I'm plans enroll Gallaudet university online

sara1981

Reaction score
Last week I'm at Washington, D.C. For one weeks October 11-16 I went visit and tours in Gallaudet it's so nice campus had history of Gallaudet university past to present president and lots of mores museum,etc in Gallaudet university..

So I'm interesting to enrolled Gallaudet university it'd would be best for me than hearing college require interpreted but my chosen have online..

So I'm send my old college transfer and my deaf school transfer records for send my school records to Gallaudet university..

My previous study become early childhood development from old college but my decide studying become asl teaching child and adult I didn't got degree from old college..

I wish you well in your schooling

How exciting! Also what a dream, most hoh or deaf people, hell even hearing, dream of going to Gally. Best of luck to you and your studies.

Last week I'm at Washington, D.C. For one weeks October 11-16 I went visit and tours in Gallaudet it's so nice campus had history of Gallaudet university past to present president and lots of mores museum,etc in Gallaudet university..

So I'm interesting to enrolled Gallaudet university it'd would be best for me than hearing college require interpreted but my chosen have online..

So I'm send my old college transfer and my deaf school transfer records for send my school records to Gallaudet university..

My previous study become early childhood development from old college but my decide studying become asl teaching child and adult I didn't got degree from old college..

Good luck~! More and more students today are doing classes online and moving away from classroom learning.

I think there's a lot of advantages for online learning, for many people-

Best wishes on your educational endeavors, Sara. :)

Just for limited majors.

If you want IT major and take online courses at Gally, you are out of lucky.
I wondered that- if it was limited to majors or just more or less a selection of courses offered for continuing education purposes rather than for pursuit of a major.

I wondered that- if it was limited to majors or just more or less a selection of courses offered for continuing education purposes rather than for pursuit of a major.

I spoke with one of CRE at Benson Hall and she said that Gally does offer online major in interpreting only.

There are some people who want to go online study or courses to major something they are interest in.

I am in the community college here in New Mexico for aerobic swimming. I want to take another course that I am interest in. I will have to wait until either Winter or Spring courses if there is available for me to learn. The school said I could go online better than in the classroom. I would rather be in the classrooms with ASL interpreters better than online. I guess it is because I am not use to being online for courses. Everything change so much on account of having more new technologies. Geeze. This is way going too fast for me.

There are some people who want to go online study or courses to major something they are interest in.

I am in the community college here in New Mexico for aerobic swimming. I want to take another course that I am interest in. I will have to wait until either Winter or Spring courses if there is available for me to learn. The school said I could go online better than in the classroom. I would rather be in the classrooms with ASL interpreters better than online. I guess it is because I am not use to being online for courses. Everything change so much on account of having more new technologies. Geeze. This is way going too fast for me.

As total deaf with full ASL, I took online classes without interpreter and I managed to pass most of classes, beside business courses (I'm weak with accounting and economic).

You will be fine with online courses - just follow instruction.

Update

My transfer paper from my old college and deaf school already send to Gallaudet and I'm praying get in admitting Gallaudet about first week of December or before thanksgiving between but we have wait till email from Gallaudet adviser says..

Update

My transfer paper from my old college and deaf school already send to Gallaudet and I'm praying get in admitting Gallaudet about first week of December or before thanksgiving between but we have wait till email from Gallaudet adviser says..

Without doubt, you will get accepted if you meet all minimum requirement, including HS diploma (standard, not IEP or modified), or other college transcript with GPA 2.0 or more if you have more than 24 credits.

Do you have family living in DC metro or northeastern states? I recall about you have medical issues so you need to be prepared about handle with medical issues, also getting familiar with hospitals in DC - many of them are good.

Gallaudet is very different from K-12 schools and you are on own 100% and make adult decision about everything, but some staffs or students can give you advice but it is up to you to make decision. If you have issue with university cafeteria, you can ask for access to kitchen at dorm but you have to bring kitchen equipment for cooking like pan, pot, utensils.

Without doubt, you will get accepted if you meet all minimum requirement, including HS diploma (standard, not IEP or modified), or other college transcript with GPA 2.0 or more if you have more than 24 credits.

Do you have family living in DC metro or northeastern states? I recall about you have medical issues so you need to be prepared about handle with medical issues, also getting familiar with hospitals in DC - many of them are good.

Gallaudet is very different from K-12 schools and you are on own 100% and make adult decision about everything, but some staffs or students can give you advice but it is up to you to make decision. If you have issue with university cafeteria, you can ask for access to kitchen at dorm but you have to bring kitchen equipment for cooking like pan, pot, utensils.

I'm not plans going Gallaudet for class but just online

her dream is:
___
Wish Sarah the best luck with her goal to be an instructor

Back