movie of '09 by a mile.

Halo isn't on the list. And two months ago, Bungie canceled the movie project of Halo and started making new game, "Haloi 3: OSGT" for new hero and new campigns.

I dont blame bungie for doing that. They are protecting it from the possiblity of going to the cateorgy of the worst movies ever made so...sometimes things arent what they are meant to be and should just remain what they are meant for.

It is OKAY to see Halo in a comic book series, novels, and perhas an animated movie because with live people, you can never really get it right.

Back