My hip surgery

Keep us updated on your progress. :D

Get some rest and speedy recovery! Will you still need more surgery?

:hug: I wish you a speedy recovery. May I ask how your hip got like this? I'm wondering because I've been having hip pain for no reason for an entire year.

:hug: I wish you a speedy recovery. May I ask how your hip got like this? I'm wondering because I've been having hip pain for no reason for an entire year.

I was born with hip dysplasia (this is somewhat common in female Native American babies - I'm Cherokee/Ojibway) and had two surgeries to fix it when I was very little. Then I began having severe pain in around 2001 and it has gotten bad and I've been trying to get surgery since 2006 with no success until now. I'm looking forward to feeling better and having more mobility and being able to walk long distances and stuff like that. I had a torn labrum on my hip joint which caused the pain. Now it's been fixed and healing.

Sheesh, don't let the cost keep you from having the surgery! My implant procedure for VNS Therapy (google it) costed $25,000 and my insurance covered some of it. We have been making payments since then, but we should be done paying by this summer. It's well worth it. :D

Sheesh, don't let the cost keep you from having the surgery! My implant procedure for VNS Therapy (google it) costed $25,000 and my insurance covered some of it. We have been making payments since then, but we should be done paying by this summer. It's well worth it. :D

I already had the surgery and medicaid and medicare is covering it.

That's great, Lucia. I'm glad that it worked out for you to have that surgery done. :)

Back