Miss Deaf Texas struck by train, killed

Heath said:
Wow !!! Our first major disagreement Momoftwo....

Please understand that everybody grows up differently some don't even touch that stuff and some do touch that stuff but you should not hold that against anyone.

I will say this.... Please show Tara and her family & her friends the privacy and respect that they deserve. please..... Thank you ....

Yes, it is our first disagreement...my opinion is different than yours.:) Oh well....

Now, it's over! I do not want to talk about this because it upsets me greatly about this young woman like I couldn't believe it! Why would it bother me? It's because I wish it never happened to her! It shows that I care about people!

I admit I hope MomofTwo meant the girl's BEHAVIOR/judgement, etc was stupid, not the girl herself. If not, shame, shame. Let her rest in peace and find another way to discuss this so other people might see this and be extra careful and be spared a repeat of this, deaf or hearing.

FreeWoman77 said:
sigh* I have walked by rail many times :Ohno: maybe Tara too, never knows happen to everyone any other u cant call person as stupid, nobody is perfect thinking

I saw video on CNN website her parent is deaf?!? I am very sorry for them :tears:

Whoa that would make it much more harder because the Deaf world is a very small world. It does not matter if her parents were Deaf or hearing. They lost their daughter and loved her very much, their pride and joy. May God Bless and comfort the parent's souls during this very difficult time and please keep her parents in your prayers. God Bless.....

Momoftwo said:
Yes, I do respect the young woman BUT I have the right to talk about this situation because it really upsets me so much and what's more I'm angry at the media!!

Too bad that you don't want to hear it. Next time, don't read my posts!

Thank u!

other deaf got car accident, is it stupid of them driving there, huh? someday u got happened cut with knife what would u feel if u were said stupid for using that knife. everywhere may happened to everyone

Eyeth said:
There's an AOL forum for Deaf people? Is it accessible by non-AOL members?

Secondly, I wish to express my deepest condolences to Tara McAvoy's family, loved ones and friends for their huge loss. I'm so sorry to see such a young, promising, and pretty life extinguished so early. Rest In Peace...

No, this is for AOL members only.

Yes, me too about my deepest sympathy to her and her family. So sad!

Tousi said:
I admit I hope MomofTwo meant the girl's BEHAVIOR/judgement, etc was stupid, not the girl herself. If not, shame, shame. Let her rest in peace and find another way to discuss this so other people might see this and be extra careful and be spared a repeat of this, deaf or hearing.

Thank you, Tousi...yes this is what I mean about her behavior. Shame!

Heath said:
Whoa that would make it much more harder because the Deaf world is a very small world. It does not matter if her parents were Deaf or hearing. They lost their daughter and loved her very much, their pride and joy. May God Bless and comfort the parent's souls during this very difficult time and please keep her parents in your prayers. God Bless.....

yea, I have posted above my thought n prayer go to her family :( just wondering is that deaf her parent? cuz I saw her dad is crying and her mom talking to the cop :tears:

FreeWoman77 said:
other deaf got car accident, is it stupid of them driving there, huh? someday u got happened cut with knife what would u feel if u were said stupid for using that knife. everywhere may happened to everyone

No, I never heard of any deaf people who were hurted as you decribed. Tara was the first person I ever heard of!!!!! I mean freak accidents.

Momoftwo said:
No, I never heard of any deaf people who were killed as you decribed. Tara was the first person I ever heard of!!!!! I mean freak accidents.

OIC, to me heard many :aw:

Yes when you said she made a big mistake, that was correct. I am sure if she knew what was going to happned she would have thought otherwise. I am glad that you have clarified what you meant by what you said. Have a good evening.

FreeWoman77 said:
OIC, to me heard many :aw:

what????? wow! Actually, I don't involve in the deaf community. I don't subscribe the newspapers like silent news or something like that. But I only read the posts right here - only one deaf forum. I don't post here that much - only regilious but then it happened to have this terrible situation about this young woman then I posted more which is unusual for me.

Momoftwo said:
what????? wow! Actually, I don't involve in the deaf community. I don't subscribe the newspapers like silent news or something like that. But I only read the posts right here - only one deaf forum. I don't post here that much - only regilious but then it happened to have this terrible situation about this young woman then I posted more which is unusual for me.

well, not only in USA few I know of also I came from other country I have visited my uncles/aunts/grandparents there where i used to walk by rail many time I mean in my childhood, and my parent's deaf so heard/talked alot about deaf happenings :/

Ohh really? Then I did remember in the Holy Bible that our Father, God says do not refer a person as stupid or dumb. I forgot which chapter it is. So, of course, no one is perfect, I mean no one. I dont call her stupid but all i will say is: She didnt make a good reasonable choice of going to that path. That's not offensive, it is offensive to herself and her family and to her friends for calling oneself or whole-being as stupid? Regardless her behavior and judgement. And I'm done here. Good night.

Hey freewoman.. do you have link about their parent upset and breaking their hearts...

I would like to see

GalaxyAngel said:
Hey freewoman.. do you have link about their parent upset and breaking their hearts...

I would like to see

there's the link on post#77, scroll down ur right to see WATCH click there u will see CNN video, and below RELATED there more pics of Tara and her parents

FreeWoman77 said:
there's the link on post#77, scroll down ur right to see WATCH click there u will see CNN video, and below RELATED there more pics of Tara and her parents
Thanks..
I'll look into #77

Momoftwo said:
There are so awful comments by many hearing people about deaf people in the AOL post thoughts!!! So awful!!! like....deaf people are dumb, satan got the deaf girl into hell eternal, etc. It really disgusted me!!!!!! Thanks a lot to the media!!!!!!!!!!! Because this media made many hearing people thinking deaf people are dumb!!!!!!!! because I read so many awful comments by hearing people about deaf people!!!! disgusting!!!

Hey, this girl walked along the railroad path and it was 10 feet away from the railroad to where she was walking. I couldn't believe it. That wasn't very smart thing to do - yes, it was very stupid thing to do. It is not because she was dumb because she was deaf. No! Hearing and deaf people made stupid things to do. So, it seems to me that it was her suicide secret. I am not sure. It still really upsets me!!!!!! I still don't understand why she walked way too close to the railroad!!!!!!! sigh!

:tears: This is such sad news about Tara Mc Avoy!!! She had her whole life ahead of her, but, at the same time, God may have needed her too.

I don't understand why hearing people would think this way about deaf people, when so many hearing adults and children are killed near train tracks all the time. Adults walking as Tara did near the train tracks, children playing near the train tracks, a lot of them are killed each year through a train accident.

Before we make any assumptions of suicide secrets or dumb decisions, we need to stop and think that maybe this was her way of gaining peace in her life, by walking around or near the train tracks. A lot of people do it all the time. I read the article yesterday through a deaf website, New England Deaf Senior Citizens, and in no way did it make her look stupid, or making any kind of dumb decisions. Yes, it was stated that the train did blare the horn at her, and because she is DEAF she didn't hear it.

But, right now, this young girl cannot defend herself, she has gone to Heaven with the hope that her soul is at peace. That is what we need to do is pray for her, and her family. They lost a daughter, a very intelligent, outgoing young girl. The deaf community in Texas lost an Icon, a young girl who represented her State with honor and pride!!!

We right now, should not label her, she cannot even explain why this accident happened. What we should do, is pray for her and her family, that God will be with them, comfort them and take care of them in their time of sadness.

A child is irreplacable, we need to put ourselves in this family's shoes, because we really have no idea what they are going through now, except if anyone has lost a child, which I am truly sorry for, then they would understand so much what this poor Mc Avoy family is going through.

God give The Mc Avoy's strength to see this through, and for Tara, for being the person that she was and the pride she gave to the deaf community.

Momoftwo said:
Then, that time you were wild and crazy. I was not!!!! When I was 18 years old, I already knew about the railroad situations. I was always very good person, never got troubles, never got into crazy, wild situations, etc. My parents taught me the right ways. They disciplined me very well. This is how I behaved very very well. I never do the drugs, drinkings, smokings, smoking the pots, etc NEVER tried it! Well??? Alright!

It was dumb of her to walk way too close to the railroads. Very sad. In a way, yes on this situation did teach people (hearing and deaf) a lesson.

Ok, goodnight, heath :)

What is this? Why? why? why? When this poor girl has been killed no respect is being shown to her? Because Heath did these things back in his teenage years, does not make him "wild and crazy"!!! It makes him a normal teenager. Everyone has played around the train tracks, and like Heath, I am sure there was a measure of caution in the back of his mind. But, this isn't about you Momoftwo, and it shocks me to see you talk this way!!!! I am hearing myself, and not once, did I call her stupid or dumb, or even allowed the media to sway my feelings that she made a bad decision. This is about Tara now, her life is gone yes, but, there will be so many memories to follow of her. But, her family? Her family has lost a child. A child that cannot be replaced ever again.

Momoftwo, just pray for Tara and her family to get through this tragic time, and leave the labeling behind. You are so worried what the hearing people are saying, that you are not even realizing what you're saying!!! This is not like you at all. Please have some respect for this young girl who's life is no more, and their family who has lost a child. I cannot put myself in their shoes, as I have not lost a child, but, my heart goes out to them, my prayers go out to them too. Let us think twice before we start labeling Tara, so her soul can rest now. I saw in one of your postings to Heath, "end of discussion", then make it so with no more remarks like the ones I have read previously please. This hurts me to see this, because this is not the dear friend that I know. :ily:

Back