Does you guys have any trouble sleeping at night?

I have isonmia and I was born deaf. It could be a worthy topic to do a study on. Never know.

the world has become more and more a 24 hour life style. i have the oddest sleep pattern you can find. work nights and up morning and afternoons. catch some sleep when i can. then when i do get a good rest someone i know wants to see me !!

Last edited:
Born deaf and I tend to sleep 12 hours at a time. But I have a couple of nasty syndromes that probably contribute to it.

I'm amazed so many deafies have trouble sleeping. I had terrible insomnia during my high school years and through college, but nowadays I sleep like a baby. I take two 20-minute naps a day and they make me feel amazingly refreshed. I do not have tinnitus, but I can summon an episode, know what I mean? I can bring about tinniitus by willing it, and it gets so bad it almost makes me reel since it sounds like giant crickets getting hit by express trains over gravel, but it goes away quickly. I really feel for those who have this on a constant basis.

I was born deaf when I was around in late 36's I got bad case of tinnitus and light vertigo I had hard time falling sleep and I still do now ......... I have learned how to try to stay busy and try to ignore it and I only can sleep few hours and wake up and wait till I am too tired and take a nap now and then .

I'm amazed so many deafies have trouble sleeping. I had terrible insomnia during my high school years and through college, but nowadays I sleep like a baby. I take two 20-minute naps a day and they make me feel amazingly refreshed. I do not have tinnitus, but I can summon an episode, know what I mean? I can bring about tinniitus by willing it, and it gets so bad it almost makes me reel since it sounds like giant crickets getting hit by express trains over gravel, but it goes away quickly. I really feel for those who have this on a constant basis.

I know people that are not deaf or HOH that have a hard falling asleep. I really think being deaf or HOH does not have anything to do with not being able to fall asleep. I think it has more to with what is going on in a person life
that made it hard to fall asleep.

Hmmm...it would seem that, like with so many things, this is something that depends entirely on the individual. I know when I had full hearing capability I had a "normal" sleep cycle and could practically fall asleep at will. I noticed I started having issues with sleeping when I started losing my hearing and developed a loud roaring sound in my ears. That roaring would drive me nuts. and it was always worse at night. Now that all the hearing in my right ear is gone I don't have that roaring in my right ear anymore. I get it in my left ear, but that is becoming less frequent as the hearing in my left ear goes the way of the dodo too. I told my hubby about this possibility that my nightowl-ism may have developed as a result of the hearing loss. He said that he could see how that might be. He thinks maybe because not being able to hear noise isn't an issue anymore and since the roaring problem is worse at night those could be contributing factors. He also asked me if I thought that because I am having trouble interacting with hearing people now that I might sort of subconsciously set myself up to be avoiding having to deal with the issues that causes. I'd love some insight on that idea.

Hmmm...it would seem that, like with so many things, this is something that depends entirely on the individual. I know when I had full hearing capability I had a "normal" sleep cycle and could practically fall asleep at will. I noticed I started having issues with sleeping when I started losing my hearing and developed a loud roaring sound in my ears. That roaring would drive me nuts. and it was always worse at night. Now that all the hearing in my right ear is gone I don't have that roaring in my right ear anymore. I get it in my left ear, but that is becoming less frequent as the hearing in my left ear goes the way of the dodo too. I told my hubby about this possibility that my nightowl-ism may have developed as a result of the hearing loss. He said that he could see how that might be. He thinks maybe because not being able to hear noise isn't an issue anymore and since the roaring problem is worse at night those could be contributing factors. He also asked me if I thought that because I am having trouble interacting with hearing people now that I might sort of subconsciously set myself up to be avoiding having to deal with the issues that causes. I'd love some insight on that idea.
did you get the license number of the UFO that abducted you?

Im an insomniac as well but it is more related to bi-polar than anything else. Fortunately I am on medication for it, unfortunately the medication costs $400 USD/month and I have no insurance therefore I have stopped taking it. So far nothing major is out of rhythm other than my sleep patterns.

Im an insomniac as well but it is more related to bi-polar than anything else. Fortunately I am on medication for it, unfortunately the medication costs $400 USD/month and I have no insurance therefore I have stopped taking it. So far nothing major is out of rhythm other than my sleep patterns.

I have a niece who has been diagnosed as bi-polar. She can't afford the over-priced junk the legal pushers have either. She smokes doobage instead and says she does better on it and it doesn't have the nasty side effects and is way cheaper.;)

when physical stress is up (music has been too loud, or louder environments, or not enough exercise...sometimes not enough s.e.x, or too much caffeine)...or mental stress (not enough creativity or work...too much stress from financial, or too much stress from relationships) sure.

Do I resemble anything like my roommates (brother and wife..normal hearing)...no. Do I think it's related to my deafness? In a way sure.

I love sleeping for 9 hours per night.

Sometimes some people cannot sleep because the bed's too close to magnetic fields.

I sleep about 7-9 hours a day...I usually end up crashing some where between 9 and 11 am and sleep till I wake up. Once I wake up I can't get back to sleep.

I have problem cause I can't restless serious cuz because reason health problem physical I think ., but I have special medication only reason serious!I have problem sleep. I final sleep asleep long whoa strong medication sleep, beat can't sleep impossible all the sleep not good health for you dizzy or balance. I think so not sure my personal It is very control your physical your brain! your try best health correct

Back