"Mother's ring" - ring with birthstone for each of the kids

Buffalo

Reaction score
How many of you gals have a "mother's ring" which is a ring with a birthstone for each of your children? I just learned of the mother's ring recently and wonder how common that is.

I do and I cherish it. My mother, grandmother, and all of my 16 aunts do. You can also get necklaces and charm bracelets with those little girls or little boys charm.

Not yet! I will one day...maybe I'll get that for myself for my 40th birthday. Dunno yet. Ring or necklace..not sure what I'll decide on.

My mom doesn't have that kind of ring, but she does have one of those "Precious Moments" figures where a woman is holding a string with hearts that represent our family members. :)

And? ... more info, Reba ... pretty please? Don't know anything about Mother's ring. :)
The first mother's ring that I had was a gold band with my daughter's birthstone. However, since I only have one child, everyone thought it was just my birthstone ring. :P

Later, my daughter gave me a mother's ring with her stone, her hubby's stone, and the stones of my grandsons. They are set between two gold bands.

I have a different type of birth stone rings that can be worn on a necklace. But I have seen birth stone rings for each children on a nice ring with engraved names of each child with their birth stones on a mother ring which is great. I am thinking of getting one for my daughter since she is my first born child.

I have mother ring from my two precious daughters! :D

I do have a mothers ring.. Its a heart with my birthstone along with twin boys, TJ and my daughter's birthstones in the heart.

Have never heard of this.

However I have bought just about every nieces a birthstone ring, and I'd give it to them on their 16th birthdays.

So far, the first few of eldest nieces loved it. Now I have several years to wait before completing my mission.

Nope I don't, but I have a puppy who named "Ruby" after my mom's birthstone, also the stone of Ruby was my mom's favorite of all and she have lot of jewelries with the stone of Ruby. I bet when she become old and die, I will be the one who keep those jewelries.

And? ... more info, Reba ... pretty please? Don't know anything about Mother's ring. :)
Here's a picture of my ring. I'm sorry I can't get a clearer close up.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for showing me, Reba ... that's gorgeous the way you have it done. It's a treasure to have. :)

Now I understand about 'Mothers ring'. Miss Delectable mentioned in her above post, we have birthstone rings ... I had forgotten about that. My families never had one and I don't think it's very common here.

I am waiting for my own! :D

my mom never had one.. but grandmas did..

I brought one for my mom but now I cant find it since she is gone. I also gave my mom a necklace all of her grandkids. I still didnt get that back either. :(

I do have a mother ring but it was stolen then I got another one. I only have one kid and people think it was my birthstone but not. :P

Back