My hip surgery

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
Last Tuesday on March 9th I had surgery done on my left hip to fix a labrum tear and they also found my labrum bruised and torn all over and also they shaved some of the bone off of my hip joint to make it more round. I was kept overnight for observation and was discharged late yesterday around 6 pm or so. I had to have plenty of morphine Tuesday and yesterday due to the high pain levels. Now I am on just the Percocet and Aspirin and Aleve and stuff like that. Thank goodness for narcotics! I hate pain!

I hope the incisions heals well and that I won't get any infections. Infections are the last thing I want. I have two incisions with about six stitches or so. Thank goodness they did NOT use staples as they are painful to take out! They used black threads instead. Thank goodness, because I forgot to ask to make sure they didn't use staples! I am relieved! I'm always forgetting to ask about something, lol!

I will be having home health hospice nurse come by once or twice a week to change the dressing and help me with my baths and my fiance's grandma is loaning me her extra shower chair for my showers after the stitches are out, until then I have to take sponge baths, I guess.

I just found out that my fiance's work sent me some get-well flowers. How nice. They are one of the nicest people on earth.

I had great RNs. One of them looked like he just stepped out of an anime cartoon, with the hairdo and the whole thing. I thought that was awesome.

One of my veins blew yesterday and had to have my IV replaced in another part of my arm, cause pushing meds through my first IV site was PAINFUL! The new IV site was much better, no pain pushing meds through it! But my right hand is a bit swollen from the first IV. And it's a mess, there is adhesive residue all over it, ick!

I see my doctor again in two weeks for a checkup and to have the stitches taken out.

I'm to keep most of my body weight off of my left leg, only 30% of my body weight kept on the left.

I have to use the CMP for my left leg to keep it moving a couple times a day.

I hope the surgery will put the pain issues to an end and give me more mobility in the long run!

That's all for today.

Yay glad you had the surgery done:) Lot's of rest is good and sleep! Some good books to pass time as well:) Also very nice your fiances work sent you flowers. I love flowers! Get well and hope it helps!

Glad to hear the surgery went smoothly. I hope your recovery period will be fast, and that you won't live in pain again.

Rest and take care

I'm glad that you're surgery went well, and that you're getting the after care that you need.

I'm praying that you will have a quick and complete recovery. :hug:

I hope the surgery went success to reduce the pain! Pain does sucks! :lol:

At least you got wonderful nurse to help you, that is awesome...how sweet of your fiancee's work sent you flowers....too sweet!

Get well and recover fast! :)

I hope the surgery will put the pain issues to an end and give me more mobility in the long run!

I hope so too... I wondered where you had gone off to :cool2: Take some chilling and resting time for your body!!!! Glad though to have you back with us :D

:hug: JL

I pray that all goes well for your recovery. Get well soon.

get well soon,luciadistrubed

my late grandma had hip surgery years ago im not sure what years but i went her surgery day at her grandma's and her dr says she doing fine but her dr says surgery very well they few days later i visit her my grandma show her surgery..

my grandma told me says her hips still bother her lots when i talk her ip-relay i says oh really..

im miss talk my grandma when she died but she would kept in my hearts..

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Rest and take it easy while you heal.

Glad that your surgery is over and that you're healing. Hope that all goes well and that you're back to normal soon.

glad the surgery went ok. I hope you feel better soon. hope you are able to have good pain management too.

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Get well and have a speedy recovery.

Wirelessly posted

Oooh, ouch! That's a sort of similar to my mom. More important thing is -- I'm so happy that your surgery went well, and get well as soon as possible! :hug:

Back