Searching for religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnocentOdion

Reaction score
How many people are unhappy with the religion they are (or were) part of, and are searching for one?

I used to be Christian, but I no longer am because my beliefs are so different to it. I hold Jesus in high regards and still believe in God, but I don't agree with most parts of Christianity.

I was thinking, who is seeking, and who has found it for sure? If so, what is it?

May I ask which part in the Bible that you do not agree on?

How many people are unhappy with the religion they are (or were) part of, and are searching for one?

I used to be Christian, but I no longer am because my beliefs are so different to it. I hold Jesus in high regards and still believe in God, but I don't agree with most parts of Christianity.

I was thinking, who is seeking, and who has found it for sure? If so, what is it?

One doesn't neccesarily have to subscribe to a particular religious doctrine to be a spiritual person. In fact, some of the most spiritual people I know are not members of any religious sect.

Well I was used to be a Catholic when I was little, later my parents decide to change to Christian so I became a Christian at my early teenage, but I start finding out that I have so much disagree and doubt against the Christians, so I researching about other religions and I was quite of into Wicca because of its simple law, but I still get the funny feelings "Why does it have to include the magics?" so I turned Wicca down, and decide to take a little more researching around, then finally found out that my beliefs are much much similar to Buddhism, so even though I don't believe WHOLE of the things in Buddhism, but I still feel Buddhism was a right religion for me.

So I am a Buddhist :)

I see, God has clearly expressed the authority of His Word when He pronounced blessings upon all those who obey His Word and curses upon those who disobey it. Also Jesus often quoted the Old Testament as God’s authoritative Word, when He was on earth spreading the Word of God. ;)

I am one of people who are not happy with christian church and fellowers. I found the person who I am and stick with the scritpture is my life ;)

Oh I aint surprise your situation. You aren't one, Me too. I guess that we are in same boat about disagree with most parts of christianity's view ;)

Yeah, see bold is my answer and Look at my quote:

Simply, I was used to be a christian, but not anymore. Scripture grew and grew my wisdom and experinces when I read verses by verses daily. now I hate the christian followers.

Don't ask me why nor questions.
from AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Christianity: A Different Person Is You Now

Well I was used to be a Catholic when I was little, later my parents decide to change to Christian so I became a Christian at my early teenage, but I start finding out that I have so much disagree and doubt against the Christians, so I researching about other religions and I was quite of into Wicca because of its simple law, but I still get the funny feelings "Why does it have to include the magics?" so I turned Wicca down, and decide to take a little more researching around, then finally found out that my beliefs are much much similar to Buddhism, so even though I don't believe WHOLE of the things in Buddhism, but I still feel Buddhism was a right religion for me.

So I am a Buddhist :)
Oh your post is really interesting me and thank you for your wonderful expreinces and shares with me. ;) I am happy that you found the buddah belief fit in you and life. I tell you the truth, I do sometime believe in parts of buddah's beliefs. :D

I didn't actually answer your question in my first post. Sorry. I was raised Catholic (father's religion), and my mother was Jewish, so I was exposed to both belief systems. I am considered to be Jewish by heritage, because the Jewish people figure heritage matrilinerally. However, if I were to classify my belief system, I would have to place myself in the category of secular humanist.

Oh your post is really interesting me and thank you for your wonderful expreinces and shares with me. ;) I am happy that you found the buddah belief fit in you and life. I tell you the truth, I do sometime believe in parts of buddah's beliefs. :D

:ty: :) Yupp, there are some of Buddhism's beliefs that are common alike other religions.. I want to ask you, if you don't mind, what is your religion or doesn't have one?

I am more liberal Christian than conservative Christian, I do believe in Jesus Christ. I do not agree with other Christians belief being saved by accept HIm as their savior once. They still do hurt others by telling us our thinkings and actions are wrong.

I am not part of any religion despite being baptised Catholic. I just dont believe in religion.

:ty: :) Yupp, there are some of Buddhism's beliefs that are common alike other religions.. I want to ask you, if you don't mind, what is your religion or doesn't have one?
yeppie, I correct you that some buddism are common other religions but their different part of views and beliefs. ;)

Ha.. Like I said somewhere in forums, Oh I found my quote:

However You or other can't make me the atheist nor agnostic like others can't make me their religion if they believed my word and follow me. they want me their leader. they can't make me become one of them. that what I believe my own beliefs and intincts. I always believe the mother nature where I born. not from magic or religion. thats why I am from natural parents like mamnals. smile
from AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Why do people become atheists? as you see that I haven't any religion. But I really fascinate many different religions that are so beautiful, isnt it? Puyopiyo!

I am more liberal Christian than conservative Christian, I do believe in Jesus Christ. I do not agree with other Christians belief being saved by accept HIm as their savior once. They still do hurt others by telling us our thinkings and actions are wrong.
very intresting your different of view. I do agree with your point.

There is nothing wrong with Christianity Religion beliefs, If one doesn't like the Christianity beliefs then they do not have to become a Christian Fellowship, But, don't be holding bitter thoughts or holding grudge over Christians. You're only opening yourself to risk. Forgive that's what Jesus would say. ;)

Just my two cents. ;)

As you say that you feel that Christianity is not one for you, then try to find out yourself what you really want.

I am a non-religion and beleive in reality. It doesn´t mean that I deny God and Jesus but I am still open mind on both sides between Evolution and creationism. :)

Check my 2 posts.

http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity...nity-different-person-you-now.html#post914258

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back