The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not even gonna ask what you do sniff!! no way im going there! :eek3:

*cough cough* you spewed P.U. *runs away*

:hmm: good thoughts.
It feels like it is 8 of 10 people who post a hi suddenly 2 weeks ~ 1 month + go
2mz9pnn.jpg

for reasons I cannot begin to fathom to explain.

Everyone else who didn't reply, -5 points off on your exam!

Hey, that's not fair! I was asleep! Everybody posted about 10 pages while I was asleep! But as most of my university instructors like to say by the mathematical description on the grades descriptions, better never than late.

Shel's kid is showing symptoms of Jiro dissent, is that a good or bad thing?
no no. he was showing symptoms of Jiro Syndrome. that is good thing.

This is a LONG story so feel free to skip it if you like :) I was talking to a friend this morning about a particular clothing store (I won't mention the name here) and it brought back this memory. It is a story that upset me for a long time.

Back when I was in college, I worked at this said clothing store part-time. On a Saturday, after I'd been working all day, my then-boyfriend stopped by and said we were invited to a college party that night. I had been so busy with school and work that I was behind on laundry, and I didn't have a single clean pair of pants to wear. So I asked my boss if I could get off early so I could go buy a pair of jeans. She agreed and when it was just a few minutes shy of closing time I went to try on some jeans. Because there was only a few minutes, I hurried in the fitting room and I had trouble getting one pant leg off. I paid for the jeans and we went to the party. Getting home, I was tipsy and had trouble again getting one pants leg off. The next morning when I was fully awake and alert I took a look at the jeans. I folded them length-wise and realized one leg was much narrower than the other. This is back in the 90's - the days of tapered pants where it narrows down at the ankle. It was no wonder I had trouble getting them off twice - I had assumed it was because of my haste at first in the fitting room. So, Monday, after classes I went back to the store to return the jeans. Because Monday morning was a slow sales day, there was nobody in the department I wanted to return the jeans at. I went to the department one over which is the department I worked in. I showed the sales clerk (who was an associate of mine) the jeans and my receipt (the receipt even had my sales employee discount on it as well as my employee number, so there's no question it was MY receipt.) She rang up the refund and I left. In the parking lot, I was approached by store Security. They dragged me back to their office and accused me of stealing the jeans. I made them go talk to the girl I returned the jeans to and get the receipt and the jeans in question. They were gone a long time and when they came back they said they still didn't believe me. They called police and had me arrested. :eek: I was so furious. To this day I don't know what it was that made them approach me (other than that I returned the jeans to a different department) and I think once they found the jeans in question PLUS my receipt WITH my employee number they realized I was telling the truth, but weren't willing to admit it. I learned later that this store was having a shoplifting problem so Security was told to crack down on it and meet quotas of "caught" offenders each month. But I never stole those jeans so I was very, very, very shocked and angry. I even got fired.

(And, when I had to appear in court over this, I explained this to the public defense lawyer. I told them they could even ask as a witness that sales associate about the defective jeans because she saw them with her own eyes and that I gave her MY receipt with my employee number on it. She presented the case to the DA and they dropped charges. So I don't have a record, but that's still irrelevant. I was so humiliated over something I did not do and I've had that memory ever since.)

goddam Alleycat... goddam.... :mad2:

This is a LONG story so feel free to skip it if you like :) I was talking to a friend this morning about a particular clothing store (I won't mention the name here) and it brought back this memory. It is a story that upset me for a long time.

Back when I was in college, I worked at this said clothing store part-time. On a Saturday, after I'd been working all day, my then-boyfriend stopped by and said we were invited to a college party that night. I had been so busy with school and work that I was behind on laundry, and I didn't have a single clean pair of pants to wear. So I asked my boss if I could get off early so I could go buy a pair of jeans. She agreed and when it was just a few minutes shy of closing time I went to try on some jeans. Because there was only a few minutes, I hurried in the fitting room and I had trouble getting one pant leg off. I paid for the jeans and we went to the party. Getting home, I was tipsy and had trouble again getting one pants leg off. The next morning when I was fully awake and alert I took a look at the jeans. I folded them length-wise and realized one leg was much narrower than the other. This is back in the 90's - the days of tapered pants where it narrows down at the ankle. It was no wonder I had trouble getting them off twice - I had assumed it was because of my haste at first in the fitting room. So, Monday, after classes I went back to the store to return the jeans. Because Monday morning was a slow sales day, there was nobody in the department I wanted to return the jeans at. I went to the department one over which is the department I worked in. I showed the sales clerk (who was an associate of mine) the jeans and my receipt (the receipt even had my sales employee discount on it as well as my employee number, so there's no question it was MY receipt.) She rang up the refund and I left. In the parking lot, I was approached by store Security. They dragged me back to their office and accused me of stealing the jeans. I made them go talk to the girl I returned the jeans to and get the receipt and the jeans in question. They were gone a long time and when they came back they said they still didn't believe me. They called police and had me arrested. :eek: I was so furious. To this day I don't know what it was that made them approach me (other than that I returned the jeans to a different department) and I think once they found the jeans in question PLUS my receipt WITH my employee number they realized I was telling the truth, but weren't willing to admit it. I learned later that this store was having a shoplifting problem so Security was told to crack down on it and meet quotas of "caught" offenders each month. But I never stole those jeans so I was very, very, very shocked and angry. I even got fired.

(And, when I had to appear in court over this, I explained this to the public defense lawyer. I told them they could even ask as a witness that sales associate about the defective jeans because she saw them with her own eyes and that I gave her MY receipt with my employee number on it. She presented the case to the DA and they dropped charges. So I don't have a record, but that's still irrelevant. I was so humiliated over something I did not do and I've had that memory ever since.)

Wow! I think my hubby can relate about the humiliation..About a month ago, he was arrested at our house in the middle of the night. Turns out that it was an error with the address. I paid $700 to bail him out and still waiting to get my money back. They never apologized to him or anything. I am sure my hubby will be stuck with that memory for a long time.

HOLY Heck AlleyCat!!! That's so horrible!! If that had happened to me I would have been bawling my eyes out so scared. I've heard stories kind of like that from other people about security cracking down for quotas and arresting and charging innocent people

Alleycat's story, cut off to conserve forum space. Click the little next to her name to read it.

What a story! I can feel pent up anger and un-justification building up inside of me when I placed myself in the shoes of your tale.

Such is the world we know as society.

goddam Alleycat... goddam.... :mad2:

Thanks. I was furious too!

Wow! I think my hubby can relate about the humiliation..About a month ago, he was arrested at our house in the middle of the night. Turns out that it was an error with the address. I paid $700 to bail him out and still waiting to get my money back. They never apologized to him or anything. I am sure my hubby will be stuck with that memory for a long time.

That would suck big time. I sincerely hope you get that $700 back! That must've been a scary experience for you both.

HOLY Heck AlleyCat!!! That's so horrible!! If that had happened to me I would have been bawling my eyes out so scared. I've heard stories kind of like that from other people about security cracking down for quotas and arresting and charging innocent people

I did want to cry! I was so humiliated. At the police station the cop felt sorry for me when she was writing down the report - I explained it in full detail and she got a disgusted look on her face at what had happened. I'm just glad it stopped there except for having to go to court that one time and we got it all resolved then.

What a story! I can feel pent up anger and un-justification building up inside of me when I placed myself in the shoes of your tale.

Such is the world we know as society.

Unfortunately, yes.

I never shop at that store anymore. Why should I? And, ever since, at any store I go to, I am always very careful about how I shop, purchase things, and return things (if needed). I hate that.

Thanks. I was furious too!

That would suck big time. I sincerely hope you get that $700 back! That must've been a scary experience for you both.

Yea, to have my flashing light go off at 3 AM and to come down only to see the cops handcuffing and hauling my hubby out. I thought I was in a dream or something. My hubby was put in a maximum security prison..can u imagine that and he did nothing wrong! Shows that anyone can get arrested...

Yea, to have my flashing light go off at 3 AM and to come down only to see the cops handcuffing and hauling my hubby out. I thought I was in a dream or something. My hubby was put in a maximum security prison..can u imagine that and he did nothing wrong! Shows that anyone can get arrested...

I would be suing their ass off!

I did want to cry! I was so humiliated. At the police station the cop felt sorry for me when she was writing down the report - I explained it in full detail and she got a disgusted look on her face at what had happened. I'm just glad it stopped there except for having to go to court that one time and we got it all resolved then.

Unfortunately, yes.

I never shop at that store anymore. Why should I? And, ever since, at any store I go to, I am always very careful about how I shop, purchase things, and return things (if needed). I hate that.

So, whenever you see cops, do u feel anxious?

I would be suing their ass off!

I am begging my hubby to...but no money for a lawyer or so he says. He has to go to court but court date hasnt been set. I am a little frustrated with him for his lack of motivation to raise hell.

I am begging my hubby to...but no money for a lawyer or so he says. He has to go to court but court date hasnt been set. I am a little frustrated with him for his lack of motivation to raise hell.

Don't you have access to the account to see if there is money in there or not to hire an attorney?

So, whenever you see cops, do u feel anxious?

No. She (the cop) was actually really nice to me and was disgusted at what the store did to me. So I don't hold any negative thoughts against the cops. Just that store.

Hopefully everything works out with your hubby. That would suck just because of a wrong address. That kind of reminds me of when cops came to my door when I was living in an apartment building some 15 years ago. Nothing happened with that so it was all ok. (They were looking to arrest a specific person, and they were given the wrong apartment number. (mine!) But who they were looking for was right next door. Once the cops asked me for such-and-such name I told them that person didn't live here. They called the apartment building manager to find out which apartment it was supposed to be, and found out it was next door. So it ended right there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back